[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keep doing cardio. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/ laur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 30
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 223x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 223x144
Keep doing cardio.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/laurent-vidal-french-olympian-star-triathlete-dies-31-n460511
>>
File: Mkfdry0.jpg (96 KB, 900x602) Image search: [Google]
Mkfdry0.jpg
96 KB, 900x602
one of the dumbest sports around
>>
>>34892659
High level athletes who routinely push their bodies through execise and drugs till they achieve superhuman physical ability die early.
This is out of the ordinary...how?
Zyzz died from a heart attack and he did fuck all except gear up and camwhore.
40+ year old lifters die the same way.
Top powerlifters are always a cheeseburger away from keeling over.
>>
>>34892722
There's plenty of good powerlifters still around in their 50s and 60s though.
>>
>>34892708
Didn't that guy commit suicide?
>>
>>34892739
He committed shiticide.
>>
>>34892729
There are much more old folks doing cardio than those.
>>
>>34892729
Of the ones still lifting heavy, none of them are high level.
And the few that are just have the right combination of genes to survive the excessive drug and workout regimine.

The average everyday jack off? This is dangerous.

>>34892906
Excessive cardio is linked to heart scarring and increased mortality.
>>
>>34892988
Excessive cardio is defined as over 15 miles a week. Anything at or below that is proven to be quite protective for your health. Anything above that and it's obviously a passion for which you're willing to risk your health (like all sports).
>>
>>34893039

thats horseshit.

humans are runners.

the most ancient form of hunting is literally running down prey after miles.

fuck off.
>>
>>34893164
>doesn't know how to hunt
kek
>>
>>34892659
he was probably blood doping out to yingyang, his blood was like syrup, RHR like ~20 bpm

exactly the same as /fraud/
>that guy's like mastest, with bigger balls, but less triceps
>>
>>34893164
Yeah

But life expectancy in the hunter/gathering age was rarely over 40
>>
>>34893451
are you arguing that the cause of that early death was because of running a lot and not because of starvation, dehydration, infection, wild animals, rotten/stagnant food and water, disease and all the other dangers of the life of primitive man?

if so you should definitely stop posting right about now and save yourself from further embarrassment.
>>
>>34893544
No, but what he said was just because we use to be runners aka hunters to get food, that didnt necessarily mean that running all day was the 100% most healthy activity which would give us the longest life. All that fucking running all the time could have worn us out in the same way as other negative traits shortens our life expentancy
>>
File: Ekvall 2015.jpg (149 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
Ekvall 2015.jpg
149 KB, 480x320
>>34892739
Nope. The thing didn't seem to affect him too much, if at all. In this clip, he says he'd do it again if he had to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN42dxSfd3A

He's still running with the same club, and he was the fastest Swede on the same course earlier this year: http://www.runnersworld.se/artiklar/goteborgsvarvet-2015-blev-en-snabb-historia.htm
>>
>>34892659

Guy probably died 'cause of excessive EPO use. That shit can cause blood clotting and consequently cardiac arrest. The article stated he suffer from one heart attack prior to his death.
>>
>>34893724
He also just gave the best Swedish performance in the marathon in the last 25 years in Frankfurt with 2:12:07. Hurra, Bajsmannen!
>>
>>34892708

That's what happens when you run and your bowls aren't thoroughly empty.

Running effects the bowls of the body like when you shake a can of pop and then pull the tab.
>>
>>34893766
That's a pretty nasty thing to say about someone.
Excessive training can definitely cause heart problems even to a perfectly healthy person with no congenital heart defects.
So many recreational athletes die a sudden death every year you know...
>>
>>34893915
How much is obsessive senpai?
>>
>>34894336
*excessive
>>
>>34893823

>bowls aren't thoroughly empty

This is why you need to finish your oats, if you don't lick the bowl clean, you will shit all over yourself.
>>
>>34893823
>Running effects the bowls of the body like when you shake a can of pop and then pull the tab.
that's some hardcore broscience
>>
>>34894367
I've heard the same is true if you don't finish your scoops

>c'mon
>>
>>34893724
Thanks for the fucking gobbledeegook video breeeeh
>>
>>34892988
There's a world masters Champs in powerlifting where hundreds of top level competitors into their 80s go every year you fuckwit. At least put some thought into the shit you post here.
>>
>>34894459
>Of the ones still lifting heavy, none of them are high level.
>And the few that are just have the right combination of genes to survive the excessive drug and workout regimine.

Get it now fucknugget.
YOU ARE NOT THEM
THEY HAVE THE LUCK OF THE DRAW TO GET THE FIST FULL OF GENES THAT MAKE THE SHIT THEY ARE FUCKING DOING POSSIBLE

DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND

No amount of screaming in a mirror, or goal body threads, or watching dudes and duettes perfectly built and lived lives that made them 100% fit for certain activities will make you them or like them.
Men and women die everyday chasing their athletic dreams. The thing that seperates them from you? They know what it takes, they know the dangers, and they know that they are fucking lucky.

You are the fucking rube who they can dumbfuck into getting on gear and wreckin their fucking bodies doing stupid bullshit with no real oversight or care from anyone with half a goddamned brain.
How much do you know about your body?

Have you personally tried to do any of the stuff you're championing and calling perfectly safe?
Do you even know about the day to day lives of those 80 year old powerlifters and champions and the effects it has on their bodies?

High level athletics is dangerous and damagaing as fuck unless you're both damned lucky, careful, and watch yourself carefully.
>>
>>34894367

>still falling for the oats meme

Keto masterrace reporting in. Fart maybe once a day, if at all. No diarrhea since forever.

Before someone mentions keto sharts, that's only during the first two weeks while your body adjusts.
>>
>>34892722
swimmers truly have the most aesthetic and practical body
>>
>>34893164

Persistence hunting != marathon running.

They didn't/don't run non stop for miles and miles. That puts great strain on the heart. They hunt with bursts of intense energy, walk for long distances tracking wounded prey and then use quick bursts of intense activity to finish the job.

Persistence hunting is much more like HIIT than regular LISS. Intense bursts of activity and long periods of very low impact movement and endurance... Not running for hours at a time with your heart rate at its limit.

Humans are not runners. We're long distance movers. We walk and walk for miles and miles and then move very quickly, intelligently and powerfully.
That's not to say we can't run for long periods. We can... It's just not any good for you to do on a regular basis.
>>
>>34894649
No hunter will follow any wild animal for 15 goddamn miles anyways. Most animals can't keep up a pace for 3/4 of a mile, we can easily outlast them in a chase
>>
too much cardio and you burn out your heart, not enough and you end up like zyzz

I think 2 times a week for ~ 30 minutes is good. The heart is a muscle that needs to be exercised.
>>
File: potato4.jpg (43 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
potato4.jpg
43 KB, 570x587
>>34894649
>It's just not any good for you to do on a regular basis.
fattato detected
>>
File: fjb3y.jpg (108 KB, 640x393) Image search: [Google]
fjb3y.jpg
108 KB, 640x393
>>34894649
this post explains it best

where did the idea that LISS is good for you come from anyway

the people who are best at LISS look terrible
>>
>>34894979
People who go to the extremes on any athletic endeavor always end up looking weird as fuck.
The only people who escape this are the freaks.
>>
>>34895011
dumb faggot

what other sports leaves you with the muscle mass of a 12 year old girl
>>
>>34895036
Chess lmao
>>
>Long distance running
>Not doing HIIT Sprints, Hill Explosions, Weighted Sprints and Rucks

Plebs.
>>
File: uglymen3.jpg (93 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
uglymen3.jpg
93 KB, 640x480
>>34895011
you fucking retard just look at them

you can point to fat powerlifters but even in powerlifting there are many guys who look healthy and strong. not in marathons
>>
>>34892708

talk about getting the runs
>>
>>34894979
>best at LISS look terrible
you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>34895044
The same can be said for marathoners you cherry picking cunt.
And your view of being a muscular as possible as the ideal is an obvious bias that clouds your judgement.

Being a world class athlete changes your body into something that is super human in performance, and is oft considered grotesque by the average person.

Get it?
>>
>>34895093
elaborate
>>
>>34895044
swimmers also tend to look dumb if they only do swimming and dont hit the gym.

many athletes who do "normal" sports extremely do not even look special/ very fit at all.

>>34895098
>and is oft considered grotesque by the average person

many athletic disciplines hit the gym to train/improve. long distance runners dont do that (too much).
the reason why many athletes look buff is that they lift to complement what they are doing (to become better at their sport or to gain advertisement value).
>>
>>34895118
>elaborate
the sports that involve long distance running favor bodies that are energy efficient, eg. thin and lean.

that has nothing to do with LISS cardio for training.
>>
File: Merga_Deriba-Ottawa10k11.jpg (94 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Merga_Deriba-Ottawa10k11.jpg
94 KB, 400x600
>>34895098
>The same can be said for marathoners you cherry picking cunt.

prove it

prove me wrong by showing me a marathon record holder or medalist who doesn't look like a fucking weak teenager

it doesn't look like you can

>And your view of being a muscular as possible as the ideal is an obvious bias that clouds your judgement.

kek. no one fucking said "muscular as possible"

marathon runners don't meet the low standard of "more muscular than a teenaged boy"

>Being a world class athlete changes your body into something that is super human in performance, and is oft considered grotesque by the average person.

yeah all those grotesque UFC fighters and football stars
>>
File: klokov32.jpg (45 KB, 599x605) Image search: [Google]
klokov32.jpg
45 KB, 599x605
marathonfags BTFO
>>
>>34895150
>many athletic disciplines hit the gym to train/improve. long distance runners dont do that (too much).
>the reason why many athletes look buff is that they lift to complement what they are doing (to become better at their sport or to gain advertisement value).

They don't "hit the gym" they do exercise that helps them perform better in their sport. Very few workout to get show muscle if it impacts their world class status.
The only one's who do that are probably pro sports stars and even then looking good is secondary to performance on the field if they don't have an advertisement contract.

I stand by my post.

>>34895188
You didn't say anything about record holders you fucking retard. You said marathoners, IE people who compete in marathons.
People who do nothing but marathons and train for them? They look like that all of the time. People who simply compete sometimes and don't make it their life? They look like the "natty overlord" scooby and sumo wrestlers.

>kek. no one fucking said "muscular as possible"
You mentioned fat powerlifters. MEANING you stupid cunt, as muscular or massive as possible, if the posts posted here are any indication.

>yeah all those grotesque UFC fighters and football stars
Yeah, a lot of football stars and ufc fighters are grotesque. But, as I said in a previous statement, the really lucky look normal while performing a high athletic function and with the correct level of drugs.
They don't just choose athletes and fighters based on their skill. They choose who is the most marketable and who can last the longest as a player.
That's it.

Get it? Olympiads and world class organizations that do not make money from sponsership don't give a shit about looks, just performance and keepin their nose clean.
>>
>>34895098
Well lets look at the other end of the spectrum, world class sprinters. Notice the healthy amount of body weight, he isn't extremely lean, but he isn't fat either, a nice balance of fat and muscle. A well developed core, legs, glutes is present. And this is not a body that I would consider grotesque. And don't even call this cherrypicking I challenge you to find one marathoner who looks even remotely as healthy and athletically capable as a sprinter.
>>
File: sprint.jpg (448 KB, 1600x1046) Image search: [Google]
sprint.jpg
448 KB, 1600x1046
>>34895366
Forgot image
>>
File: runlikehell.jpg (7 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
runlikehell.jpg
7 KB, 190x190
>>34893767
>2:12:07

Very few on /fit/ will truly appreciate how good this time actually is.
>>
File: sexlinski.jpg (752 KB, 1240x1344) Image search: [Google]
sexlinski.jpg
752 KB, 1240x1344
>>34895036
>what other sports leaves you with the muscle mass of a 12 year old girl

Distance runners are often stronger than you think.

Even when I was 127 lbs and 5% bodyfat, I was still stronger than many of the novices on /fit/.

Being low mass doesn't mean that these guys are weak. Quite the opposite. Their power to weight ratio is pretty great.
>>
File: Solinsky_Stanford2010_hulk2.jpg (4 MB, 2640x3448) Image search: [Google]
Solinsky_Stanford2010_hulk2.jpg
4 MB, 2640x3448
american 10k record holder a few years ago
>>
>>34892708
>>34893823
>>34895070
That's not puke? Why is it on the front of his body what the fuck
>>
>>34895412
whoa we just posted the same picture wtf
>>
>>34894632
So you do keto long term? Genuinely curious, how has it affected you?
>>
>>34895479
>we just posted the same picture wtf
Great minds think alike.

And being (nohomo) attracted to Chris Solinsky is nothing to be ashamed of :)
>>
>>34893039
>Excessive cardio is defined as over 15 miles a week
Jesus Christ, that's fucking nothing. High school cross country runners do that their first week.
>>
>>34895490
Yeah Solinsky is a fucking beast -- too bad he went to shit a few years ago.

I do think we're being a bit disingenuous with posting him though, because he's definitely the exception, not the rule. He has a huge frame, and the fact that he's an incredible runner is sort of an anomaly. Galen Rupp looks like a twink, for instance, and runs the same events.

Real runner I have a man-crush on is Evan Jager though. What a monster.
>>
>>34895276
>I stand by my post.
nothing wrong with it.
my point was that many sports will make your body look retarded if you do not lift (for whatever reason). and most "normal" athletes do not lift to get better at their sport.

i.e., swimmers who just swim look dumb if they swim excessively
>>
File: cierpinski_w_1980_gh_l.jpg (166 KB, 840x1144) Image search: [Google]
cierpinski_w_1980_gh_l.jpg
166 KB, 840x1144
>>34895276
>You didn't say anything about record holders you fucking retard. You said marathoners, IE people who compete in marathons.

kek. it's obvious we're talking about the best in a sport. you don't even remember what you said a few minutes ago.

>People who go to the extremes on any athletic endeavor always end up looking weird as fuck.
>go to the extremes

as well as

>Being a world class athlete changes your body into something that is super human in performance, and is oft considered grotesque by the average person.
>world class athlete

it's safe to say people who "go to the extremes" in a sport are mosty likely to be "world class athletes"

what i said was a very simple and reasonable response

>prove me wrong by showing me a marathon record holder or medalist who doesn't look like a fucking weak teenager

it's safe to say a "record holder or medalist" who will "go to the extremes" is a very simple standard for determining a "world class athlete".

you have dozens to choose from but it still looks like you can't :^)

>You mentioned fat powerlifters. MEANING you stupid cunt, as muscular or massive as possible, if the posts posted here are any indication.

more kek. bodybuilders go for "massive/muscular as possible" powerlifters, strongmen and weightlifters go for as strong as possible. the muscle mass is often a reflection of that but their goal is not "massive", it's strong. there's a reason why dan green looks less muscular than jay cutler despite being stronger

the rest of your post is powerfully dumb. you still dont seem to get it. i gave you a very low standard to meat. show me one, ONE marathon record holder or medalist who looks above auschwitzmode. there are dozens of non-record holders, non-medalists, non champions in other sports who meet that standard.

i'll stress this again: top marathon runners look terrible compared to almost any other top athlete in a different sport.

just admit you're wrong and have embarrassed yourself.
>>
>>34895371
>implying the guy got that biceps from moving his arms while running 100 m
he got it from lifting. yeah, it may improve his performance in the sport, but no everyday athlete will do biceps curls to become a better sprinter
>>
>>34893039
>Excessive cardio is defined as over 15 miles a week
/fit/ - Where everyone is a Ph.D. in crafting bullshits
>>
File: McMullen_Paul-USAOT04.jpg (37 KB, 240x359) Image search: [Google]
McMullen_Paul-USAOT04.jpg
37 KB, 240x359
>>34895538
>a bit disingenuous with posting him though, because he's definitely the exception
True dat. While we're posting exceptions, remember Paul McMullen (McMuffin). A beast.

>>34895563
>many sports will make your body look retarded
Exactly the opposite. Form follows function. The body follows a configuration that is best suited for what it does.

Nothing 'retarded' about that. Maybe if you train your body to DO something, you'll see it change some day :)

>>34895567
>i'll stress this again: top marathon runners look terrible compared to almost any other top athlete in a different sport.
As I said before, form follows function. I find the lean human body beautifully efficient.

Sorry you aren't as attracted to distance men as you are to X-Fitters :)
>>
>>34894649
>run non stop for miles and miles. That puts great strain on the heart
>run puts strain on your heart
>not the other way around
Fuck this place
>>
>>34895563
>"normal" athletes do not lift to get better at their sport.

Are you stoned?
Yeah, the average athlete does in fact do external exercise that will benefit their particular athletic endeavor.
I mean..goddamn.
That's what exercise is for. Making you better able to perform tasks and to better your life.

I mean, it's not just a way to pretty your self up or get superficially stronger just to life heavier and heavier weight.
>>
Your heart largely adapts to long-distance cardio by getting bigger and dramatically lowering your RHR. It's only in the extremes where heart problems can arise, like long triathlons and ultramarathons. And even then researchers suspect in might be related to genetics, some people just aren't capable of exercising all day every day, unfortunately you can't really predict it until your first heart attack.
>>
>>34895567
>kek. it's obvious we're talking about the best in a sport. you don't even remember what you said a few minutes ago.
YOU stated that marathoners all look like the people in your pic. You never said world class or best on the planet. I stated that the world class and really dedicated people end up with altered bodies and only the genetic freaks who operate at that level will not look like that.
People who just run the occasional marathon? They do not end up looking like that. Which was my fucking point.

>it's safe to say people who "go to the extremes" in a sport are mosty likely to be "world class athletes"
>what i said was a very simple and reasonable response
>it's safe to say a "record holder or medalist" who will "go to the extremes" is a very simple standard for determining a "world class athlete".
>you have dozens to choose from but it still looks like you can't :^)
"there are many guys in world class powerlifting who look healthy and normal"
And not a single picture was posted that day.

>>You mentioned fat powerlifters. MEANING you stupid cunt, as muscular or massive as possible, if the posts posted here are any indication.

>more kek. bodybuilders
Most high level powerlifters do in fact do everything in their power to be as big and fat as possible. It has to do with leverages and being able to clear certain heights. For someone who is championing powerlifting you seem to know fuck all about it.

>the rest of your post is powerfully dumb. you still dont seem to get it. i gave you a very low standard to meat. show me one

You're sitting there and saying that all marathon holders who are at the very peak of the game and do everything in their power to get to that level are all awful looking while keeping the bar low for a sport that you in this very fucking post prove that you know FUCK ALL about. Hell you're bringing up other sports because you know you're definitely on shakey ground with this one.

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>34895650
No, they all get heart scaring at high levels of performance unless they are an anomaly.
>>
>>34893724
Sweden yes
>>
>>34895593
>implying strong counterweight motion doesn't improve speeds
nice try noodlearms
>>
Cardio kills people brah
>>
File: kk.jpg (199 KB, 550x416) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
199 KB, 550x416
>>34895603
>YOU stated that marathoners all look like the people in your pic

you responded to a photo of weak runners with "People who go to the extremes on any athletic endeavor always end up looking weird as fuck."

and i responded to you telling you only marathoners exclusively get that shitty looking.

THATS HOW THIS DISCUSSION STARTED

we were obviously talking about the elite from the start. we were never talking about "some guys who do a marathon once in a while"

>People who just run the occasional marathon? They do not end up looking like that.

kek you're just backtracking now.

this was never your point. your point was that every sport leaves people looking as grotesque at the top end as marathoners. my point was contending with that. obviously. why else would i bring up powerlifting/UFC/football as a response? you seem retarded

i'll quote you again

again this is YOU saying it. in two posts

>People who go to the extremes
>any athletic endeavor
>world class athlete

>And not a single picture was posted that day.
you didn't ask. i gave you a name anyway but i'll give u a pic u fat retard

>Most high level powerlifters do in fact do everything in their power to be as big and fat as possible.
kek i don't even like modern powerlifting, i mentioned it because people in the sport often look bad, but even then many don't. it's mainly an abuse of one class

>Hell you're bringing up other sports because you know you're definitely on shakey ground with this one.

again

>People who go to the extremes
>any athletic endeavor
>world class athlete

YOU are the one who said all sports leave people looking like shit at the extreme end

i brought up powerlifting, BECAUSE many of them look like shit, and the sport is known for it's fat boys

and yet, i can show you more top powerlifters who look healthy and strong, than you can show marathon runners who are healthy and strong. i'm not even asking for "completely jacked", just look better than an AIDS patient
>>
>>34896149
quoted wrong guy

it's this faggg
>>34895696
your retarded btw
>>
File: faceapple.png (265 KB, 501x408) Image search: [Google]
faceapple.png
265 KB, 501x408
>>34895412
>5% bodyfat
>>
File: 1266246897_67986.jpg (28 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1266246897_67986.jpg
28 KB, 460x345
>>34895696
>haha guys most elite athletes look bad
>top marathoners look like 110lb twinks because they are ELITE
>top athletes in other sports don't really look very healthy haha
>>
>>34893451

A bit of a misconception. Among hunter gatherer tribes in modern times, high infant mortality is the main cause of life expectancy. If a baby survives through childhood, a hunter gatherer living into their sixties and seventies is actually quite common.
>>
>>34895248
he looks so short and what the fuck is wrong with his fucking legs.

digging his face though, no homo
>>
>>34895276
>They don't just choose athletes and fighters based on their skill
Oh yes, I'm sure plenty of head coaches have opted to go for the more marketable quarterback over the one who will win them more games. It's not like they want to keep their jobs anyways. That's why Michael Vick is still playing pro ball, because people like him so much.
And how would a fighter be chosen if not for their skill? The guys who win get more higher paying fights, it is 100% skill based.
You fucking dunce.
>>
>>34892708
Did he at least win the race? That's the only way that is worth it.

If that were me I'd just duck down and alley and run home, avoiding all cameras.
>>
>>34895412
i remember coming out of highschool after 4 years of track and cc and at 145 my first dead lift ever was 360lbs and the next time I tried again I got 400.

>fmw that was 6 years ago jesus christ
>>
>>34896437

UFC at least is quite open about the fact it sets matches at least partially on marketability and popularity rather than pure skill.

Skill certainly matters a hell of a lot, but if you're the greatest fighter in the world and putting on matches that sends the crowd to sleep before your opponent.... you're not getting invited back.
>>
File: oh you!.jpg (116 KB, 576x440) Image search: [Google]
oh you!.jpg
116 KB, 576x440
>>34895070
>http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/laurent-vidal-french-olympian-star-triathlete-dies-31-n460511
>>
>>34893724
Lol go figure he is swedish, probably looking down at his brown legs made him feel invigorated.
>>
>>34896149
>you responded
Yeah, and they do. Top athletets in any sport look like they are built specifically for that sport and oft look weird unless they are genetic freaks or are conscious enough about how their body looks.
Dude in your pick? Does bodybuilding type shit as well and still would be considred odd looking to the average non lifter. Hell he's even sucking in his gut and flexing hard core.
By the way, you're STILL cherry picking. Want me to post all of the strong as shit butterballs and rippletoe? Or are you going to continue to be a disengenuous faggot.

>kek you're just backtracking now.
>this was never your point. your point was that "every sport leaves people looking as grotesque at the top end as marathoners"
My point was that people in the top level of sports look wierd. You're the unbelievable retard who took that as ALL ATHLETICS MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE TOP LEVEL MARATHONERS.
You have no fucking point.
You just stated that you're a goddamned idiot and knows fuck all about athletics beyond what bullshit you pick up from these fucktards and what you can google in five minutes.

>kek i don't even like modern powerlifting, i mentioned it because people in the sport often look bad, but even then many don't. it's mainly an abuse of one class
Now who's backtracking.

>YOU are the one who said all sports leave people looking like shit at the extreme end
>i brought up powerlifting, BECAUSE many of them look like shit, and the sport is known for it's fat boys
>and yet, i can show you more top powerlifters who look healthy and strong, than you can show marathon runners who are healthy and strong. i'm not even asking for "completely jacked", just look better than an AIDS patient

>>34895412
This guy right here. He's a top level marathoner.

You see your entire bitch fit was too leap in and whiteknight powerlifting then backtrack like a motherfucker when you outed yourself as being a dumbfuck who knew fuck all about any athletic endeavor.
>>
>>34896437
>Oh yes, I'm sure plenty of head coaches have opted to go for the more marketable quarterback over the one who will win them more games.

Yes stupid. They fucking will!
They will hire guys based on their ability to put people in the seats and sell merch.
The ability to win games is nice, awesome as a matter of fact.
Every team in the NBA will trade their entire starting line up and hundreds of millions for a player that is considered by everyone to be Micheal Jordan 2.0.

Do you get it?
I don't even fucking get how you can be this fucking stupid. Skill in major sports means FUCK ALL compared to how many people you can get into the game, can get into the seats, can get on their side.
I mean, goddamn.
Think that soccer team will trade off a prime beckham for a fuck ugly nobody who is in all ways his superior on the soccer field?
Bitch you must be crazy.
>>
File: greennorris.jpg (472 KB, 627x640) Image search: [Google]
greennorris.jpg
472 KB, 627x640
>>34896510
kek cherry picking what? i never said it was everyone looks like konstantinovs

rippetoe hasn't competed in over two decades. he's not an athlete kek. you're getting desperate

pic of some very attractive powerlifters btw

>My point was that people in the top level of sports look wierd.
this wasn't your point in your last post

i'll take that as you admitting that the discussion was never about "People who just run the occasional marathon"

>You're the unbelievable retard who took that as ALL ATHLETICS MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE TOP LEVEL MARATHONERS.

not even close. it seems you have trouble reading the more i prove you wrong.

>People who go to the extremes on any athletic endeavor always end up looking weird as fuck.

i interpreted this perfectly and responded to it perfectly. i'll do it again, very simply and slowly for you

elite marathoners look like weak shits. they look like weaks shit because marathons are shit, and going to the extreme end of an already ridiculous sport gives them a terribly unhealthy physique. most other sports don't leave an athlete's body as degraded and unhealthy as marathoning does

>Now who's backtracking.
no. this is what i said when i FIRST mentioned powerlifters

>you can point to fat powerlifters but even in powerlifting there are many guys who look healthy and strong. not in marathons

what do you think the "but even" indicated friendo :^)

>This guy right here. He's a top level marathoner.

kekkles you're accusing ME of knowing fuck all about athletics while you're holding up a guy who does the 10K as an example of a top level marathoner (i googled him in five minutes btw, maybe you should try it. or you could look at the post immediately below it. :^))

quit while you're behind. this is just getting embarrassing
>>
>>34893164
>the most ancient form of hunting is literally running down prey after miles.
Urban legend. Think about it logically, it would be a huge, HUGE drain on energy.

>Go hunting
>Burn hundreds of calories running after an animal
>Burn hundreds more killing the animal and carrying it home
>Get a few hundred calories out of the meat (wild animals don't have much fat - average is 5% bf for them)
>net loss: several hundreds of calories

Enjoy your starvation.
>>
File: nick_young_confused_face_1_.jpg (31 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
nick_young_confused_face_1_.jpg
31 KB, 505x431
So is walking an hour a day ok, or am I killing myself?
>>
>>34896746
>kek cherry picking what? i never said it was everyone looks like konstantinovs
They say while posting more cherry picked photos. And you even backpeddle and squeal NO I'M NOT SAYING THEY ALL LOOK LIKE KK LOOK AT THESE BODYBUILDER GUYS WHO POWERLIFT ON THE SIDE THAT I GOOGLED UP!
You're fucking pathetic.

My overall point this entire damned time you idiot is that people who push themselves to superhuman levels of athletic potential are harming themselves and shortening their lives unless they are a genetic freak, or know what the fuck they are doing.
My second point was that people who push themselves to world class superhuman levels of athletic ability always look wierd and oft times grotesque to the average person.

You respond by leaping out of the wood work like a faggot and posting handpicked marathon runners and saying ONLY MARATHON RUNNERS LOOK BAD AND POWERLIFTERS AINT FAT.
I then say, you clearly have a bias towards more muscular physiques. Which you promptly denied and from every damned post you've posted since then..you've only gone on to prove me completely right.

You're just some fat powerlifter loser who thinks geared up dudes with better genes for your particular sport and more muscle mass and strength then you are better then geared up dudes with better genes for their particular sport and better endurance then you.
Which..is stupid.

They actually do. You're just a stupid fuck who's entire athletic background is doing bitch mode powerlifting and that's it.
All athleticism when taken too far will leave it's mark. I don't even know what the fuck you're saying anymore.
>>
>>34896922
>no. this is what i said when i FIRST mentioned powerlifters
>>34895044
You mean here?

Where you basically said that high level guys may look like shit but these guys who aren't high level world class guys don't look like that at all then proceeded to post cherry picked guys over and over again.

>kekkles
Dude, i'm just going to be honest with you. You've pretty much outed yourself as some powerlifting fat ass who knows dick about any of the sports you're talking about nor does any kind of exercise or experience and kind of athletics outside of going to a gym and lifting heavy shit for 45 minutes 3 days a week.

You're some dumbass shill who leaped in to protect the honor of geared up powerlifters everywhere.
You've been here this entire damned time arguing that marathoners don't look like built powerlifters so they are unhealthy. Which is retarded.
>>
>>34896922
>>34896935
kek

alright you got me

kekekek

im a fat powerlifter and i have no experience in anything else

kek

and in all these posts

you still havent posted a pic of an elite marathoner who looks better than an AIDS patient

that's all you have to do win this argument :^)

this isn't going anywhere. i am significantly more intelligent than you and there's no way for you to comprehend what i'm saying no matter how many times i prove you wrong
>>
File: kara-port.jpg (55 KB, 268x350) Image search: [Google]
kara-port.jpg
55 KB, 268x350
>>34897004
Yeah, it's obvious what you you were about the moment you started posting.

Here you go.
>>
File: dean-karnazes.jpg (52 KB, 360x496) Image search: [Google]
dean-karnazes.jpg
52 KB, 360x496
>>34897082
And another.
>>
File: 06.jpg (28 KB, 380x319) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
28 KB, 380x319
>>34897096
Here's a pic of Jim Wendler, by all rights one of the strongest men on the entire planet, an actual elite powerlifter.
>>
>>34897107

That's kind of stretching it with Wendler. He was strong as shit, but never more than a field filler in big competitions - dude was barely top 100 in his super-specific division, let alone one of the strongest overall.
>>
>>34897082
>>
File: tnf-dean.jpg (71 KB, 500x764) Image search: [Google]
tnf-dean.jpg
71 KB, 500x764
>>34897096
>>
>>34897139
>>
File: MG_4361.jpg (220 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
MG_4361.jpg
220 KB, 800x533
>>34897165
>>
>>34897133
>>34897139
Ah, you posted pics of them in the most unflattering light and in the middle of a grueling competition.
The exact opposite of what you've done with your pics.

Good on you.

>>34897121
I reiterate. One of the strongest men on the planet an an actual elite lifter.

I can post more off season out of shape guys and on season horribly out of shape guys if you all want.
I can start posting the bodybuilders/powerlifters who died in their 40s from heart attacks and the like.
Want that? Cause I can do this shit all night and I can garauntee you I know a lot more about the negatives of what the powerlifters, bodybuilders, and ultra marathoners then you.
>>
>>34896775
>>Get a few hundred calories out of the meat (wild animals don't have much fat - average is 5% bf for them)

A few hundred? There can be that much in one single chicken breast. In an actual large animal there's at LEAST several thousand calories, retard.
>>
CARDIO LITERALLY KILLED HIS GAINS !
>>
>>34897224
yeah but you have to share it with your 8 kids and 3 wives
>>
>ITT: Knobheads judging the body type of elite level athletes and using it as an excuse to not do 10 minutes of HIIT 3 times a week
>>
it's incredible how delusional long distance runners are
>I'm stronger than most people
>don't judge me because I'm a hungry skeleton
literally the same as SS keks
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 192x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 192x144
>>34897592
>>
>>34894979
Getting small as fuck and having extreme weekly running loads are two things that provide a competitive advantage to endurance athletes that are completely unnecessary for people who engage in endurance exercise for health or fun.
>>
>>34896444
He didn't win that race. He kept running because he would have seen it as a personal failure to stop - he took to heart the lesson from his trainers that quitting once would make it easier to quit again.

He was pretty young then. He's improved his half by about 7 minutes now, and in 2014 set the Swedish men's half marathon record with 1:02:29 at the IAAF World Half Marathon Championships.
>>
>>34895611

Miles and miles being key to that statement you dullard.

Running medium distance regularly is a good way to strengthen the heart but if you're running marathons regularly and racking up 100+ miles a week in training is probably going to damage and scar your heart because you're placing it under such great strain.
>>
>>34892659
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrophic_cardiomyopathy
Eat shit, it's just bad genetics.
>>
>>34892988
>Of the ones still lifting heavy, none of them are high level.
>And the few that are just have the right combination of genes to survive the excessive drug and workout regimine.
what if you train as a powerlifter, are natty and make sure to not fuck your macros up to leave your heart swimming in grease? Am I shortening my life by doing this?
>>
File: dean-karnazes.jpg (113 KB, 420x316) Image search: [Google]
dean-karnazes.jpg
113 KB, 420x316
You never have this god tier vascularity
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.