[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is fat loss really just caloric deficit? Any tips on staving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Fat_bastard.jpg (17 KB, 385x324) Image search: [Google]
Fat_bastard.jpg
17 KB, 385x324
Is fat loss really just caloric deficit? Any tips on staving off hunger?

Yeah yeah, I know,

S
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
So, go read it :^)
>>
You know about the sticky, and yet you made this thread anyway. Bravo.
>>
>>34898174
Genetically some people may have different food preferences and metabolic rates which ofc affect fat loss - but not much. If you run a caloric deficit, you WILL lose weight, and it's not hard to do if you track your food and aren't lazy about it

Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of veggies. I like to drink Seltzer too because it feels like soda. You'll get used to it
>>
>>34898195
>>34898206
>Any tips on staving off hunger?
Main thing I wanted to know, not covered by the sticky.
>>
>>34898428
self control
>>
Drink water. Lots of it
>>
>>34898428
Combined caloric deficit and lifting are going to give you the most fat loss.

Try to eat as much protein from real food as possible.

There's no real way around getting hungry when you're on a decent deficit. Train your self control by keeping your life in perspective. Always think about the long run instead of the short term.
>>
>>34898174
Mental toughness.
>>
>>34898174
Smoke cigarettes. Drink black coffee. Both of those things help to suppress appetite.
>>
>>34898428
Coffee is your friend, my man
>>
>>34898174
If you're fat it's most likely because you eat high carb food. So stop, and start eating "proper" food. I'd be really surprised if you couldn't eat until full by doing that.
>>
>>34898174
Stims can help, nicotine (if you're tolerant of it, and it doesn't give you insomnia), coffee, green tea. Completely cutting out sugar helps the most, sugar doesn't last long for keeping you full. Also, you'll adapt to whatever you're doing in about a week, so muscle through, and whatever you're doing will feel better soon.
>>
coffee, water, raw carrots and if you're really desperate nicotine and eph-40
>>
>>34898428
dont smoke weed, dont drink alcohol, no cardio early in the day
lots of coffee

Do intermittent fasting, place your feeding window around the time you have nothing to do and your fasting window sometime where it's easy to resist snacking/eating, like at work.

Get yourself some flavored water ice, dunno how they call it, ice pop or whatever.
they barely have any calories and are very good if you just cannot resist snacking something sweet...
>>
>>34898174
If you did know then you wouldn't be asking
>>
>>34898174
>be 115 kg in january
>read sticky and count calories
>gym 3 times a week
>walk two times a week
>today i weighted 89 kg

it works brah i dont even kill myself with strict diet, some days i still eat burgers or pizza and still lost weight, thanks /fit/
>>
>>34898636
This. Staying away from sugar, white flour, and pasta, and limiting rice/white potatoes to very small portions has helped in stabilizing blood sugar spikes and better controlling appetite.
>>
I have an idea, quit being a whiny bitch.

Learn to cook - healthy.

Don't know how people can be hungry if they eat clean. I have trouble eating enough.
>>
>>34898652
das it mane
>>
When you get up to 'hardcore athlete on steroids' level, just eating clean is enough to lose weight. But I ain't got time for that shit.
>>
>>34898276
But I want to maintain muscle while losing weight

>>34898428
Eat fiber-dense food
>>
I read the sticky.
Got mytfitnesspall
Counted my calories.
Did stronglifts 5x5
Lost 60 pounds.
Yeah just read the sticky.
I'm 167 pounds now at 5'11
>>
Get used to being hungry

As animals being hungry is our natural state

You are not meant to live like a farm animal, kept fat docile and lazy.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.