[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good morning from Australia fellow /fit/izens. I'd like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: Body Types Women Like.jpg (854 KB, 1600x2400) Image search: [Google]
Body Types Women Like.jpg
854 KB, 1600x2400
Good morning from Australia fellow /fit/izens.

I'd like to try a general betterment thread where we discuss and compile tips and ideas to be, who would have guessed it, better in general. Topics should include:

Sleep
Lifting
Eating
Socializing/ Ways to meet good people
Education
Reading materials
Pro hobbies
Time management
Finance related things.

etc etc etc.

If I had anything to contribute myself I wouldn't need the thread. We are all gonna make it bro's. Let's get some good karma going today.
>>
Time management:
Before you go to bed, write a list of things you know you need/want to get done tomorrow.
E.g.
Wake up
Lift
Eat
Class
History paper
Calculus homework
Clean room
Read

It feels good to have little accomplishments throughout the day
>>
File: Bro Tip #105.jpg (22 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Bro Tip #105.jpg
22 KB, 500x375
>>34902703
Surprisingly simple and effective. Nice one man. Will give this a try.
>>
>>34902755
Glad I could help. We're all gonna make it
>>
Actually I only like 2. Thin type. Stop preteding only women have this thing preference.
>>
>>34902789
Not the place for feminist bullshit. No one cares.
>>
It will sound cliche as fuck but:

Quit the to do list as soon as possible. I won't say it didn't help me 3 years ago. I was autistic and blind followed it. Then someday I realized it was making me unhappy and said fuck it I don't want to do this things anymore. After a time I returned to my hobbies but now doing them whenever i want. Believe it or not, I work much less and make much more progress.

You need to think about the things you are doing or will never be more efficient than today.
>>
File: Fundementals of Happy.jpg (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Fundementals of Happy.jpg
85 KB, 500x500
>>34902851
That sounds interesting, bro. Please elaborate? Did you find that planning ahead made you sort of dread having to do it later or something like that?
>>
>>34902661
inb4 wall of text

>sleep
Try and force a strict pattern. Trouble nodding off? Try reading a book in bed instead of shitposting. Really can't fall asleep? Order melatonin from the States (the stuff sold locally is hippie-tier placebo). Don't over sleep on weekends

>eating
See a dietician rather than buying into the broscience here. Some things the guys say is true, most is fucking nonsense. Dietician will normally do body scan which breaks down visceral fat, muscle, bone density etc for a solid baseline. And they'll give you a proper meal plan.
Also try the new CSIRO cookbook. Easy as fuck, focuses on basics like fats, proteins and carbs (inb4 paleo tards)

>reading
1984, crime and punishment, tale of two cities. Also read the news every day, particularly the international news. You'll soon realise how spectacularly unimportant your life is which is humbling and will give you great perspective
>>
>>34903107
>Also read the news every day, particularly the international news.

Don't do this. Unless you are politician and it's important for you career, you shouldn't read news at all. Or watch TV.
>>
File: ohrly.jpg (22 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
ohrly.jpg
22 KB, 512x288
>>34903141
>>
File: Nameless One Is At It Again.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Nameless One Is At It Again.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>34903107
Thanks for the tips man. Keep'em coming /fit/

>updated my journal
>>
>>34903268
A couple more, if you'll indulge me.

>education
Every man and his arsehole has a degree nowadays. Learn to enjoy education for its own sake and never be satisfied with what you know. Be mindful that you're always operating on the margins of a bountiful harvest of new information. Employers can spot a degree shill and an educated man a mile off. Learn the difference.

>hobbies
Put those gains to good use. Try rock climbing and bushwalking. Team sports are great too, and helps with the socializing thing. Just try and keep the autism in check.

>finance
If you have the means, see a financial planner. The big four banks all have free services. Otherwise a qualified third party is the go.
Invest in sensible stocks, try and avoid a crippling mortgage when the time comes, pay cash not credit, going without is character building, you're not entitled to anything so work hard.

A final shill for yoga too. Great for the body and noggin, obscenely attractive teachers and qts in the class, fish-in-a-barrel ratio of men to woman (usually 2 blokes to 20-25 women)
>>
>>34903587
what the hell is bushwalking
>>
>>34903107
Honestly. Crime and Punishment is a really boring book unless you understand what the author wanted to convey before you start reading it. I read when I was 16 cause I wanted to be more intellectual and back then I thought it was the most boring piece of shit I've ever read. Looking back now 7 years later and I know what Dostojevsky wanted to convey and I can appreciate it so much more.

1984 will always be good though.
>>
File: qwdqw.jpg (101 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
qwdqw.jpg
101 KB, 720x720
>>34903268
yo my friends mom looks just like that motherfucker
>>
File: p7oUqVA.jpg (79 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
p7oUqVA.jpg
79 KB, 500x750
>>34902789
Nope, 1 is best
>>
File: mario.jpg (130 KB, 298x480) Image search: [Google]
mario.jpg
130 KB, 298x480
>>34902789
>>34904506
I would gladly have sex with all but 1, 16, and 18-21 (obviously some more than others).
>>
File: 1412912952845.jpg (11 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
1412912952845.jpg
11 KB, 500x499
>>34902661
1-8 and #14 the rest you could keep.
>>
>Intellectual
Reading War and Peace along with The Prize. Also read the news and a magazine related to my field every day.

Started learning mandarin. it's pretty easy because I already know all the kanji from Japanese. I want to focus more on speaking/listening this time though, so not that big of a benefit.

Really studying for uni now instead of coasting by, due to having a new goal for my masters.

>Physical
Finally managed to get the weight loss back on track, gotta lose around 30lbs for goal weight now.

Unfortunately due to financial issues I can't go to the gym(they are crazy expensive close to where I am), so it's bodyweight training for me.

I really have to stop procastinating on writing my paper though.
>>
I'll share what i do

Have a calendar and just write important things on it (Tests/exams/meetings/appointments...) and put it in a place you will always see it.

Personally, and i think some people too, can agree a day to day list isn't for everyone, it can be too much and puts too much pressure so don't do that unless you have the need for it.
>>
Also never skip a workout, seriously just even go for <1hour

>40hrs heavy work week
>4classes at uni

Sometimes i don't want to hit the gym but i go and at least do some work, and maybe focus on three exercises and try not to fuck around and just focus and get that shit done.
>>
>>34902938
I think what he's trying to say is that you gotta have time for yourself, no matter how unnatural it is.

A good example of this is video games. A lot of people say you can't be successful and play video games. But if you just give yourself like 30 minutes a day, and it's something you enjoy, then you're going to be a lot more relaxed when you're working toward stuff like school or a project.

Best advice I ever heard was do something you want to do once a day, no matter how small, it keeps you sane.
>>
>>34903141
seconded

Worry about your circle of influence, ignore your circle of concern.

AKA handle your shit, don't worry about anything that doesn't affect you.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.