[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My chest leans forward when I Squat, even with just my own body
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: form.png (298 KB, 440x266) Image search: [Google]
form.png
298 KB, 440x266
My chest leans forward when I Squat, even with just my own body weight. I recently deloaded because my knees started angling in and I want to take this time to get my form down.

> How to PERFECT Squat form
>>
SS read it
>>
I had/have the same problem, i have shit mobility and work on it a lot
>>
>>34904577
>teaches lowbar

lol
>>
>>34904583
What do you do for mobility?

>>34904577
You could tell anyone to research their own problem, there's lots of shit on Google, the point of this board is to ask for advice and see what worked for other people.
>>
>>34904553
Are you tall? 6'2" here and I have the same problem.
>tfw bench 180, dl 250, squat 115
>>
>>34904612
6'5" 210 lbs actually. Is this height related?

> Bench: 225
> OHP: 155
> DL: 285
> Squat: 185
For 3x5
>>
>>34904597

calf stretches and hip flex stretches. butterfly, one kind of like a lunge, and static holding on a squat position. just google stretches for squats
>>
>>34904622
I think so. I think we have to open our hips more. I'm thinking at least 60° as opposed to normal 30° but I dunno I haven't tried it yet
>>
>>34904585
Olympic quality lowbar
>>
>>34904553
Mobility issue. check in this order (for high bar):hip flexors, hamstrings, shoulders, ankles
>>
>>34904672
Stick calves between hips and hams, knew I was missing something
>>
>>34904622
I'm the exact same height and weight, and I just recently upped my back squat from 185lbs to 275lbs in literally 1 month after I started doing front squats.

Front squats need a straight back to work properly, so you will develop the form just by doing them. I also wear a lifting belt any time I do a working set, so get one, it helps immensely.

Also, for us tall guys, it's ok to let your knees travel a bit over your foot. Try doing really narrow stance squats, and focusing on keeping your back straight and your head up.
>>
>>34904553

for me, 5'11" @ 195

push the feet out hard. the drill that work for me was to squeeze both hamstrings & quads hard while letting the foot rotate in slightly, then relax that just a hair & squeeze the glutes, letting the foot rotate out. A few tries of this and I got a foot angle that made me aware of all three muscle groups. My legs feel like springs.

Get the shoulders & back stable. I had to move my hands out to the collars initially if I lowbar, but they're in about 6" now. If your upper back tightness sucks, then repping with bw on the bar is going to look like a retard lift and you'll pitch forward more.

Push backward as you bounce out of the bottom. Some guys even advocate letting the knees come forward more so the hips are closer to CoG, but I consider it more like aggressive momentum out of the hole

Front squats, paused front squats, paused back squats. Embrace this shit.

Consider doing a low rep, high density setup once your form isn't godawful. Ladders, in a similar Shaf's writeups, are a godsend for working assholes like me. Start at about 70% max of your 3*5. Set a stopwatch, and do 1 rep, then 2, then 3, all on the minute. 5 trips through, and that's 30 reps in under 15 minutes. I can do this with about 85% of my 1rm, about 3-4x/wk. Not Smolov level volume, but it's more than most people will ever do, and even if you bump the rest closer to 2 minutes it has worked as hypertrophy for me.
>>
>>34904980
>implying you know the struggles of working out at 6'5"

Buzz off little guy
>>
>>34905004

former co-worker was 6'4"

almost everything I do worked for him as well, and we'd share tips all the time. That drill for getting the feet set was from him.

Anyways, 6'5" means about 6'0" around here for most kids so I doubt you really have more than a couple of cms height on me
>>
>>34904980
Keep the feet narrow would mean the ass has to come way back in order to keep the weight balanced. This would make the chest come forward, which is exactly OP's problem.
>>
>>34905125
Meant for >>34904818
>>
>>34905125

I never said anything about narrow stance.

Personally, I'm much more comfortable with a narrower stance than wider, despite DL'ing sumo. For me, this means that the lower I go in a narrow stance the more ATG I get. I can stop at parallel, but the faster I descend, the more my bottom position looks like a classic ATG highbar before I bounce up.

Go play with a stick figure and see that this can work.

Look up at what I said previously. Paused work will quickly let you find what feels like the best bottom position. If you can't maintain tightness at the bottom of the hole, then you fold over because you don't have the power to reverse and use energy from the descent when coming up.

Speed makes the lift. Tightness makes the lift. A sub 225 squat shouldn't be that hard once those two elements are in place
>>
So I pulled a hip flexor or pectineus doing bulgerian split squats about six months ago. Now every time I squat I get an intense pain there in the fold of my leg when getting into or out of the hole. Time off hasn't helped and I deloaded back to lmao 1plaet and still experience the pain. This is at or below parallel, not atg but I am a lanky fucker (33 inseam at 5'11).

Fuck, how am I going to make it if I can't fucking squat? I don't know if I need to work the area with a tennis ball, stretch it, say fuck it and work it, or maybe do bw squats. The other day I stretched it good and did the tennis ball and then I could faintly feel the pain while walking fast with a wide stride like I made things worse.
>>
>>34904980
I more or less agree with this whole post

Except for timing your rests

>>34905004
>making excuses due to height
Fucking lol
>>
>>34905238
>height makes no difference in lifting
Fucking lol
>>
>>34905252
>not realizing I'm an inch shorter than you and don't make excuses
Fucking. lol.
>>
>>34905274
>you know my height on an anonymous board
>Everyone at the same height has the same bone proportions
>roids aren't a thing
>>
>>34905172

Saw that after I finished

What should help any lifter is experimenting.

OP has 2 big problems. His tightness for his current stance isn't what it needs to be, and then he's trying to compensate by shifting the angles.

You can't get a squat up if every damned rep looks like shit, and you can't get enough intensity to get stronger if you drop the weight too low. Chicken & egg problem.

>>34905238

The timed set idea isn't for everyone. It brings a oldschool bodybuilder type ethic to the mix. I happen to love it since I'm time limited to begin with, and it's really improved my recovery between sets. Within a couple of weeks of starting this, what used to be my 3*5 took only a couple minutes over what I needed to do 2 sets.

Now I can do singles at 90%+ on less than two minutes rest. Volume + density + recovery = big squat
>>
>>34905287
Literally only weak natties complain about my personal choices.
>m-muh femurs
Laughing my ass off family.

Keep making excuses, it hurts less that way
>>
>>34905304

I've got a checklist for when I see shit like that complaining

Has the guy ever done a 20 rep squat set? Is the whiner just sore because squatting is harder than couchsitting? Does he have the balls to have some balls?

If they fail this, it is the first step to admitting suckage. I went through it and grew a pair; likely same for you.

One day, they might realize this
>>
>>34904553
This can be caused by a short torso
Try a wider stance and point your toes out more
It's important to point your elbows to the floor and pull the bar into your traps on the way out of the hole
>>
Um if you hinge right your chest will tilt during a squat. Just keep your shins and upper body parallel throughout. All good.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.