[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm still learning how to cook for myself, how'd I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: IMAG0020.jpg (2 MB, 2368x4208) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0020.jpg
2 MB, 2368x4208
I'm still learning how to cook for myself, how'd I do, /fit/? Brown rice, sweet potato and chicken thighs.
>>
well that looks like food, unseasoned and probably bland but ya looks like food 5/10.
>>
>>34906124
It looks unpleasant but it's probably edible.
>>
>>34906136
I seasoned the chicken in salt and pepper and garlic powder and the rice and sweet potato in a little salt. I cooked another 4 chicken thighs but ran out of rice so I just chucked it into the fridge.
>>
>>34906124

Isn't that a whole lot of carbs?
>>
>>34906124
Looks like cooked chicken and rice with raw sweet tates
>>
Why two carbs sources? Good meal should have meat + carbs (grains OR starches) + veggies (for fibers)
>>
why does anyone eat rice?
>>
>>34906124
with some Italian herb flavored mrs dash seasoning, that shit would be bomb.
>>
>>34906124
>Botulism
>>
>>34906124
Are those sweet potatoes raw?
>>
>>34906280
this. op you dun goofed. never eat rice thats more than a day old. plus soggy old shit tastes disgusting anyway
>>
>>34906256
EZ to cook (just add water) starch or carbs and brown has good fiber. Very accessible common grain. People don't have to but it has been a staple in humanity since forever.

Why don't you eat rice?? Have a phobia??
>>
>>34906124
>if you were /ck/
would be unimpressive and bland shit
>as someone who's just starting to learn how to cook
not too bad, chicken is fully cooked and looks seasoned, sweet potatoes are cut and not falling apart but are visibly tender, good selection of low-GI high nutrition foods
7/10, you're gonna make it
>>
>>34906280
>>34906299

Wtf is up with this britbong meme? Do you nerds have GI tracts made of wet paper bags?
>>
>>34906246

Sweet potatoes are a root vegetable
>>
>>34906352
>Why don't you eat rice??

Tastes like shit
>>
>>34906401
yeah but it's literally the same amount of carbs per gram as brown rice
>>
Sweet potato and rice? I am shaking my head to tell you the truth family.

Get rid of the rice, replace with green vegetables. Raw or very lightly steamed.
>>
>>34906124
What is this middle school portion sizes where even the 8th graders have to buy a "double lunch"?
>>
>>34906985
True, ok. Like I said I'm still learning.
>>
>>34907054
You're right, sorry bro. We all have to learn. Good start, but try and inlclude some green veg in your meals, particularly brassicas. Spinach and chard also god tier.
>>
>>34906124
> double carbs
> half of them looks raw
> no vegs

Slice your sweet potato, leave it in cold water for 20 mins, drain it, and roast them in the oven with little olive oil on them.
Eat some veggies too m8. Cauliflower and broccoli is god tier if your roasted in the oven like the potatoes.
>>
File: 1402793745711.jpg (68 KB, 479x370) Image search: [Google]
1402793745711.jpg
68 KB, 479x370
>>34907364

Forgot to mention time and temp; between 180C and 200C you can cook most of the things in oven from chicken to pizza, time is a bigger variable, what I do if I'm not sure about the food is check on it after 20 mins, and checking it every 10 mins after that until done. Or just google it.

Some things like fish is done faster, usually 12-15 mins, chicken thighs/breast is around 30, depending the size.
Root veggies 20-40,depends on size you cut it.
If you do things as a whole (whole potato for example) wrap it in kitchen foil (aluminium).
If you worried about things getting dry (turkey breast) cover it with said foil and pour some water/stock on it.

It's 10am and I just wake up so that's it for now, someone else can educate you about pan frying.
>>
>>34907417
Cheers man, good to know. I've been eating chicken thighs quite a bit, would it be better to eat chicken breasts?
>>
>>34907618
In what standpoint? Nutrition? I don't think there is a difference. Cooking? You can make dishes from breast where you need cubes/stripes of meat, and don't have to worry about the vains and bones, but thighs tend to be more juicy if that's your thing.
>>
I'm sorry but you haven't learnt how to cook. That looks terrible.

Take a look: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipes
>>
>>34907765
>I'm still learning how to cook for myself

>I'm sorry but you haven't learnt how to cook

Are you dumb m8? Thanks for the link.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.