[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
beginner with big ambitions / zyzz ambitions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: zyzz.gif (998 KB, 410x583) Image search: [Google]
zyzz.gif
998 KB, 410x583
I'm 220lbs, all fat, 5'11.

I'm starting college in January, so I'll have access to a gym and I'll have a car and money for supplements and what not, basically more freedom. I want to dedicate some of my free time to working out and getting healthy so I can fit into my pants and not have to keep buying new clothes. Also the perks of looking good are good too, especially the girls. I'd like to have a physique like Zyzz ideally someday, but that will take a long time. So, to get there, I guess I have to start now, and I'm wondering, where do I begin?

Do I work on my HORRIBLE stamina first, and how do I do that? Should I lose a tonne of weight first, or just start lifting weights and let the muscle I build burn the fat I have right now? Or do I just start doing a bunch of cardio to get my stamina up, while losing weight, and then start strength training? I have no idea where to actually 'begin' and which 'guide' or 'path' to follow.

I also have a couple of questions about loose skin, will I have it if I start to lose weight, or does it disappear if I go slowly and not drastic weight loss?

How many times should your workout per week? Every other day? 5 days workout, 2 days rest?

What about protein, should I buy the most expensive stuff right away, or just buy any protein since I'm a beginner and then start buying the good shit 3-4 months down the road? What protein brands would you recommend for the 'safest' protein, but also the strongest ones?

What about food, can I eat wraps, burgers, and subs every meal, and pasta / spaghetti? Is drinking like 10-15 glasses of water good or bad? Won't it just make me fat if I drink a lot of it?

Also I calculated my TDEE, 2600, and I eat around that much right now, so I'll try to cut down to 1600 or so. It's just I eat everything right now and its not filling food so I eat more and more until I'm full, not until its enough. So I'll have to start eating more fulfilling foods I guess.

Thank you for your help!
>>
>>34901709
READ. THE. FUCKING. STICKY.

also post pics we'll motivate you. you fat fuck.
>>
>>34901810

What kind of pics? Which angles?
>>
>>34901854

any and all mate.

Also start reading into Starting Strength. Start at conservative weight but don't be a pussy - push yourself each week. When you feel sick, dizzy, sweaty, clammy, you know youve done a good work out.

Buy protein from myprotein. I personally buy 'Total Protein'.

Diet: no to anything fun. Scrap all your suggestions. Ask yourself 'is my food raw as fuarrrkk'? I mean things that grow out the ground or things cut out of another living thing. Meat. Veg. Plain potato. Nigga gotta go back to the 1700's on this shit. Cut out the snacky junk fast food it aint gonna do nothing for you. Get oats. Eat oats.

Loose skin will naturally reform back 'to normal', dont starve yourself or do anything stupid. You want to build muscle as a 'backup' against saggy skin, so its worth eating a good amount of GOOD food.

Stamina: Yes, you big faggot, you can run straight through a stitch. Start running, I dont care when or where, just start running. When it hurts and you can't go anymore, keep running and start counting, because thats the short period of time when you're gonna get any improvement out of excersize.
>>
Post some pics of your legs (quads) and your stomach/chest, back if you can.

Gives us an idea of what to say to you, and how to help with what routines lol
>>
>>34901926
also as much water as you physically can without osmosis of your internal fluids going counterbalance and killing you.
>>
From one fat boy to another, 30 minutes of cardio either before or after workout for your first couple months will make the pounds melt off as well as being self conscious of what you put into your fat mouth. Last August I stepped into the gym at 310 lbs currently sitting at 225, the gainz are noice but the respect you gain for yourself is incredible.

There will be days when you feel like you can't or you just don't want to, well you know what you fat fuck? That's when you get to working. Don't lose sight of your goals and remember to take those progress pics, they'll be there for you when you hit that rut where you don't think you've accomplished anything.

Zyzz was the one who got me to start my fitness journey and if he can help start yours then we are all gonna make it brah, good luck family
>>
>>34901972
THIS.

Im a fatty also. 5'7 190 pounds. Dont give a fuck. Ive learnt to take control. You will too.

I get chocolate cravings (kek) before I go to sleep so i lurk on /fit/ and tell myself im a fat embarressing kek. I want you to literally hate yourself so much, but at the same time let you know that theres a beast in you waiting to rip outta your fat ass. Jesus.

And yeah, lifting makes you regret every added sugar. Every grain of it, brah.
>>
Hey mate, you should read the sticky - it will become your bible from now on. Watch scooby1961 and DO YOUR RESEARCH into everything - people are out there for your money: if they sell something, don't take their advice at face value. But Iove your ambition and I think you've got the right mindset, remember that it's going to be very hard work - harder than you will have ever worked in your life and the only person you will be letting down is yourself. Keep at it no matter what, others will ridicule you, but trust me one day you'll be out the shower, catch your reflection and will realize just how far you've come. Remember that the journey is just as important as the destination. See you on the other side, friend.
>>
I'm posting my pictures in a minute guys
>>
>>34902039
Do it i'll show you how much of a fatty i am too. We'll make it together
>>
>>34901709
>I'm
Nice blog faggot
>>
>>34902039
dont post your face btw.
>>
>>34902094

Yea I know lol
>>
>>34902144
Btw dont eat pasta. Some people may disagree, but stick to brown rice / oats / simple UNTAINTED potatos.
>>
Inn for fatass
>>
File: not fat.png (875 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
not fat.png
875 KB, 1080x1920
>>34902048
>>34902094
>>34902017
>>34901949
>>34901926
>>34901810
>>34902174

>>34902196

No :P
>>
>>34902221
>>>34902048
>>>34902094
>>>34902017
>>>34901949
>>>34901926
>>>34901810
>>>34902174
>>>34902196

Also how is my "genes"? Do I have anything positive? Or am I hopeless? :(
>>
>>34901709
Read the sticky, fat-ass
>>
File: fatassfuck.jpg (536 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
fatassfuck.jpg
536 KB, 750x1334
>>34902221
As promised. You're not even THAT fat. There's probably some fat on your ass. As there is also on mine.

Bruh, read the sticky. Follow the sticky. Excersize/diet/commitment. The three true pillars. Each pillar you need to research and understand - like what diet you need to be doing - what excersize routine. Ive basically already told you.

But yeah, you'll definitely make it. But it's up to you to make it happen.
>>
>>34902221
Small frame. I'm sorry bro
>>
>>34902230
you'll have a nice adonis belt. This shit could work.
>>
>>34902260

What's an Adonis belt? Show me a pic of that o.o
>>
>>34902263
The 'V' shape under the abs going towards the penis, sorta inside your hips. shits good brah
>>
>>34902271

WOAH really? Yeah I can see I have those cuts in the side, they go deep lol, interesting

Any other things?
>>
>>34902294
dont listen to faggots on here. you have a good frame. no gyno as i can see (man tits) so basically get to work. now. have you even opened the sticky yet. jesus
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 560x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 560x755
I'm a fatass on a cut too. Started top row is 270, bottom is 253. 6 weeks between at 6'.
>>
File: not fat side.png (673 KB, 728x1291) Image search: [Google]
not fat side.png
673 KB, 728x1291
>>34902252

Haha, thanks, and yeah, people tell me I look 180 LOL, they're surprised when I'm 220

>>34902311

Thank you
>>
>>34902347

I can tell theres a difference lad well done, but theres still so much more room for improvement. Confirmed for good outlook and might make it.
>>
>>34902311

Yeah Im gonna open it now, I skimmed it earlier, its so plain man :(

Thank you for the vote of confidence

I have a small gyno I guess, but its not really big? Idk

So what do you think my outlook is, any ideas as to where I could go with my body?
>>
>>34902360
>>34902347

You guys actually lifting at the moment? Give me your stats and how long you've been going.

Mine: 1 month
Diddy: 120kg 1x5
Bench: 70kg 3x5
OHP: 40kg 3x5
Skwat: 90kg 3x5
>>
>>34902379

No idea. But it'll be good, better than where you are. You hear/see people talking about 'that guys body' and 'how do I get it' and 'my goal body' but it's only a general idea of what they want.

The truth here is, you can only be the best version OF YOURSELF. You know youve made it when someone says they want your body.
>>
>>34902379
Man up and read it. Small price to pay. Get your attitude in the right fucking place.
>>
>>34902389

I don't lift (basketball head guy) but I'm pretty strong, I've never actually lifted before in my life lol, but I do a lot of labor, like most of my house I built with my dad, I change our tires, build all the furniture and shit, I do all that "labor" so I'm pretty strong but probably not as strong as you, I can lift maybe 150lbs max right now I think probably like 10-15 times? (3 reps of 5 lifts?) Then I'd be "done" I guess
>>
>>34902389

I'm the second guy, been doing SL. Finished my 6th week today and these were my working weights for 5x5

Squat: 235lbx5
Ohp: 105x5
Bench: 165lbx5
DL: 275x5
>>
>>34902409

Can you explain the 3x5 or whatever "reps" are and how to count them?
>>
>>34901709
Wow, it's almost as if someone compiled the answers to all your questions in a nice text and linked it at the top of the first page, SO GO THERE AND READ IT

Or better, don't. Just go away.
The last thing /fit/ needs is another faggot lifting for "aesthetics" and "girls" who will complain that he doesn't look like Zyzz after 6 months.
>>
>>34902434
Ok. Google 'the art of gentleman' on youtube. On his video's, he collaborated with a God called Mark Rippetoe. There are videos for each lift, and he explains the correct way to do each move. Get on it.

>>34902447

Well done sir. Keep going up weight. Like I said, if you're not fucked up you're not going anywhere.
>>
>>34902464

Kek, I won't complain, anythings better than wat I am now LOL, I'm prepared to dedicate like 3 hours a day, I picked my university courses later in the day so I could workout in the mornings.

I know it'll take me like a few years to get near Zyzz.
>>
>>34902454

Jesus. Fuck. Fine. Alright.

When you lift a dumbell once, that is 1 rep (or repetition). A set is a group of single reps.

So 3x5 = lifting the dumbell 5 times. Then stopping Set 1 done. Lift five more times. Set 2 done. Lift 5 more times. Set 5 done. At the end you've done 3x5 = 15.

READ THE STICKY REEEEE
>>
>>34902486
You're prepared to dedicate that much time, yet you can't even bring up ten minutes to READ THE DAMN STICKY THAT LITERALLY ANSWERS EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR QUESTIONS?
JUST
FUCK
OFF
>>
>>34902454
It's 3 1RM reps followed by 5 lightweight, bouncy reps

Its the best combination to confuse muscles
>>
>>34902486
the 3 hours dedication to the gym is the easy bit. its the other 21 hours where you make the right diet choices. thats the hard bit. STAY OFF ALCOHOL.
>>
>>34902522

Don't listen to this guy. He's tryna give you bad advice.
>>
>>34902507
***set 3 done. haha.
>>
>>34902517
>>34902507

Reading le sticky now, halfway done first post in sticky thread

ITS SO INTERESTING WOW O_O
>>
Guys quick question, so going through the sticky, it talks about counting calories, since I'm not white, my mom just cooks a bunch of random shit 'off her mind' so its never the same amount of calories in the same meals...

Can I just 'eye ball it' and eat much less than I eat now, and will that be fine, as long as its healthy foods like vegetables, stir fryed with rice or some shit?

I'll mostly eat wraps, and/or burgers anyways, since I love them a lot, and I'll just put a bunch of vegetables in them.

I'll try to eat ONLY 3 meals per day, at around 600 calories each, which should be good, that's like taking away 800 calories a day from my current eating habit and TDEE

Also is it a good idea to just sip on a protein shake or two during the day? Like instead of 2 scoops for 40 grams I'll put 1 scoop for 20 grams for like 6 hours, then make another one for 20 grams, just to drink and get more protein? Or is that just a waste of protein? I mean I'll probably only get like 120 grams from my food, and then the rest 40 grams will come from my workout, and then the rest 40 grams I can get just by sipping on a shake during the day right? It won't be 'wasted' like the sticky says?
>>
>>34902856

pls help
>>
>>34902856
>>34902951
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>34903035

OKAY BUT THE STICKY DID NOT ANSWER THAT QUESTION GOD DAMN IT
>>
Okay, basketball head guy here, (op) I'm going to do some cardio from November 15 to December 15 and come back and report my weight, daily cardio of like 120 minutes. Unless it snows, then I'll just do 60 minutes at home (jogging in place or treadmill) but for the days it doesn't snow I'll ride my bike for 2 hours.

I'll come back and post an update with updated pictures + weight I guess, see how far I can get within a month.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.