[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 20g of saturated fat a day too much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Is 20g of saturated fat a day too much?
>>
>>34895682

It's about the most you should have. Less is always better though, keep trying to cut down where you can
>>
It makes no difference whatsoever. Saturated fat being bad is a myth not supported by clinical trials.

>Every cell membrane is made of saturated fat
>your brain is 65% saturated fat
>you convert all excess carbs and protein into 100% saturated fat
>milk which is designed to be consumed by mammals contains saturated fat.
>testosterone is made from saturated fat
>olive oil (monounsaturated fat) is converted into saturated fat by your liver
>corinary blockages have saturated fat, protein, and cholesterol, well because the whole rest of you is made of saturated fat, cholestoerol and protein, so what the fuck else would it be made of?
>>
>>34896449

On the other hand,

Medical, scientific, heart-health, governmental and intergovernmental, and professional authorities, such as the World Health Organization,[2] the American Dietetic Association,[3] the Dietitians of Canada,[3] the British Dietetic Association,[4] American Heart Association,[5] the British Heart Foundation,[6] the World Heart Federation,[7] the British National Health Service,[8] the United States Food and Drug Administration,[9] and the European Food Safety Authority[10] advise that saturated fat is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease (CVD), and recommend dietary limits on saturated fats as one means of reducing that risk.

But I'm sure you know more than them, don't you anon.
>>
>>34895682

American Heart Association says 7% of daily caloric intake as saturated fat, for a 3k calorie intake, that's about 23 grams. 2k, 16 grams. So it's probably just right.
>>
>>34896449

Ignore this guy OP. Every science has its crazies and in nutrition science that's saturated fat deniers.

>>34896558

AHA says under 7%, to aim for 5-6%

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/HealthyEating/Saturated-Fats_UCM_301110_Article.jsp#.VkWGxVMqdEI

Not a huge difference, but just for the sake of accuracy. OP's at about that much
>>
>>34896558
AHA is funded by the Cereal Producers.
Follow the money.
>>34896663
>>
File: IY4e8nB[1].jpg (345 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IY4e8nB[1].jpg
345 KB, 1600x1200
>>34896721
>>
>>34895682
The whole "saturated fats are bad for you" thing started basically in the 80s, just when obesity took off. It's bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzPnnDDCIjo
>>
>>34896772

It started more in the 50s but what are you getting at?
>>
>>34895682
No
>>
>>34896772

I just skimmed through that video.

Dude isn't a doctor, he's a comedian.

He appeals to the "wisdom of the crowd," whatever that means, has a section where he quotes randoms on the internet saying that they didn't lose weight on 1500 kcal/day diets, and uses an excerpt from the daily fucking mail of all news rags.

He's either shilling for his movie and brand or he genuinely believes this dumb shit, and I'm not sure which is worse.
>>
File: quack.png (515 KB, 959x479) Image search: [Google]
quack.png
515 KB, 959x479
>>34896889

>"Why are so many people who are looking for health advice turning away from the so-called 'experts' and getting their health information from people like me?"

Because health authorities tell them to eat oatmeal, peas, and carrots, and you tell them to eat bacon, burgers, and cheese.

>This is what we have all been told to do for the past 35 years or so! Does anybody think it's working?

Maybe it would work if people actually did it. What the experts tell people to eat and what people actually eat couldn't be more different. You can't blame advice nobody took.
>>
>>34896889
>>34896936
Keep drinking the kool aid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1RXvBveht0
>>
File: dietary goals.png (55 KB, 607x729) Image search: [Google]
dietary goals.png
55 KB, 607x729
>>34896960

All I have to do to destroy the "da gubmint made me fat" notion is point out that the same guidelines that called for a reduction in fat consumption also called for a reduction in sugar consumption. Do you believe everyone is obese because they're on low-sugar diets?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.