[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mobility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
mobility is the biggest meme of them all. show me a flexible person with good range of motion and i will show you someone who was born that way. i can't find one example of a person that has actually displayed improved squat depth after rolling around on balls and contorting themselves into painful shapes.
>>
Are you actually trying?
>>
It's funny how you idiots expect regular people who spent like 20 years of their lives sitting 8 hours a day to have good mobility

LE SQWAT DEEP OR YOU GON BE A CURLBRO XDDD
>>
>>34905299

Kelly jewrett has some decent info, but half of the things he sells on rouge can be made for a fraction of the price, and all this band mobility is fucking silly if you ask me, half of the stretches you can do with bands you can do without them, you just have to change your positioning. Plus you don't see olympic level lifters/gymnast using silly ass fucking bands for mobility.

>guy in op looks like hes making love to a plate
>he could get both knees by just doing a frog stretch on the floor.
>>
>>34905299
Then tell me why dancers girls and gymnastics can do a full split while other college girls cannot accomplish one
>>
>>34905401

A splits can be achieved at a college age.
>>
>>34905401
because they wouldnt be a dancer or a gymnast if they were born without ridiculously mobile joints.
>>
File: 1445005863052.gif (1 MB, 413x192) Image search: [Google]
1445005863052.gif
1 MB, 413x192
>>34905299
I know this is b8 but...
>>
>>34905599

nice facebook post.
>>
>>34905400
it is information. but it doesn't actually DO anything. show me someone who struggled to get depth on a squat and then followed his advice to achieve proper depth. half the time his test/retest doesnt even show improvement. his videos are funny as hell sometimes, thats all they are good for.
>>
>>34905617

Mobility isint a quick fix, and what he does show usually does work, i just find the bands to be silly as fuck, he's funny except when he goes on joe rogans and the convo was dull as all hell/
>>
>>34905599
not b8. i really think it is a scam. i mean if it is going to take half an hour a day of rolling around in pain to improve ROM by a millimeter per year they should just save you the trouble and be honest and say it isnt worth it for many people
>>
>>34905583
I coach gymnastics, everybody can increase their flexibility. It's all about how commited you are to it. I've seen sedentary adults achieve middle and front splits.
>>
>>34905299
Well you're just plain wrong. Not only are there studies that prove it is possible to improve mobility, you just check in on any rec centre karate class in September and again in May and see the difference in mobility gained over a few months of practice and training. Look at somebody who learns to goaltend in hockey and how their flexibility and mobility increases over time. If all you do is squat, then your squat mobility might not change, but if you do proper mobility work then yeah, you'll improve your lifting form.
>>
>>34905599
>>34905299
Whoa shit the two gayest posts of the thread end in 99 how weird is that?
>>
>>34905299
What if I told you that mobility training is the same as strength training? It takes a lot of time and proper training to see results in both those ventures.

The biggest problem is people static stretch for like 10-20s. And they maybe do 10 different positions. The same reason why people that don't challenge themselves in the gym don't see results. Is the same reason why people don't see results in mobility. Dorsiflexion is my tightest joint. I do 5 different exercises on each ankle for 1 minute each. That's fucking 10 minutes of static stretching just on dorsiflexion. And yes I've seen some amazing results
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.