[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody else here have delusions of grandeur or am I the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: 313213123.jpg (31 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
313213123.jpg
31 KB, 360x360
Does anybody else here have delusions of grandeur or am I the only one? I have basically planned out my transformation to the Ubermensch. I have created 3 categories for this:

1. Cultivation of Mind
2. Cultivation of Body
3. Cultivation of Environment

Now I do not want to annoy you too much with the details in the OP, but I might share later on in the posts.
>>
Share the 'deets' now op. I wanna join your cult
>>
File: 1446836662227.jpg (457 KB, 782x991) Image search: [Google]
1446836662227.jpg
457 KB, 782x991
>>34898323
If you still have those delusions, you're just a solipistic manchild, too self-centered to realize you're not special.

If you set those plans, chances are you'll never put them in action. Doers just do, they don't wank and think about what they could become. And more importantly, most of them benefited from a positive feedback loop since child.

Only a select few manage to get what they want from scratch. Going from loser to winner is a fairy tale only seen in movies.
>>
>>34898348
Me too, "the cultivation cult" sounds cool
>>
>>34898323
You're building your own torture chamber OP. Have fun in the nuthouse once you have a nervous breakdown and end up sectioned.

That said, you could have some good ideas, so go ahead and share 'em while we laugh at your fedora level (if it makes you feel better, you can imagine that is a part of your mind cultivation)
>>
>>34898350
Lel fak you jelly Bish just cus ur a loser and Will remain so
>>
>>34898323
Details you faggot
>>
>>34898350
I am a doer, just one with a plan.

This took some time to write up (got most of it noted down in German or simply just in my head) and I had to split it up, post limit reached.

1. Cultivation of Mind

A man should cultivate his intellect, his character and his mental capabilities and outlook on the world.

I am inspired by the likes of Leonardo da Vinci, men who did not neglect one part of their intellect, but still managed to excel.
Obviously this means you need education and work your mind, apply your intelligence. I try to learn and work in many fields, to build a foundation. Which is why I am in university and studying math. I minored already in sociology (in 1/3rd of the time, just got through with it quickly), plan to learn about philosophy and have recently started CS. I don't want to plan too far into the future, but the next step would be to acquire engineering knowledge and skills and learn drawing aswell. I would do it right now, but there is only so much time in a day.

Now for the rest I follow Buddhist practices. I strive to develop great mindfulness, to develop concentration and moment-to-moment awareness. I meditate 3 times a day for 5-30 minutes each and it has helped me a great deal. My empathy has risen, my anxiety disappeared and my understanding of my own mind and the world it perceives increases with every day. I actively aim at letting go of desires, letting go of clinging.
>>
>>34898631
>post limit reached
Meant "comment too long" obviously

2. Cultivation of Body

This one is relatively easy. You do want to be healthy primarily and aesthetics follow suite. I am a vegeterian and am very mindful of what I eat. To optimize my nutrition and the time I spend on food per day I have a general dietary plan and I supplement 800 kcal per day with the European version of Soylent (called Joylent), I drink 1l of milk per day, which is another 700 kcal, which leaves me with ~1000 kcal per day I need to fill. Usually this means one bigger and one smaller meal.

I also train six times a week, obviously, or I wouldn't post here. I do cardio (running in the winter, swimming in the summer) and resistance training each 3 times a week, on alternating days. On Sunday I rest, just like the Lord did. Before every training session I do a dynamic warmup and after every session I stretch. A routine should always be specialized to your needs, so I won't go much into detail here, but I stretch according to what exercises I do and my resistance training is a mixture of barbell training and bodyweight exercises.

I also have been doing PE (penis enlargement) for some months now with moderate success. I gained from 16cm BPEL to 18cm and from 12cm EG to 13cm. I ultimately aim at a little over 18cm in length and 14cm in girth, I am considering starting pumping soon, since it has brought great success to some members of the community.

I don't have to mention hygiene, preferences here differ anyways. Personally I wax my whole body neck down and beard and hairstyle are not that important. I am growing both out right now, but I don't have any goal pictures ready.
>>
>>34898631
>>34898638
>german
this is the second hitler guys
>>
>>34898638
When it comes to stuff like style (clothes, hair, etc) I might post more later. I am still unsure there myself anyways.

3. Cultivation of Environment

This includes two aspects, one very important, the other less so.

First, of course, the people you surround yourself with. This means a sex or romantic partner, I do have a girlfriend right now, and friends, of which I have about 3 I hold very dear and a couple of acquaintances. If you have a caring family that is of course a valuable gift aswell. Friends come and go in life, but make sure to surround yourself with the right influence.

The other part is mostly materialistic. Where you live, what you own. The only items of luxury I own are technology related and for me they are mostly tools. I do not think it is smart to clinge to materialistic values too much, they're a means to an end. If you decide for an item to get, make sure it fulfills it function, only then consider aesthetics - of course those can be a great means to an end aswell, since our society is pretty superficial.
>>
File: url2.jpg (72 KB, 600x454) Image search: [Google]
url2.jpg
72 KB, 600x454
>>34898645
>When it comes to stuff like style (clothes, hair, etc) I might post more later. I am still unsure there myself anyways.
This guy has incredibly beard/hair aesthetics. Turn this down a notch (i.e. visit a barber) and it looks actually well kempt aswell.
>>
>>34898800
When it comes to clothing style I try to combine minimalistic clothing with other, more prominent clothing. I generally stay away from fashion trends and I don't wear jeans. I tried to find good examples on /fa/ but they all have bad taste, it's actually sad.
>>
File: 14428522999.jpg (186 KB, 700x669) Image search: [Google]
14428522999.jpg
186 KB, 700x669
>>34898323
It's not delusional if you actually do it
>>
>>34898645
>If you decide for an item to get, make sure it fulfills it function, only then consider aesthetics
If only you'd be as strict when it comes to your physical and mental training!
>>
>>34898631
>I actively aim at letting go of desires, letting go of clinging.
Then why do you still go through with your plan?
>>
>>34898865
Why not? I am not tormented by these desires, do not clinge to them, these are merely goals I have set myself because I believe that I will benefit from them. I have seen the fruits of my labor already and I hope there is even more to come.
>>
>>34898859
What do you mean? I train both my body and mind to be healthy and comfortable, not to look good.
>>
So since when has 4chan become your own personal blog?
>>
>>34898323
I'm willing to bet 10,000 that you're currently a huge looser. I don't know whether it's tfw no gf, whether you work a shit job, have psychological issues, bad family - whatever it is, this kind of compensating-by-overplanning (plans in your case being mindless rambling) is really common for narcissists who have a love-hate relationship with their shortcomings.

Just saying. Might wanna get yourself fixed to base level before thinking about being an Übermensch.
>>
>>34898323
Yo... so get this.
I'm a Prophet
I met God after someone tried to kill me with West African vodoun (Satanic magic)
Prior to I've always been agnostic, and I was raised to be atheist (parents would show me propaganda almost, no bibles, no church).
I used to not be a fan of Drake cause he's light-skinned and people would make jokes/comparisons...
But I'm realizing that Drake actually raps about my life.. from the past/future.
It's pretty good motivation for workouts lol.
And on top of that, I found out that my ancestors who were "discovered" in the New World are actually aliens, Jews.
And Islam is the only true monotheistic religion that submits their whole self to Allah without twisting the words to fit their own agenda.
And Jesus is Muslim too.
>>
>>34898948
Family isn't the best, but it's alright now, I moved out 4 years ago. Barely any contact. Psychological issues... not really. I have schizophrenic tendencies (probably where this idolization stems from), but do not suffer from anything currently. I used to be depressed and suffer from anxiety in the past but ever since I started improving my life with the plan I laid out here

>>34898631
>>34898638
>>34898645

it all disappeared. Meditation/the appliance of Buddhist concepts was actually a HUGE part of it.

>>34898943
Isn't it for everyone?
>>
>>34899001
>no contact with family
>schizo tendencies
>depression
>anxiety

I'm not really judging because I really get it, but that's exactly what I was talking about and what breeds this kind of thinking.

From my experience, that kind of self-improvement usually gets stuck at really superficial things, like sculpting the perfect body instead of actually turning life around, but I wish you the best to make it work.
>>
>>34899023
I do not want to come off as defensive, but I currently do not suffer from either depression or anxiety, do have a girlfriend and friends I have regular contact with and phone with my mother on friendly terms about once a week. There is nothing to worry about, but thanks for your concern
>>
>>34898991
>And Jesus is Muslim too.
Christians, Jews and Muslims all believe in the same god.
>>
>>34899001
>psych issues... Not really

Got some bad news for ya, son. The way you write and think ain't normal. Narcissism and delusion qualify and psych issues.

Also, the autism.
>>
>>34899092
The reason I know I have schizophrenic tendencies is because I got extensively checked with a mental health professional already as a result of my depression and anxiety. I also said it is nothing to worry about not because of my own opinion, but because of the explanation the psychologist gave me.
>>
>>34898323
Honetly OP; The strength of my body, the intelligence of my brain and the willpower of determination. I may not even know when I'm there, but I'll have achieved the best form I am capable of. At the end of this journey I shall be enlightened. I will become a god, or die trying.
>>
>>34899116
Good job, Anon, I applaud you in your effort. You will most likely die trying, but you might realize on the way there that you have been God all along and that there is nothing to achieve in the first place. Don't believe in the me that believes in you, believe in the you that believes in yourself!
>>
>>34899136
New poster here.

We all die trying , anon.

We all die.
>>
>>34899136
I guess that's part of life. I hope I get what I want out of it. As do i hope you do too.
>>
>>34899036
See, what if I told you that pure undefiled religion always has existed, but has been corrupted by the rulers of this earth...
I mean you have The Gospel today... right?
The Roman Govt who made the Roman Catholic Church also tried to assassinate Jesus, Surat 4:156-159.
Allah saved Jesus and left a replacement: they only thought they killed him - and they knew that he was an Apostle.
Jesus never called himself the Son of God nor did he tell people to worship himself or his mother as gods.
He never called himself a Christian either...
God sent the Qur'an away from this side of the world because of the evil they were committing and that they had changed the word to suit themselves and their own vain desires, Surat 7:162.
You can't slaughter whole nations and destroy indigenous populations for "God, Gold, and Glory", when God told you thou shalt not murder, thou shalt not steal, and thou shalt not covet (silver and gold).
The Vatican, which gave rise to orders like the Knights Templar, Freemasonry and other secretly occult groups are merely Hypocrites - wolves in sheep's clothing doing the work of their "father", Satan.
I'll leave you with a good verse
"After them succeeded an evil generation: They inherited the Book, but they chose for themselves the vanities of this world, saying for excuse, "Everything will be forgiven." Even so, if similar vanities came their way, they would again seize them. Was not the covenant of the Book taken from them, that they would not ascribe to Allah anything but the Truth? and they study what is in the Book. But best for the righteous is the home in the Hereafter. Will you not understand?" - Surat 7:169
>>
This level of pseudo intellectual "elightenment" is the kind of shit that can only be developed by college aged white kids. Jesus christ.
>>
>>34899192
This shit ain't to do with no religion sonny. Enlightenment is no longer wanting. Enlightenment is about maturing as a human. Not about some literal state in which everything becomes clear.
>>
>>34899228
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I never meant it as religion.
>>
>>34898350
So Nietzsche was weak?
>>
>>34898323

>delusions of grandeur
>racing thoughts
>used to be depressed

m8 youre having a manic episode. get yourself checked
>>
>>34899231
OP here. I am quite literally striving for religious enlightenment. I do read the Pali Canon, Buddhist scriptures, meditate, apply Buddhist principles. Once I am able to I would like to move to Japan or a similiar country where I can visit and learn from Zen masters and Theravada Buddhist monks and in general "enlightened" beings.
>>
File: Max_stirner.jpg (10 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10 KB, 200x237
>>34899232

Nietzsche was a spook
>>
>>34898350
bitch I clawed my way up to the top. I was a fucking depressed loser in 8th grade who wanted to kill himself and
I cried once when somebody made fun of my socks.
Now I attend an international boarding school on a $72k scholarship. It was hard but I did it and I'm still moving up mothafukas

don't make excuses for yourself
>>
>>34899648
You were an average 14 years old boy.

>>34899232
He was a fraud
>>
>>34898323
Stopped reading at "vegetarian"

You'll never make it.
>>
>>34898631
>>34898638
>>34898645

I'm not gonna knock someone for trying to improve themselves, but bear in mind that >>34898948 has some validity (especially on the bit about your idea of planning being rambling about the topic).

The parts in your goals where you are specific, i.e. the penis pump, gives me the idea that the majority of your goals are primarily vanity-driven. You want external validation and approval for what you have.

But I am assuming a lot, and starting to border on being critical of you. Instead, I'll just warn you to be mindful of a few things:

Don't burn yourself out, examine exactly why you're doing these things, and to actually apply your improvements. For example, you mention how meditation has increased your level of empathy. Okay, so what does that exactly mean? It's somewhat alarming since empathy is not exactly a rare skill or talent, it's pretty normal to the majority of people. On the other hand, if that newfound empathy of yours is pushing you to create goals to better those around you (strangers, too) and the world, then you're on to something.
>>
>>34898350
>Going from loser to winner is a fairy tale only seen in movies.
You know what's worse than special snowflake delusional children? Deterministic pessimists. At least the first ones try to cheer other people up and while I personally find that annoying, it is good in the long run because some are actually helped. People like you, though, are spoiled brats who failed everything and believe that just because they can't, no one can, blaming human nature (deemed to fail) just because of personal experience. Who's the solipsist now, eh? You are nothing more than a parasite, feeding off of society and giving nothing in return, all while labeling yourself "alpha" and wearing your fedora.
You may not be able to live a perfect life (no one is, actually), but you're always able to improve. You are certainly not in control of everything; that, though, doesn't mean you're not in control of anything. Those things you do control are a burden of yours and yours only. That's what the stoics of old taught millenia ago. Also, essence does not precede existence, so no such thing as the fate of "select few" you preach, either.
Why do people you even come to a board whose icon (who achieved more than you will in your disgraceful life) said "we are all gonna make it"?
>>
>>34900198
Not him, but just fucking lol at taht bluepilled garbage. Money produces money, have fun going nowhere thinking that the American Dream can happen to you because it happened to someone else.

Ugh, you faggots disgust me.

>'we're all gonna make it!'

I dare you to go in a hospital and tell the exact same sentence to an amputee or a terminal cancer patient.

Fucking lying shit.
>>
>>34899263
>I am quite literally striving for religious enlightenment. I do read the Pali Canon, Buddhist scriptures, meditate, apply Buddhist principles.

You need to understand that reading philosophy is learning about the ideas of others. It won't bring you anything, apart from knowledge about philosophy. And it certainly won't change yor outlook on life.

You know what does that? Colorful hard drugs brah.
>>
File: 14318942951852.jpg (9 KB, 254x200) Image search: [Google]
14318942951852.jpg
9 KB, 254x200
>>34898631
>>34898638
>>34898645
>tfw this guy is living the life I want to have
>>
>>34898638
what kinda penis enlargement bruh
>>
>>34900435
Which part of
>You may not be able to live a perfect life (no one is, actually), but you're always able to improve
did you not get, tardo? Who even talked about american dream?
Thanks for showing your incompetence in your autistic rant.
>>
>>34898350
>tfw this is completely true

the worst part is that as a kid, you have some shit times but you genuinely believe your adult life is going to get better, but it never gets better
>>
>Leonardo da Vince
>buddhist
>vegetarian
>penis enlargement
>materialism
I don't want to use the word "fedora" but sometimes I remember this is 4chan where everyone is baiting or being an idiot.
>>
File: 1427753368859.gif (2 MB, 320x245) Image search: [Google]
1427753368859.gif
2 MB, 320x245
>>34898631
>>34898638
>>34898645

Instead of all this shit you should worry about not getting your entire country keked by islam.
>>
I bet I'm more deluded and self-absorbed than anyone in this thread. Max-autist final incarnation of Vishnu masterrace checking in.
>>
>>34898323
expecting to "cultivate your environment" is a recipe for disappointment
>>
>>34900198
I just ignore crabs like this
>>34900435
and continue with my development, seeking, enlightenment and contribution to the world.
Anyone can make it, but not without belief, even if the belief is blind.
>>
>>34900496
>hard drugs
once you realize there never was any separation, just a big old mirror staring you in the face you stop trying to change the mirror and learn to change yourself by loving the reflection
try out Starting Drugs by Terrence Mckmindfuck
3x5 Psilocybin
3x5 LSD
1x5 Ibogaine

3x5 MDA
3x5 4-ACO-DMT
1x5 N,N-DMT
>>
>>34898323
Yet, you will always be a pathetic virgin who cannot even keep eye contact.
>>
>implying you can cultivate your mind and still maintain delusions of grandeur

You should aim for the dismantling of the self
>>
OP I'm the same as you. Literally I plan everything and I'm busy all days everyday. All my time is used to improve myself somehow.

My areas are different to yours:
1 Professional. (I'm a musician, I practice/study up to 60 weekly hours). Currently I'm working a lot in improving my skills. I'm studying guitar in college.
2 Health. This one I divide in mental health and physical health.
For physical I do strength training and daily cardio. As for nutrition, I do strict nutrition with only lean foods. No empty calories, no bad fats or any kind of junk food. Currently researching if I should diminish my meat consumption.
For mental health I try to create a balance in my life. Sometimes my mind starts to fuck up after forcing myself in so many daily activities. Also try to find a balance between social life since I'm always busy. This area is the one I lack the most.
3 Wisdom. This area is divided in two:
"Generate Knowledge" This means that a lot of stuff is learned by actually doing things, like the skill of discipline.
"Import knowledge". A lot of knowledge is out there. To get it I constantly read books of self improve. Also planning to get degrees in different areas as well, and maximizing my main area (music) to the highest possible. To improve this area I also search for people who has achieved great, and look for advice of them. Or sometimes read a blog of someone succesful.

I recommend you to read "7 habits of the highly effective person", it's bassically the same thing we are doing (Divide our life in different areas and then improve each of them until achieving grandeur.)

I have been living like this for 2.5 years now. Planning to continue for the rest of my life.
(1/2)
>>
>>34901635
>Starting Drugs by Terrence Mckmindfuck

Topkek
>>
And same as you OP, I have delusions of grandeur I feel like I'm superior to other persons, because I am more disciplined and do much more stuff like them.
On my area of "wisdom" I'm trying to manage this toughts. I think that this toughts will damage my social and professional life. Currently trying on getting humbleness, and see if that works well.

>>34898948
After reading your post I analyzed myself and found out that... you are right. When I started with this lifestyle I hated every area of my life. I also spend a 5 years of depression on my teenage, one of them of heavy depression. So I must have some kind of psychological damage.
However this new lifestyle has given me so much, and I feel my mind is healing, I'm much more comfortable with my life now.

The only kind of instability I see on this lifestyle is that it demands a lot of me. Probably in the long term it will cause some kind of nervous breakdown.
(2/2)
>>
File: 1351282243298.jpg (587 KB, 1600x1167) Image search: [Google]
1351282243298.jpg
587 KB, 1600x1167
>>34898323
>pandering to an expectation created by your own ego
>making it
breh, just kill that shit, release yourself from the bondage of duality, let the force of universal creation take the driver's seat and really affect some change.
Bring back God, here and now.
The Kingdom of Heaven is at HAND BITCHES BOOYAH
>>
You guys are nucking futs
>>
>>34901794
It's an outcry, you know? These guys are lowest losers of the low and they think that, somehow, they will rise above their station..:Which, let's be honest here, will never happen. They can't even look someone in the eye.
>>
>>34901789
>tfw you will never soar on great white wings or wield a flaming sword against the darkness
>>
>>34901885
iktfb why even live?

We just have to wait for the immersive VR
>>
>>34898323
holy shit /fit/ where are the fedoras

this is grade A autismal
>>
>>34899232
no everyone in the thread is wrong and he is right
>>
>>34901842
>somehow
It's possible. Very difficult but possible. Not in the way most hope to do it though .
The usual pattern is : watch movie, feel 3h inspirational boost, illusions of grandeur, fap, sleep

But: non-losers were lucky to get a solid emotional foundation early in life and they get to build on that afterwards. If OP could reprogram himself through psychotherapy he could eventually do the same
>>
>>34898323
Why does every newfag here suddenly get this god complex? Congrats on you 1pl8 bench, but life isn't one of your animes.
>>
>>34903046
this ten times
>>
>>34903046
>delusions of grandeur
It's a very common disguise/compensation for insecurity actually
>>
So what will you do when you reach your targets OP?
>>
File: 1373449295757.jpg (605 KB, 1123x1587) Image search: [Google]
1373449295757.jpg
605 KB, 1123x1587
>>34901906
You're in the most thoroughly immersed VR ever built.
>tfw encoded in the program is an auto-amnesia function to increase immersion.
>>
You people are fucked in the head
>>
>>34898323
fake, gay and aspie
>>
>>34899942
Was it really rambling? Maybe it came off as rambling, because I know exactly what paths I have to go down IRL to get to those goals I rambled on about. I mean, for example when it comes to intellect, I know what I have to study precisely, since I am in university for it. When it comes to body, I only outlined my routine, but of course I have a very specific one that is well thought out etc.

>It's somewhat alarming since empathy is not exactly a rare skill or talent, it's pretty normal to the majority of people. On the other hand, if that newfound empathy of yours is pushing you to create goals to better those around you (strangers, too) and the world, then you're on to something.
I believe there are varying degrees of empathy. I believe that of course everyone is able to feel empathy, but that we are often times ignorant towards the conditions other people are in.

What I have not mentioned in my plans, since I believe that there are so many years to come that will change me as a person and these goals are probably just unrealistic, is that one of the things I can imagine to do in the future is to work in the field of medical engineering, biotechnology. To create cyborg bodies, things that will help disabled people, people who are going to die etc. Or maybe other things that can help. I am in this quest not for myself, but for all people I can influence.

If it was just me in this world, I would simply sit back and relax.

>>34900496
Absolutely, which is why I try to practice it aswell. Reading something is considered a form of meditation too, by the way. You just have to be mindful of what you read. I have taken enough drugs (really a lot) in my life and I abstain from them now. They do not change anything, to be perfectly honest, except to give momentary satisfaction.
>>
>>34901729
>>34901741
I think there is a difference between us two. What I do, I do not consider work necessarily, but merely activity. I do not get stressed out by, I do not get burned out by it. In fact I enjoy it.

Maybe meditation might help you? Meditation after all is about training your concentration, insight into your own mind and mindfulness in general. You might become aware of what exactly drives you to do what you do and what is hurting you about it.

I will read the book you recommended, thanks!
>>
>>34903046
I've been on /fit/ since 5 years ago (obviously infrequently, this place is mostly a shithole) and lifting on and off for the same time. Started lifting like half a year ago after a break of 2 years.

>>34903350
The same thing I am doing now.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.