[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: the mountain.jpg (55 KB, 563x375) Image search: [Google]
the mountain.jpg
55 KB, 563x375
QTDDTOT (Questions that don't deserve their own thread)
>>
Is ICF just stronglifts with a few accessory excercises thrown in?
>>
>>34890660
Can an ACL tear stop growth in the leg with the broken ACL? A 17 year old friend of mine tore his ACL and mendial menisicus and im wondering how this will affect him.
>>
What constitutes a "High test" girl and why?
>>
>>34890660
Did they?
>>
>>34890728
Probably, She divorced her husband in 2013. I also think she banged Oberyn since there are pictures of them hanging out.
>>
Is it possible to look nicer, if slightly, by improving my routine and making progress on it, without bulking or cutting?
>>
What's the point of taking creatine exactly?
I do feel stronger and lift heavier when taking it, also retain more water, but lose the str gains when I stop taking it.. So what's the point xactly?
>>
What muscle(s) do I need to work on to throw a football further?
>>
>>34890812
Yep.
Some call it leangains, I call it not putting much effort in monitoring what I eat.

Consistency in hitting the gym, progressive overload, trackkeeping of weights used and reps etc does a LOT already.

Start with compound movements, perfect form, increase weight bit by bit, finish off with some assistance work. gym 3-4 times a week
>>
>>34890838
The point is you don't stop taking it. There are no negative side effects.
>>
>>34890856
Everything, but probably tricep, obliques/core , lats in particular
>>
Had an accident, quad/knee tendon fucked up, leg in stabilizer for ~5 weeks (3 more to go). After not bending my knee for over a month, how do I get back to squatting?
>>
>>34890685
yes; that is actually precisely what it is
>>
>>34890660
>Questions that don't deserve their own thread
Why did the manlet thread die faster than unicorns?
>>
>>34890685
yea
>>
>>34890884
ask doctors if it's safe for you to start.
Start all over with babbyweights and perfect form
>>
>>34890838
whats the point of showering exactly?
i do feel cleaner and smell better when taking it, also retain better hygiene, but i become a shit when i stop showering... So whats the point xactly?
>>
>>34890838
You do not lose strength gains when you stop taking creatine. Creatine improves recovery capacity, you're never going to set a one rep max on creatine that you couldn't off of it, not unless the placebo effect helps you.
>>
>>34890902
OK, but how do I deal with the fact that my right leg probably lost like 10% of its strength, while left is basically newborn? Don't care and just do normal squats with focus on form?
>>
>>34890812
The big thing is that it's hard to put on muscle if you're sub 15-17% body fat (a perfectly healthy body fat percentage, the one sports medicine recommends for any athlete that doesn't have to make a weight requirement). If you're fine with staying around that body fat, it's completely possible to build muscle without adding any more fat.

Bulking and cutting is something you need to do if you're a body builder, and need to go into a show with sub 10% body fat.

>>34890856
Everything around the hips. Throws start at the ground.
>>
fatty question: does anything make it easier to look at myself in the mirror, ive lost 10 lbs and still feel like i have the same body
>>
>>34890965
Yes, exactly. Using your legs together like that is what will force your left leg to catch up to your right, so long as you don't allow the imbalance to fuck up your form.
>>
>>34890965
Have to do unilateral work mostly from now on.
You're going to end up with one side being dominant until you really bust ass to correct your form.
That leg is NEVER going to be the same so you're just going to have to readjust and figure out how to go about doing everything now.

By the way, when doing unilateral leg work only do as many reps as your weakest leg. It defeats the purpose.
>>
>>34890980
Alright then, thanks bro! I'll ask my doctor the next time I see him, I'll probably need some rehabilitation anyway, so they'll tell me what's what. Right now I feel like killing myself, all it takes is one dumb fucker who can't see me on my bike and it's game over, all gains lost, a month in fucking bed and many months ahead to even fucking walk normally.
>>
>>34891000
>That leg is NEVER going to be the same
OK, so maybe I'll cut my wrists after all.
>>
>>34890978
Pretend the lbs are ninjas. the next 10 with fight with first 10 and it will be epic. Then it will show, No worries.
>>
>>34891029
Fuck that guy. The leg will be good after a while. just keep working on it. sinc, med student
>>
I can't fucking get past 245lb bench.

My form is good, my eating is fine. I just can't fucking increase the weight!

I mean if I don't touch the chest and only go 90degrees I can add weight but for some fucking reason I can't touch my chest when I get to 245.
>>
>>34891184
What kind of program are you running.

Also, in all likelihood your form is either not good enough or your eating is not fine enough
>>
I've been diddly lifting with my non-dominant hand facing outward, someone told me this is the wrong way to do it, is he wrong?
>>
>>34891223
if I had to choose it'd be eating not enough. I'm real bad at that so it's most likely that.

it's a push/pull with a heavy session followed by a light session alternating.
>>
>>34891236
If you use a mixed grip you should vary which hand you supinate from set to set in order to prevent developing imbalances.
>>
>>34891184
I like to vary my rep range from session to session. E.g. for a while I might do 10s, 8s and 6s respectively for 3 successive sessions. When this "cycle" start over I'll almost always be able to beat my previous 10RM, and then next session I'll aim to beat my 8RM and so on.
In reality my 1RM (which I'm not testing) probably only goes up a tiny bit every once in a while, but as long as I keep setting PRs every session I know I'm moving forward. Suddenly I'm doing 10 reps with what used to be my 6RM.
>>
>>34890660
Would it be alright to eat at a caloric deficit if I want to strengthen my rotator cuff muscles after a shoulder injury, or should I stay at maintenance?
I've been out of the gym for a few months, and I want to lose some inactivity fat gains before bulking again.
>>
>>34891319
well fuck you.

Nah but seriously I do that as well. I have a light session week then a heavy session week. I'm just so use to adding weight to the bar it fucks me over mentally when I don't.

I can rep 240lbs..yet 245 is almost impossible.
>>
I've been experiencing groin/hip abductor area pain once I reach parallel and beyond in my squat. Only occurs around shoulder width and wider. I notice this especially when I'm squatting without weight. With weight on it kinda just fades away once I'm halfway through my warmup. Then comes back a while after lifting.

Any advice on what to do? Doctors and shit here are fucking garbage and don't do anything to help at all unless you come to them with an idea of what the problem is
>>
>>34890713
The 'test' seems to be testosterone, but I can't tell if they're saying the girls they post have higher than average testosterone levels for females, or if that's the type of girl men with high test are attracted to.
>>
>>34891726
The latter, its a strange trend on a board with a high concentration of gay men tough...
>>
>>34891726
There was a 'study' posted a while back that guys with higher test are attracted to those type of girls (in the loosest sense of the word, it's like pol reading a genetics study to say all niggers are apes) and now 'high test' is a constant front page spam thread full of fat chicks.
>>
File: 49f.png (216 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
49f.png
216 KB, 500x331
What do you guys think about Arnold's Blueprint to Mass? Is it a decent routine for hypertrophy and endurance or is it just a meme bb.com program?

Thinking of taking a short break from powerlifting (2-3 months) and running a bodybuilding routine. Already done 2 days of the arnold routine and it seems pretty fun, gives you a great pump but I'm not sure if it'll actually do anything other than that.

Also, for those that have done it, how do you treat the 12, 10, 8, 6, and the 8, 6, 4, 2 sets? Do you just use the same weight for all of them or do you increase the weight? I feel like if I choose a heavy enough weight for my 12 reps hitting the next sets at 10,8,6 is hard enough without increasing the weight.
>>
It's normally very important to get protein or at least BCAAs before training when intermittent fasting.

Is this only an issue when cutting with IF? Do I have to worry about muscle loss when working out on empty stomach, if I'm bulking?
>>
>>34891900
yes
>>
What are some average stats of someone lifting for about a month?, started of fat and I feel like im progressing way too slowly.
>>
What is a good PHUL routine. I only found this one.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
>>
>squatting two weeks ago
>shit form due to back pain, hurt my tailbone
>rest for two weeks, try squatting today
>instant tailbone pain

what do i even do now
>>
Is my beginner routine good?

A
DB bench press 5x5
Chinups 3xf
BB rows 3x5
rear delt flyes 3x8
shrugs 3x8
bb curls 3x8
(Plank + side plank) x2

B
Squat 5x5
DL 1x5
OHP 5x5
Close grip bench press 3x8
Crunches

ABxABxx
>>
>>34892024
PHUL is the name of the routine dog.

What you're looking for is called an upper/lower split. Check out candito's 6 week routine or PHAT
>>
>>34892034
You either switch to bulg split squats, go machines only, or take break.

I've been dealing with back pain for half a year from ONE mistake during a deadlift. Don't push it.
>>
>>34892034
become the god of pullups
>>
File: 1447260088477.jpg (34 KB, 403x644) Image search: [Google]
1447260088477.jpg
34 KB, 403x644
What is a good routine for my gf that mostly trains her ass? I saw here a routine like that. Something with ass workout 2.0 or something like that. Does somebody know it?
>>
>>34891984
more than one month ago
we're all different and the difference is even bigger for beginners depending on general lifestyle
>>34892034
rest more try with extra light weight and look up for some injury
>>34892035
do all your 5x5 in 3x5
do failure sets after normal sets i.e. rows before chins or do some decided reps on chins
shrugs are useless for beginneers
your days look imbalanced
>>
>>34892054
Oh okay I saw that people talked about it and had different exercises. What are some good changes on that phul workout?
>>
>>34892068
ss with hipthrusts or just hiit and general cardio with hip thrusts
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (26 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
26 KB, 1280x720
Would you say Zyzz's body (or at least his BF% and lean mass combination) in his simplyshredded video achievable natty for someone who is 5'10??
I want to believe so much.It has been my goal body since the day a saw the vid.
>>
>>34892087
She won't do ss with deadlift and bench. She just wants squats and other casual exercises.
>>
>>34892064
been doing machines only, not sure how long i will need to recover. any guesses. it doesn't affect me on any other lift but squats.
>>
>>34892097
no
>>34892113
maybe try doing ss with hipthrusts and changing upper body lifts with calisthenics? DL is very good for your ass it would be retarded to no do it or maybe do a variation, SLDL or RDL
>>
>>34892113
>no bench
>she doesnt want toned shoulders, arms and chest

>no deadlift
>she doesnt want a leg exercise that will also make her back more toned and give her actual forearms
>>
File: 1439198763069.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1439198763069.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
What are some respect-deserving stats for a 130lbs? I'm a insecure boy.
>>
How am I doing?

5'6
165 lbs

Bench: 180
DL: 245
Squat: 315

I've been training for about two months now.
>>
how do i bulk without dairy? will eating oats nuts eggs mainly kill me?
>>
>>34892148
>Squat higher than DL

Your deadlift form is shit
>>
>>34892148
WTF, m8
why is your squat higher than your deads? do you squat sumo stance or something?
>>
>>34892143
>implying anyone who weighs 130lbs deserves respect
>>
>>34892134
foreamrs are considered a masculine figure
she should just use straps if that just forearms the problem
>>34892149
no what about regular meat though?
bulk on rice noodle and beans
>>
>>34892153
Really? I know I can lift more, it's a matter of grip strength. My hands are small.
>>
>>34892162
usually means he isnt going deep enough in his squat.
>>
>>34892143
I would like to respect you. You wear collars? Naughty?
>>
File: 1445603232786.jpg (150 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1445603232786.jpg
150 KB, 500x475
>>34892173
Yeah, and I'm pretty sure you can deadlift 661lbs at your weight
>>
>>34892174
few times a week some chicken breasts.
>>
>>34892191
powerlifters actually squat more than they deadlift, like kirk kowalski who squatted 1000x2 and only deadlifted 761x1, I think it is because of the wider stance
>>
is there any reason for me to do pull ups instead of chin ups?

i don't really train biceps at all, so when i swap out chins for pull ups, i feel like my biceps are lacking. (i don't really feel bent over hos in my biceps)

is there any reason weighted pull ups are preferable to weighted chin ups?

i always did both because i felt like alternating between the two can only be more balanced (why not be as well-rounded as possible) but now i am wondering if i should add in some sets of curls, or just switch to chins exclusively.

i still feel chin ups in my lats super hard so.... no reason not to, right? (i mean i know supinated grip on a straight bar is bad for your elbows, but i can just bend my pull up bar a little, right?)
>>
>>34892243
also, is there any reason to purchase a weight belt, instead of just holding onto heavy-ass dumbbells with my legs?
>>
>>34892234
that's pretty much only in the SHW class or equipped lifting
otherwise they deadlift more
>>
>>34892148
You dont squat deep.enough
>>
>>34892243
only if you want a heavier lat targeting, chins have a longer range of motion and work a bigger muscle area, and they feel cooler. i like doing them at shoulder width
>>
>>34892256
Easier and more comfortable than to hold with your legs.

Also really difficult if you become one of those guys doing pullups and dips with 60kg or more.
>>
>>34892243
pullups will make your forearms bigger
if you want to look like a bber do chins if you want to look like a strongman do pullups
implying you'll ever see the difference though
>>34892256
to be able to increment the weight by 1 kg you need a belt it's way easier to use too
>>
kinda fucked up my right knee and ankle while hiking about a week ago. I've squatted on it a few times since then and it hasn't caused me any trouble but I was kinda expecting it to feel better by now.

Should I carry on squatting? De-load and work on my front squat? Or just take a week off squatting and hope it feels better?
>>
>>34892342
Time off usually my go to resort
>>
How much should I walk for weight loss? I'm doing resistance training as well as walking two miles a day (19-20 minute miles). My nutrition is on point (calories restricted to 1900 a day and I'm 270lbs, counting/weighing correctly etc...).

The issue is that I am not seeing weight loss results. I'm losing maybe a half pound a week despite being at what should be a 1200 calorie per day or so deficit. I have tried cutting calories back more, but it makes me feel very lethargic and not able to complete my exercises.

More Info
1. I don''t think it is water retention as the fluid level tests come back just under normal (though I do drink a lot of water)
2. The food I eat is clean, none of that IIFYM shit
3. I am not on any medications or supplements (I dabbled with ephedrine and clen, neither seemed to do much for me)
>>
>>34892342
This. do it till no more funky feeling.
>>
I'm on a bulk, have gained 10lbs in 5 months (slow bulk), but my lifts have hardly progressed even though I'm seeing some new muscles.

What the fuck?
>>
>>34892391
>>34892356
>>34892391
this is what i meant.
>>
BEST WAY TO TRAIN GRIP? my grip is failing my deadlifts
>>
>>34892434
Farmers walks.
Farmers walks.
>>
>>34892434
Wrap a bar in something to make it thicker, and just hang from it as long as you can.
>>
>>34892434
I've started doing this thing where at the end of my workouts with deadlifts I hang with one hand from a bar/pullup bar for 15 seconds and then switch hands without dropping to the ground. And repeat this a few times. Combines with spine decompression.

I started doing this a while back. Didn't have any grip issues then and neither do I now. Can't assure you whether or not it works but hey, at least now the idea is out there
>>
>>34892390

I started at 6' 270 and I'm down to 250 in 6 weeks doing SL 3x a week and 3x a week of 1hr elliptical going hard with a diet of 2k-2.3k a day.
>>
File: cold-hands-veena-waziri.jpg (58 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
cold-hands-veena-waziri.jpg
58 KB, 600x450
is it normal for your hands and feet to be cold when losing weight?

they're nice and warm if I eat at maintenance but at my current ~1000 kcal deficit they get fucking corpse-like
>>
How can I stop farting monster farts 24/7

This didnt happen before I started lifting.
>>
>>34892486

Do you think I might some hormone imbalance or something? I'm holding onto fat like crazy. I am thinking of incorporating recumbent bike exercise into my routine since I can do it for much longer and get my heart beating much faster with it.
>>
>>34890660

Is push pull legs supposed to be like

PPL rest PPL rest

or

PPLPPLrestPPLPPLrest

In the second version you actually go throught cycle 2 times in one week, while in the first one not.
>>
>>34892097
Yes, it'll take a long time though
>>
>>34892500

My feet are killing me cold wise and I'm on a 1k deficit too bro, never thought about it
>>
If i don't eat enough protein in my cut, am i going to lose muscle?
>>
>>34892540
same thing, up to your preference/which day you prefer missing.
>>
>>34892586

You actually miss 1 day - leg day in first one (if you look at 2 week time)

Firs one:
PPLXPPLXPPLXPP

Second one:
PPLPPLXPPLPPLX

You get the full benefit.
>>
>>34892611
...okay but why are you looking at it with 2 weeks time? your body doesn't restrict itself to progress made in one week increments, that day isn't wasted
>>
>>34892690

Ok thanks
>>
Why is tuna salty?

the actual tuna is bland but the water is salty

do they add salt to the water?

should I be draining the tuna?
>>
I'm looking at starting my free weights training with the Stronglift 5x5 program. My core is very weak so I'm worried that won't be trained enough just through that program. I'd also like to run a couple times a week to keep up my cardio. They talk about not doing exercises to failure, but I thought that was how you gained more muscle. Any advice guys?
>>
>>34892540
the more frequency the better, three days is enough, you won't need any rest days
>>
>>34892434
weighted dead hangs
farmer's carry
>>
>>34892827
>buy tuna in brine
>ask why it's salty

Get an IQ test.
>>
>>34892845

So the first one is okay?
>>
>>34892902
I thought it was just water
>>
>>34891476
bumping this question
>>
>>34892921
why are you still here? go, connect the exhaust to your seat and close the door
>>
>>34891747
...opposite.
>>
>>34892944
what does that do
>>
>>34892921
check the tin.
>>
>>34892963
go find out.
make sure the car is running
>>
How do I keep the bar straight when I'm over head pressing? Also, how do I move the bar diagonally when I'm benching?
>>
File: dat booty butt.jpg (96 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
dat booty butt.jpg
96 KB, 900x900
>>34891747
>not liking men and high test bitches
breh..
>>
File: ffffffiiitttttt.png (330 KB, 644x416) Image search: [Google]
ffffffiiitttttt.png
330 KB, 644x416
good routine with proper volume, reps, sets, and all that shit for natty who can train only 2 times a week? been lifting for 2 years, mostly stronglifts and upper/lower split

any recomendations?
>>
Does not training legs have an effect on upperbody size?
>>
>>34893002
well only twice a week just pick a fullbody, and add as much volume as you can without it affecting your lifts.

shit isn't rocket science. if you have been lifting 2 years, you should know more than nothing about what to do.

>>34893004
no
>>
Quick.

I woke up an old elbow injury two day ago and I made it worse today while training triceps.

I swear that I'm not gonna take a break for this. Are there exercices, medicines, stretches, tips, anythhing that wil help me to cure that elbow.
It's an inside pain not a bone or a muscular problem. It's not even pain to be honest, I just feel something when I train, especially triceps.
>>
>>34892992
the focus should be about bringing the bar/dumbbells to just below the pecs for bench

the line doesnt have to be strict diagonal, it naturally curves to over your pecs. as long as you bring it down to just below the pecs youre doing fine

for your press, just keep the elbows in and make sure your grip is right, it changes a lot. google it
>>
>>34892179
My hands are small.
Not the only thing that's small.
Wait.
--- T-that sounded painful, even for me.
>>
>>34892833
going failure makes you tired af
you can add some abs at the end of your workout if you want and un on rest days just eat , stretch and rest accodrdingly
also SS>SL
>>
how do i deal with overtraining on a cut?

it seems now matter how much i reduce my volume, or increase my rest days, my fucking muscles will not recuperate.

i even went on a split and while it helped, my shit is still suffering.

should i just keep lifting these shitty lifts, not allowing my muscles to fully recuperate, or should i only work out every other day?
>>
>>34893089
cut less
how is that even a question?
>>
>>34893129
>make your cut take fucking forever instead of a few weeks
yeah... no thanks
>>
File: 1445125603412.jpg (376 KB, 800x823) Image search: [Google]
1445125603412.jpg
376 KB, 800x823
>>34892525
i have this question too?
wat do?
>>
>>34892525
could be that you are eating more protein than your body can handle.

did you fall for the 1g/lb meme?
>>
>>34890660
do i pour in protein powder first and then water or vice versa into the shaker?
>>
are sqats and deads enough for legs if you are natty? i dont see them lagging, actually they are big and strong but what about health of joints, hamstrings and other shit i dont know?
>>
Currently doing accessories to help with other lifts on off days.

I want bigger biceps so im doing Hammer Curls. Are those ok? Or are there better alternatives.

I'm also doing Tri exercises, but unsure of what are the best. Should I be doing dips or are tri cable pulldowns good on their own?
>>
>>34893179
water first is what i do.

>>34893192
squats are the #1 leg exercise.

if you go just a little tiny bit wide, and point your toes out you work more of the adductor thingies (or abductors, i forget 2bh)

but if you want a bubble butt you should consider adding some hip thrusts type exercises.
>>
>>34893179
water/milk first
i do water then powder then more water
>>
>>34893217
supinated curls target biceps better than hammer curls

hammer curls are for people with tendon issues, or who want to use retarded exercises to build forearms.

lying triceps extensions is one of the best tricep workouts you can do.
basically skullcrushers, but with a larger ROM
>>
>>34893179
powder first master race reporting in.
how is this a question that doesn't deserve it's own thread? make one brah.
>>
>>34893222
i got better butt than most girls i know so thats not the case
i wonder is deadlift enough for hamstrings cuz a lot people say you ust do leg curls or glute ham raises for them, is that true?
>>
>>34893217
OHP and bench should be enough for most people's triceps.
>>
>>34893245
squat is going to hit your hamstrings more.

and again, it will be sufficient.

if you want to add in hamstring accessories, feel free, but realize they are not necessary.
>>
>>34893247
cant do ohp due to lower back injury, but I do bench, I just want bigger tris to help more with benching

>>34893235
thank you, ill try those out
>>
>>34893056
I would rather do SS, but I have about 0 prior experience and can get more help with the lifts from SL since they aren't as scary to my friends (they think power cleans are only for built dudes). Then again these guys think crossfit is good and want to lift a lot for an hour on some split thing. I want the best results I can get so I'm cool with not working out with them, but I don't want to screw up too much on my form starting out untrained so I can improve as much as I can.
>>
>>34893270
do ss without PC then
at least do 3x5
be sure your freiends really know the form before listening to their adivse
>>
>>34893263
thanks bra:*
>>
why is 3x5 better than 5x5 in beginner programs?
>>
>>34893313
allows you to lift heavier, but I wouldnt say 3x5 is BETTER than 5x5
>>
i can't even do a bodyweight squat cause im TOO stiff
i started doing the stretches on the sticky today
how long till i can start doing squats?
>>
>>34893334
Keep doing squats, do the exercise often to start activating those muscles. Just keep doing them until you get it right
>>
>>34891184
increase volume
bench twice a week, maybe three as long as you have plenty of rest
one day high volume, one day maintenance. is what took my bench into the three plate range+
>>
>>34892525
Get your own website. that shit is gold!
>>
>>34890660

Ok, how on Earth does Hafthor Bjornsson weigh 400 pounds? His pics he doesn't even look all that built, I woulda guessed well under 300... is he body weight frauding?
>>
>>34892574
yess.
>>
File: 1348885048855 (1).jpg (34 KB, 500x747) Image search: [Google]
1348885048855 (1).jpg
34 KB, 500x747
Guys, i'm having motivation issues with LIFTING. I was a fat fuck, I did cardio for 5 months and had 0 motivation issues, and when i started lifting (doing SS) about 4 months in now and I just don't care. I never lifted for girls I lifted for myself, and to be healthy, and I liked seeing results. I still lift but im extremely bored . Any suggestions?
>>
why does protein get destroyed in whey if you warm it up, but in eggs and chicken it's fine?
>>
>>34893355
Force yourself to go, change your routine, eat more
>>
>>34893377
I'm 6'0 and I weight 190. I'm concerned that If i eat more I will regain the fat
>>
>>34893394
Eat less fatty things then
>>
>>34892070
>shrugs are useless for beginners

What the fuck kind of bro science is this?
>>
I failed the last rep of my last set squatting today. Should I go down 5lbs to the last weight I could do or try it again next time? Also are there accessory exercises I could do improve my squat since I failed?
>>
>>34893434
Assuming your reps aren't like 2-3, you'll get it next time.
>>
>>34893313
it isn't
>>
>>34893162

Yes.

Is 1g/lb too much?
>>
>>34893288
So just do some sort of rows instead? I'm going to try getting help from one of the employees at my uni gym. They will work with you through your programs apparently, but I'm a bit worried they'll get me on a worse program or hover too much (I like exercising alone better).
>>
>>34893511
not "too much"
just "more than you could ever possibly hope to synthesize, even on roids"

if you get protein farts then dial down the protein.

.55g/lb was enough for most serious lifters pulled off the street.

nobody has been documented to use more than .77g/lb.

rounding up two standard deviations, that leaves you with .78g/lb as a reasonable upper limit to human protein synthesis.
>>
File: fit girl.jpg (151 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
fit girl.jpg
151 KB, 1080x1080
>>34890660

Is chewing a fuckload of chewing gum going to be unhealthy due to artificial sweeteners?

Are Oats a safe grain, or do they carry the problems of others?

Is dedicated ab work truly necessary when my routine features a huge amount of compounds that use core?
>>
>>34893511
You only really need 0.8.

The original idea was 1g / lb of lean mass, which is entirely different from bodyweight. It usually equates down the the 0.8 number for most people.

Outside of that, extra protein does NOT equal extra muscles.
>>
>>34893538
>the problems of others?
what is the problem of other grains?
>>
>>34893539
>you only need slightly more than anyone has ever synthesized ever.
thanks, cpt. broscience
>>
File: 1442194985144.jpg (85 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442194985144.jpg
85 KB, 640x640
>>34890711

No. It's just ligament and cartilage.

>>34890713

Fat women. People say it's "high test" because you have to be high in testosterone (aka desperate for sex) to get a boner from them.
Or something like that.

>>34890728

I think she was dating Pedro at that time.
But hey, it's Oberyn, so maybe they had a threesome.

>>34890780

You think? Lena and Pedro have romantic videos and photos together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybztjd1d86s

People speculate that Lena's second child is Pedro's. Pedro posted on instagram a letter he got that had a drawing of a pregnant woman saying something like "I miss you". So...

>>34890812

Yes. It has been proven by studies that you can gain muscle mass even with a slight deficit (300 kcal IIRC).

>>34890856

Power cleans.

>>34890884

Can you bend your knee completely?
If not you can try box squats. Or lowbar squats, as they don't go to full knee flexion as the front or highbar.

>>34890978

Take pictures of your progress. It's hard to notice differences when looking at the mirror, unless they're big differences.

>>34891184

Do a program focused on the bench for a few weeks.

>>34891236

He is wrong.

>>34891476

You probably have tight hip flexors. Do lots of stretches for them, and a few exercises to strengthen them.
If the pain is too constant, give it a week of rest.
>>
>>34893548
Some people around here have said that grains like wheat are quite high in phytates (I think) which are supposed to be bad for your test on something
>>
>>34893538
>Is chewing a fuckload of chewing gum going to be unhealthy due to artificial sweeteners?
You have bloaties?
>>
>>34893334
try lunges.
>>
>>34893347
>Hafthor Bjornsson
He eats infants for breakfast. With skyr..
Just found out he's my age. He could use my entire frame as a cocksleeve. Many levels of fail, many.
>is he body weight frauding?
No. just huge. Seen the pics? Srsly?
>he doesn't even look all that built
He will scare away anything smaller than radiated bears. So bigger than you, little knat.
>>
Is 90%of your 5rm too much for a 3x5?
>>
File: 1447041013686.jpg (97 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447041013686.jpg
97 KB, 1080x1080
Is it possible to increase chest size while on a cut/maintanace?

Going on holiday to Rarotonga and want to be around 10-15%bf but my chest is extremely underdeveloped.
>>
>>34894050
A tiny beach whale is still a beach whale
>>
File: img.jpg (92 KB, 720x482) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
92 KB, 720x482
what kind of exercises/type of weight training transitions best into sports, like swimming and tennis?
say, should I just start SS, and the PCs will be enough, or should I try to get into Oly/CF/etc?
>>
opinions on stronglifts? i've been getting familiar with it for the last couple weeks and it seems pretty good so far, and i've read nothing but good reviews on it. i just gotta get used to not going to the gym every day and find something else to do on tuesdays and thursdays
>>
>>34893968
Try it.
It depends on your math, genetics and hormone levels.
>>
>>34894050
>Is it possible to increase chest size while on a cut/maintanace?
depends how advanced you are.

if you're relatively new, then yes.
>>
File: fitt.jpg (237 KB, 990x990) Image search: [Google]
fitt.jpg
237 KB, 990x990
I'm looking for legit practical info about creatine

thinking of trying it, but not sure if good idea to start during a cut
>>
>>34894220
So you look here. Well done.
>>
>>34894093
Standard strength training will be fine with added olympic movements like cleans, power cleans, snatch, etc.

Those are less strength sports and more endurance though so your training will need to be a lot different most likely.
>>
>>34894220
Just take it, and take it daily until you stop lifting.
>>
What can I do in place of diddlies? What back exercises are there that aren't pull ups/rows?
>>
File: 1442194985098.jpg (92 KB, 426x509) Image search: [Google]
1442194985098.jpg
92 KB, 426x509
>>34894144

It's a meme. The program was "created" (aka stolen from roger steppe and rippletits) by a marketing firm. Only reason it is popular is because of the mobile app.

Do a proper program like SS instead.

>>34894093

Start with SS for at least 3 months to build a solid foundation, then transition into Oly.

>>34894050

You can increase the muscle mass, sure. But it will probably go down in size from the fat you're gonna lose.

>>34893968

No, it's fine. Just give it enough rest between the sets.

>>34893538

>Is chewing a fuckload of chewing gum going to be unhealthy due to artificial sweeteners?

Depends on how much is a fuckload, but probably not.

>Are Oats a safe grain, or do they carry the problems of others?

Oats are good.

>Is dedicated ab work truly necessary

Not really.

>>34893434

No, increase the weight on the next workout like you'd normally do. Failing a rep isn't a big deal. You should only deload if you get truly stuck. Give it a read here: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program#Stalling.2C_Resetting_and_Progressing

>>34893374

They don't get "destroyed". They get denatured, just like in the chicken and the egg, but that doesn't make any difference.

>>34893313

It is. Both roger's 5x5 (the first two sets are warmups, so it's really a 3x5) and SS are 3x5.
SL is 5x5 but it's a retarded routine "made" (aka stolen) by a marketing firm.

3x5 allows you to lift more weight, recover better, require less calories, and makes it harder to plateau.
Novices shouldn't do 5x5, it's useless. You won't make "more gains" from it.

>>34892833

Do SS instead. http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program

No excuses of "I can't power clean it's hard". I'm a 45kg girl and I can power clean. So take that in consideration when you feel "afraid" of it.
It's easy as fuck to learn how to do it, and it's a fun lift.

You do NOT substitute PCs for rows. Rows are a back exercise. SS has chinups instead of rows.
>>
>>34894234
I look everywhere ofc.

BTW, I wouldn't consider creatine if it had only lifting strength/potential size gain benefits. There's a ton of evidence that it helps mental performance, too.
>>
Is it advisable to have month-long bulk/cult periods - i.e. bulking one month, cutting the next month, bulking the next etc. Most people seem to do it for longer.

I'm a newbie and decided to cut first. I intend on continuing my cut until uni finishes (mid December) and then bulking during my ~4 week holidays cos I'm most definitely gonna be eating a fuckload over Christmas anyway, may as well capitalise on it.
>>
>>34894455
Cut before even lifting and then bulk for 8 months, cut again and then stay on maintenance for a while.
>>
>>34894348
why are you (a 45kg girl) so butthurt about stronglifts?
>>
File: 1442194985107.jpg (83 KB, 469x598) Image search: [Google]
1442194985107.jpg
83 KB, 469x598
>>34894304

>What back exercises are there that aren't pull ups/rows?

None. Your back pulls things. So you're either doing horizontal pulls (rows) or vertical pulls (pullups).

Why would you want to remove the DLs? You can do lowbar squats and hip thrusts instead for the hips/legs, and PC and chinups for the traps/back.

>>34893347

Muscle mass is way denser than fat.

>>34893217

Hammer curls are just fine. They will hit your biceps "less" than the supinated curls, but it will hit your brachioradialis and brachialis a lot more than supinated curls.
Honestly, you should do both hammer and supinated curls for maximum arm gains.

Do skullcrushers. Just remember the bar is supposed to go over your head and then further down, not to your forehead.

>>34893179

Literally makes no difference. I put powder first because it's easier to mix.

>>34893043

Maybe these will help: https://www.youtube.com/user/JDCav24/search?query=elbow

>>34893004

Depends on the leg exercise. Usually they do develop the upperbody a little bit - deadlifts, for instance, also train your back a lot.
Squats train your core muscles a lot too.

>>34892500

Yes.

>>34892434

Dead hangs, pause deadlifts, farmer's walk. And just hold the bar for as long as possible at the end of the deadlift rep.

>>34892405

Do a better routine. Add weight to the bar every workout.

>>34892243

No. It's just a variation. Just keep in mind you should do close-grip pullups. Widegrip are pretty useless.

>is there any reason weighted pull ups are preferable to weighted chin ups?

They are not.

>i still feel chin ups in my lats super hard so

They hit your lats just as much.

>supinated grip on a straight bar is bad for your elbows

It's not.

>>34892143
>>34891984

symmetricstrength.com

>>34892097

Yes. It will require a lot of training, though. It's not something you can achieve in a few months.

>>34891843

It's mostly a meme program desu. There are better bodybuilding routines.
>>
>>34894501
I wanna know if there's anything inherently wrong/useless/disadvantageous with bulking/cutting at month-long periods.
>>
If it's calories in versus calories out, why do people really like keto diets? What is it exactly about carbohydrates that retains fat in my body?
>>
File: image (2).png (511 KB, 1620x1320) Image search: [Google]
image (2).png
511 KB, 1620x1320
>>34892024

PHUL is a meme. Terrible program and a terrible selection of exercises.
Do one of these instead.
>>
>>34894522
Kinda dumb. It's not a good idea.
You could bulk with microcuts every now and then, but it's not a good idea if you want to make good gains.
>>
>>34890660
>Stuck on 100 lbs for DB BP for several months
>Try the barbell and instantly leap to 155 lbs
How should I feel about this?
>>
WIll hot baths lower my T?
>>
>>34894543
Do you mean 50lbs per DB?
Stay with barbells as your main chest lift until you start hitting nice numbers.
>>34894548
No, just shitty for your skin tho
>>
>>34894348
>>34893288
>>34892833

I ended up doing the A day for Sean10mm's SS variation from the sticky and will get the Starting Strength book this weekend.

I really regret doing only machines and running to drop 70 lbs because I'm very weak now. It felt shitty that I couldn't do a full set of dips, but I'm going to keep working at everything. I felt like I was the weakest person in my uni's weight room, but I still made sure to get as much help as possible from the staff. Thanks for the help with all this /fit/ I feel pretty confident about lifting even though I'm very weak atm.
>>
>>34894539
That microcuts thing sounds interesting.

The reason I ask is a) I'm afraid of bulking incorrectly and thus becoming a lump of fat with minimal muscle gain, and b) I'm shit at adhering to calorie counts for a prolonged period of time.
>>
File: lucie.jpg (237 KB, 1133x1700) Image search: [Google]
lucie.jpg
237 KB, 1133x1700
What kind of stretching exercises should I do to loosen up my lower back for squatting? I have really bad ass wink
>>
>>34894586

Lower back and/or hamstrings, hip flexors, etc. is what I actually meant to say
>>
how do you guys breath? do you do the breath into belly and hold technique for reps? and on what lifts
>>
>>34894615
>how do you guys breath?
Buddy, come on now.
>and hold technique for reps? and on what lifts
Nigga I was about to say...
>>
>>34894586
buttwink isn't bad as long as you can keep your chest up anon
Your glutes and hamstrings may be tight which doesn't help. I usually spend about 5-6 minutes stretching before squatting, but I have loooongass femurs and very low flexibility

>tl;dr
just stretch your shit before you get under the bar, provided you're warmed up
>>
What can I do to keep my legs warm when doing cardio? I used to live in a country that's warm all year round so I'm not used to it being this fucking cold out.
>>
>>34894983
wear pants hhhhhhhehe
>>
If I'm around 23% bf and am starting SS should I change my caloric deficit some? I'm currently at a 500 cal a day deficit, but I don't want to progress way too slow on the weights. I'm new to lifting so I'm probably going to get a good deal of newbie gains. I'm also planning on doing a couple days where I run 5k a week, but if that would be bad for starting out I can go without the extra running.
>>
File: 1442194985181.jpg (92 KB, 389x614) Image search: [Google]
1442194985181.jpg
92 KB, 389x614
>>34894348
>>34894513

Just a small correction, I called Reg Park "Roger". I blame it on all the Roger Estep/Rippletits memes.

>>34895057

Go slow on the progression and keep cutting until you hit 16% bf. From some studies I've seen 400kcal deficit is good for building muscle mass and strength, but I don't recall it very well so you might wanna google it and check for yourself.

>>34894507

It's a fine program. It's just nowhere near as good as SS or Reg Park's or other "3x5" novice programs (like Candito's, though it's a bit too complicated for straight up novices), and people keep recommending it over and over.

What people don't realise is that SL was build by a marketing group. The reason it became popular is because of the mobile app, it pretty much broke into new untapped territory back then.

The program is popular because of marketing efforts and mobile app, not because of the routine itself.

The program is a diluted version of SS mixed with Reg Park's 5x5 (which is actually a 3x5 program) to avoid getting sued.
Doing 5 worksets is just not optimal for a beginner. It brings no benefits from doing 3x5, and it has enough downsides to make it not worthwhile.

I've seen some people treat Mehdi as a "specialist". He's simply not.

>>34894543

You will always lift heavier with barbells. They are better for strength training. But DBs are better for hypertrophy training, even though you can't lift as heavy.

>>34894548

lol no.

>>34894562

Some of the info on the sticky is quite old. Funnily enough I wouldn't recommend it when it comes to info on routines and programs, it's just too outdated, full of misinformation, and just not good enough.
The SS book is really good, but Rip doesn't explain the main routine itself very well. He basically explains it in a single paragraph lost in the middle of a bunch of other stuff.
The wikia has good info: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program

>>34894952

You don't keep your chest up on the lowbar squat.
>>
anybody ever had high liver test results AST 78 ALT 133. Doctor told me if I didn't stop drinking I would die young. Is this true. Can I ever get this results back to normal?
>>
How accurate are eleptical machines for calories burned. I have this machine maxed out and in one hour it says I've burned 900 calories.
>>
File: 1441376428611.jpg (114 KB, 670x674) Image search: [Google]
1441376428611.jpg
114 KB, 670x674
does it matter at what time i eat ? im busy ass fuck so i jam almost all of my daily calories into one big ass meal. will this fuck my gains up? im bulking if it matters
>>
>>34894528
keto makes you hungry less, which leads to it being easier (for some) to stick to their calories.

eating less carbs means you retain less water so you look leaner on a low carb diet than you would otherwise.
>>
File: 1443949767460.png (58 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1443949767460.png
58 KB, 645x773
If my main goal is to lose weight, is eating at a deficit, doing a push/pull (lifting 4x/week) and running 3 miles every day (on lifting days I run after lifting) a good plan?
I don't plan on lifting heavy since i'll be at a deficit during the day.
If not, please refer me to a cutting plan you think is best.
>>
>>34895713
Lifting heavy (maintaining weight on the bar) should be your primary concern exercise wise if you're trying to retain LBM.

Push pulls can work, it depends on how the exercise selection/volume setup is.

>>34895461
Some people feel like shit lifting on an empty stomach. If that isn't an issue for you, you can get most of your calories in at one time interval if it's easier.

>>34895421
Not very.

>>34895390
No idea, but if he's recommending you to cut out alcohol, he probably has a good reason. How much do you drink?
>>
>>34895766
>>34895713
well at the moment im at 200lbs @ 6' but i feel soft and fat. My goal is to reach 185. I'm doing a routine similar to Coolcicadas PPL but without the legs since i intend to run every day.
So you're saying that i shouldn't run every day? my ultimate goal is to reduce bf%
>>
>>34895766
I never really counted until after this test. Cutting back started at 8ozs of scotch. Normal level must be between 10- 18oz a day for maybe 10 years. never really feel drunk. know people that drink more and have normal results. I currently stopped but just wonder if the doctor missed something.
>>
Guys, I want big juicy delts but I'm scared of impingement

What are some good exercises beyond OHP?
>>
Been lifting for about 5 months now. I've noticed that sometimes when I walk or when I make a sudden movement after being idle for too long (like standing up after sitting, or moving my arm at my desk) I click like a cicada. Have I purchased a one way ticket to snap city?
>>
File: tumblr_m1vvrzMsVm1rroyh2o1_1280.png (195 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1vvrzMsVm1rroyh2o1_1280.png
195 KB, 1200x700
I'm doing this routine and am happy with it so far. Will I lose gains if I do cardio on off days? Right now I workout Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so I'm proposing to do either a half hour or an hour of cardio on tuesday and thursday.
>>
If I want 71 push ups (2 minutes), 71 sit ups (2 minutes), and a 13 minute 2 mile can I gain these at a caloric deficit if I work hard.

Im 40 lbs overweight and joining the army in june 2017, been doing sl 5x5 and dieting.
I'm 18 btw.
>>
Should I be doing ab work on SS on off days?
>>
Today I felt some tightness in my left rotator cuff while doing dips, did I fuck something up? I recovered from a pulled muscle in there a few weeks ago and haven't felt any weakness or pain until tofay
>>
For a novice who's starting out cutting while lifting, is it normal to just keep the same weight on the bar each workout? Everything says to increase the weight each workout, but I don't find myself being able to do that while also eating at a calorie deficit.
>>
File: 1442194985182.jpg (119 KB, 850x531) Image search: [Google]
1442194985182.jpg
119 KB, 850x531
>>34896020

Dips fuck up shoulders. Do closegrip bench instead.

>>34895912

You can, it's fine.

>>34896027

Try to increase it, even if it's just 500g or 1kg.

>>34895838

You won't lose gains as long as you eat enough.

>>34895831

OHP does not cause impingement. It's anatomically impossible.

>>34895832

No. It's no big thing to worry about as long as there's no pain.

>>34895461

It's fine as long as you eat enough.
>>
What does /fit/ recommend for a beginner who is also poor?
I can't really afford to go to a good gym, and I know for a fact I can't just go buy weights and use those.
What do?
>>
>>34896070
Do pyramid
1 pull up, 2 push ups, 3-4 sit ups
Repeat over and over
>>
>>34896097
>pull up
Pull up with what? I don't have anything in my house I can use, nor do I know anywhere I can go.
>>
>>34896070

Get a job.
>>
>>34890978

Take a picture of yourself every two weeks and compare them, don't compare today to yesterday.
>>
>>34896123
I have a job. But most of my money goes to bills and my money-suck of a family.
>>
>>34890660
I'm new and don't understand more than 80% of /fit/s acronyms

I just learned what QTDDTOT means because of this thread. Anything else I should prepare my anus for?
>>
Went to the gym and did low weight db squats (dbs at the side), bench press and deadlift since I'm a weakling starting out.

Problems I've noticed when squatting:
my toes turn out when I move up. Do I need better shoes?
sometimes I am on the toes of my feet while I'm squatting and push up with my toes instead of the 'hip' which I'm kind of having some trouble identifying
going down fully I sometimes get a pain sensation in my shins.
after the last set or so my shoulders hurt, they're tense. when I squat down they roll down and when I go up, they're straight.
I think this is a flexibility/mobility issue, I remember there was an image with recommended stretches, if anyone has that.

Probably have problems deadlifting but I need to figure out how to do it properly with dbs.
>>
is shitting bad for you?
>>
Dumb question. I think. But I was in Fat logic thread and one of the excuses was "I only eat a little bit and still put on weight", which was dismissed as ridiculous.

However, isn't it possible for someone to eat normal portions of just really calorie dense food?

Something like a small salad dripping with butter for example
>>
File: 1442194985133.jpg (75 KB, 507x564) Image search: [Google]
1442194985133.jpg
75 KB, 507x564
>>34896134

SS = starting strength
DL = deadlift
SLDL = stifflegged deadlift
SL = shit lol
GOMAD = gallon of milk a day (the bulking diet)
3x5 = 3 sets of 5 reps
5x5 = 5 sets of 5 reps
PPL = push-pull-legs, a type of routine
YANDTP = you are not doing the program aka stop doing retarded shit and follow the program
PL = powerlifting
5/3/1 = a routine for advanced lifters
texas method = a routine for intermediate lifters
CBT = current body thread
/pol/ = retarded

That's it I think.
Now do SS: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program

>>34896196

What do you mean by turn out? Remember that your feet are supposed to point outwards, not straight ahead.
You're not supposed to be on your toes or heels, you're supposed to be in balanced in the middle of your feet.
Do barbell squats instead, will probably fix the shoulder issue.

To do DB deadlifts just have the DBs in front of you and deadlift them.

>>34896213

Not shitting is bad for you.

>>34896217

Yes that's one of the reasons why they think they "eat a little bit". They just eat really shitty food with shitload amount of calories.
Another reason is that they're just delusional and actually eat a fuckton.

>>34896070

Your town should have a park or something with bars and stuff where you can train bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>34896231
So by "eat a fuck ton" you're saying calorie-wise not actual quantity. Gotcha
>>
File: 1438761057858.png (28 KB, 243x243) Image search: [Google]
1438761057858.png
28 KB, 243x243
>>34896244

Both, actually. I've seen some people say they "eat very little" and when you go see they eat huge fastfood meals and whole bottles of coke multiple times per day.
>>
>Domino's medium cheese pizza is 1680 calories
>That's under my TDEE

Forgive me for being stupid, but what's stopping me from cutting with nothing but pizza and drinking a shit ton of water (Assuming I have the willpower to eat literally nothing else all day).
>>
>>34896231
>Your town should have a park or something with bars and stuff where you can train bodyweight exercises.
Y'know, I never thought of that. I'll have to go look around for one. Do you know if there's an online resource that shows places like this?
>>
>>34896268
nothing. i once lost a lot of weight eating nothing but eskimo pies
>>
Is building muscle mass without stretching making me less flexible over time?
>>
File: 1442194985169.jpg (91 KB, 464x702) Image search: [Google]
1442194985169.jpg
91 KB, 464x702
>>34896268

Only eating pizza everyday is unhealthy, won't make you feel "full", and it will make you crave more shitty food.

But aside from that it's fine and you will lose weight.

>>34896296

Yes.
>>
File: so mad.png (530 KB, 476x504) Image search: [Google]
so mad.png
530 KB, 476x504
>215-225 used to be easy
I could barely do 165 today. What the fuck happened?! This has happened to me periodically now making my squat piss poor compared to other lifts. But I know this isn't like last time since my form is solid. Although I am tired from classes 5 times a week.

>tl;dr squat reduced to barely even 60% of my 5RM today
>>
>>34896231
>What do you mean by turn out? Remember that your feet are supposed to point outwards, not straight ahead.
Say my feet are at 40 degrees when I start, when I push up and finish, they turn to 60. Maybe because I'm sometimes doing it on my heels and that gives it a point to pivot.
>Do barbell squats instead, will probably fix the shoulder issue.
I've tried before but I feel like I have even worse balance issues with a barbell on my back that I can barely contain and then I feel like I'm going to drop it. Want to work up to at least 30 lbs dbs before trying.
>>
>>34896268

Just make your own.
>>
>>34896335

Start with them at 60 degrees then.
>>
>>34896320
I-I love you anime grills, senpai

Really? It's fine? I'm a retard about nutrition, but is there any risk of like...fatty liver or high blood pressure? Like this guy>>34896293 eating nothing but eskimo pies. Diabeetus?
>>
>>34896334
Help fit. My confidence is down.
>>
>>34896231
>http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
Wow, thanks a lot, friendo. And for the link too. Seems really interesting.
>>
File: 1444286942142.png (263 KB, 680x750) Image search: [Google]
1444286942142.png
263 KB, 680x750
>>34896231
>It's trap-sama
>>
Is getting fit fulfilling?

I am just so fucking tired of my wage slave job, ive lost all interest in games, movies and music (though i still spend money on shit in a fleeting attempt for joy) and havnt been in a relationship in about 10 years now. Im just fed up. Im a fat fucking slob and want to change, but i just wonder if it will help at all, or just be another chore in this joyless trek.

Sorry for being dramatic but need to vent.
>>
>>34896414

It can be. For plenty of people it isn't.

Which I think correlates pretty well to people who enjoy the activity for its own sake (or as a part of some greater segment of life they enjoy - say, team sports or whatever) versus those who see it as something they have to do for nebulous reasons.
>>
>>34896414
Yeah dude
>>
File: 1433901758318.png (421 KB, 463x828) Image search: [Google]
1433901758318.png
421 KB, 463x828
I smoke, I dip, I drink. Other than obvious problems such as cancer, bad teeth, and reduced lung capacity. What am I looking at as far as effecting my gains and lifting in general.

Former Muhreen Infantry so pretty much where I developed my bad habits.
>>
>>34896466

Reduced recovery and work capacity.

It won't stop you from being big and strong, but its generally easier if you're not a smoker or drinker (although light drinkers can get away with it pretty easily). Won't speak to dipping because I know jack shit about it.
>>
File: 1335909930381.png (202 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
1335909930381.png
202 KB, 421x500
Cant lift for an undetermined period of time because I took a trip to snap city

How to I make sure I dont lose all my fucking gains

Im terrified bros, please respond.
>>
>>34890660
testes hurt after squatting heavy for a few weeks. dull pain for about 48 hours. do i have a minor hernia, am i just stressing too hard in my lower abdomen, or have i blown my nuts out. I know how to brace my core and shit but no adjusting of my form fixes it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.