[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long do you stay on strong lifts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1283913549619.png (358 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1283913549619.png
358 KB, 1920x1080
Hey fellow fitizens.

How long do you stay on strong lifts?

I'm guessing until you stop making progress despite repeatedly deloading perhaps.
>>
you dont get on stronglifts if you're smart

stronglifts is the retarded gypsy version of starting strength

if you're smart you'll read starting strength and do what the book says. most people aren't that intelligent though
>>
I would do a few months until you start stalling excessively. If you are stalling at pussy weight then I would continue with SL. I did SL until I could bench 1pl8 then I switched to a hypertrophy routine. It took me about 4 months. Keep in mind I started from being able to barely bench the bar lol. Adjust your goals to your body, everyone is different.
>>
Until you can no longer maintain linear progression after two deloads.

Ask this kind of shit in the QTDDTOT next time.
>>
>>34891943
Will "buy" that book for my eReader, to see what it's all about.

Probably create a PDF/EPUB version of the Sticky aswell.
>>
>>34891907
Yes you stay on until you can't progress the squat anymore after 2 deloads

Do Madcow next
>>
>>34891964

Define "pussy weight"

Shouldn't this be relative to your current bodyweight. Like a 1.5xbw squat or something
>>
>>34891981

Yeah was considering Madcow.

Looking to increase my vertical jump & long jump though. Squats & deadlifts have helped.

Noticed a lot of oly lifters with ridiculous floating jumps too.
>>
>>34892001
>increase my vertical jump & long jump though

that's what power cleans do best
>>
>>34892104

I did madcows and my vertical jump didn't increase
>>
>>34891995
No, that's dumb and goes out the window quickly if you're over like 5'8.

Just stay on it until you stop progressing, but as mentioned earlier I would almost definitely do SS correctly instead of SL.
>>
>>34891907
>How long do you stay on strong lifts?

do SS instead
>>
>>34891964
are you a grill
>>
>>34892248
>>34892278

Why is SS better than SL?
>>
im on it right now. 2 1/2 mos in with 2 accessories to each workout. 5'7 155lbs

all these are reps: bench: 150 squat: 175 deloaded massively to fix form, diddys: 230 rows: 125 ohp: 95

im gonna switch to PPL or Tex when im repping 185 bench and 225 squat.

its a great program to teach you how important form is on compounds. set a goal for when you should switch. SL is great for what its intended to do.
>>
>>34892304

because the program is stronger and made by someone who thought about it.

SL is made by a marketer.

SS begins with you just doing Deads, then you switch and add Power cleans; then it has accessories, and and has a planned progression. also has the better plan for number of sets

pendlay rows should at most be an accessory and will not build mass like the program outlined by rippetoe in SS and practical programming

then after SS you slide into texas method.
>>
File: mehdi.jpg (6 KB, 180x212) Image search: [Google]
mehdi.jpg
6 KB, 180x212
>>34892304
because it was designed by several people with years of experience in weightlifting

stronglifts was designed by a scheming gypsy whose max bench after 15 years of lifting is only 250lbs
>>
>>34891907
>benching and squatting lmao3pl8s
>deadlifting 1pl8

shiggy
>>
>>34891907

For fuck's sake, OP

http://stronglifts.com/5x5/#How_long_should_I_do_StrongLifts_52155
>>
>>34891943
What is the difference? Isnt 5c5 more effective for hypertrophy and strength?

I won't do any cleans because Im too dumb to get the technique correctly down and I dont want to fuck up my joints.

Can you elaborate?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.