[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm on month 8 of SS (did 2 resets) and some faggot takes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: pic.jpg (691 KB, 1944x1139) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
691 KB, 1944x1139
So I'm on month 8 of SS (did 2 resets) and some faggot takes a selfie with me in it. My question is what can I do to stop looking so goddamn dyel? What routine can I move onto to get some real aesthetic gains and get big?
>>
>>34897468
When will they learn?
>>
>>34897477

I'm 182 cm (6 feet)
>>
>>34897484
What part of eat big to get big didn't you understand? What's your current weight? Increase your calorie intake by 500 and drink atleast a litre of milk a day
>>
>he fell for the SS meme
Another victim I see. Do an upper/lower split, p/p/l, or brosplit. Include high volume/high rep curls, skullcrushers/your tricep isolation of choice, and lateral raises.
>>
>>34897502

I'm doing that, right down to the litre of milk. My current weight is 85-86 kg (fluctuates based on whether I took a shit). I'm starting to get fat and bloated around the midsection though, rather than bigger around arms and chest, and I think it has to do with the style of training. I don't think "eat more" like you keep yeling will solve my problems.

Another issue is that I have problems progressing and making the weight jumps SS needs especially on the squat. Because of the plates at my gym I can only do 2 kg increments at a time, or 5 lbs. I could get microplates but I'll never get around to it, plus the plates at my gym are such shit and so inaccurate anyway and marking them and having them on hand is impossible. What I'm thinking instead is increasing the number of reps on a weight until I get to say 8-10 reps, then going up in weight.

>>34897507

Thanks for the sane response. Is brosplit actually legit though? Are we talking like a 5 day split where I work chest one day a week?
>>
>>34897526

Oh and I last topped out at 116 kg for 5x3 on the squat.
>>
>>34897526
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
Check this out, it balances strength training and bodybuilding training to get the benefits of both. Lots of people do good on brosplits, but it would be better to split the volume up throughout the week (i.e, 2 chest workouts on monday and 2 chest workouts on thursday vs all chest on monday).
>>
>>34897543
This. Keep doing this for a year at least, eat a ton. Success will be had.
>>
>>34897549
>>34897543

Thanks guys. What about PHAT?
>>
>>34897543
> (i.e, 2 chest workouts on monday and 2 chest workouts on thursday vs all chest on monday).

In that case should the exercises done on the Monday and Thursday workout be the same, or different ones? Especially since now I've got this conception that certain exercises (e.g. bench) are "primary" and others are "assistance" or "ancillary" exercises.
>>
>>34897595
I'd prefer four different chest exercises (such as bench, incline bench, dumbbell bench, and flies; you choose whatever you want), but if you want to just do the same two exercises then go for it. Check the program I posted, it's got it all covered. Only thing about it I don't like about it is multiple sets of deadlifts on the same day as multiple sets of squats.
>>
>>34897605
>>34897543

What about 5/3/1? I want something simple. All those new exercises on PHUL and especially devoting one day to lower body looks annoying to me.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.