[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pain here after box jumps. What's going on?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 2502107-p-4x.jpg (814 KB, 1920x2240) Image search: [Google]
2502107-p-4x.jpg
814 KB, 1920x2240
Pain here after box jumps. What's going on?
>>
Probably slight tendonitis. Whats the pain like?
>>
>>34893680

you being a faggot for doing crossfit shit

stop being retarded and doing exercises that injure you
>>
>>34893705
>Implying box jumps is the only exercise that can injure you.

Get out of here
>>
>>34893680
vastus lateralis tear
ITB friction syndrome
quad tendinopathy
refferred pain from hip or lumbar spine

a lot of different options when you give such litle info

how about
>what the pain feels like
>other movements or activities that bring it on
>how long this has been happeneing
>how long does the pain stay around for
>how long have you been doing box jumps for

pretty much tell us the story explicitly if you want a decent answer
>>
Not OP. Started doing them last week. Are they worth doing, or should I toss them out?
>>
>>34893747
Unless its a sport specific thing, they dont do much.
>>
>>34893713
but you are being retarded BY doing stupid exercises, happy someone spelled it out for you.
>>
>>34893755
Thanks
>>
File: adamknee19506.jpg (49 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
adamknee19506.jpg
49 KB, 640x512
That's funny OP - I was just about to post the same pain question in QTDDTOT:
I have pain there as well but I'm not sure from what. It's right between the two circled spots in this image - the top left. So I can't tell if it's more like the quad or the lateral ligs. Either way I can't seem to find a stretch to target it.
>>
>>34893732
>>34893705

Sharp pain.
I just started doing them.
The pain stays around for a few minutes.
>>
>>34893759
No exercise is "stupid". Only the way you do it. Any exercise can be stupid if your form is completely off. Doing any exercuse correctly is bound to yield some gains withiut injury.
>>
>>34893680
you fuckin tweaked your dingonitus breh
>>
>>34893780
Any pain in the same area doing normal activites, such as going up stairs or waking downhill?
>>
ITB syndrome, it's always ITB syndrome
>>
>>34893793
No
>>
>>34893764
Suppose I can figure out how to stretch it, with a foam roller or a tennis ball, would you recommend skipping most of today's leg exercises and just doing the stretches? Or doing both? For me (I'm not OP) the pain is only occasional and not particularly worrisome... yet.
>>
>>34893817
Possibly over-exertion, possible weakness on stability while landing off the box, getting too deep of a squat during the jump. How often are you doing then and what are you sets like?
>>
>>34893859
I just started doing them. I did like 10 of them and felt pain so I stopped. I think this thread gave me a general idea. I'll do some more self research
>>
>>34893872
Yeah. I mean for explosive lower its a good test but as a workout, i dont really see the point.
>>
>>34893680

It's called being a faggot and you need to do more.

Seriously, if you can't carry out a simple jump to a platform thats about 2 feet higher from floor level a few times you need to put yourself to pasture.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.