[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, need advice So I'm currently eating about 2600
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 61yIT+dXtsL.jpg (93 KB, 742x1024) Image search: [Google]
61yIT+dXtsL.jpg
93 KB, 742x1024
Hey /fit/, need advice
So I'm currently eating about 2600 calories a day but still can't see significant progress in my weight. Should I opt for a mass gainer? Because I don't think I can eat more than I do currently.
If not, is there something I can eat that's highly caloric, not that much fat and fast?

This is what I'm eating currently:
>shake with a banana, apple, 150ml of fat-free milk
>2 loafs of whole bread
>2 slices of cheese
>1 protein shake

>200g of chicken
>5 spoons of rice
>4 spoons of beans
>salad

>2 loafs of whole bread
>100g of chicken

>1 whole egg
>3 whites
>1 can of tuna
>5 spoons of rice
>4 spoons of beans

>1 small fresh cheese
>10 cookies
>>
>>34889444
oh my OP, your diet is shit.
>>
>>34889444
Can you please break down what your
>protein
>carb
>fat
>sugar
intake is for a day when you eat like this, please?
>>
>>34889464
Care to elaborate?

>>34889481
I haven't started counting my macros, I have no idea man.
I'll figure it out in the weekend.
>>
>>34889510
>I'll figure it out in the weekend.

You should really prioritize figuring this out.
The diet you posted is absolute garbage.
There's an app called MyFitnessPal that makes counting calories and working macros really, really easy.

What's your current weight?
>>
>>34889546
Yeah, I know man, but uni and shit.
About 60kg.
I don't really think I'm a hardgainer, since I used to be chubby when I was young, then got really fucking skinny because I just stopped eating.
As for the app, I tried it but it was a bit frustrating since I'm european and the brands/portions and shit on there are mainly american.

Can you give me some pointers about a good diet?
>>
>>34889464
>>34889546
His diet has more than enough protein from the protein shake, milk, chicken, tuna, beans and eggs. Carbs from bread, rice

I'm too lazy to MFP it but I'm like 90% sure he's above 2600 calories and his macros are more than matched. There's nothing wrong with it by IIFYM standards. The cookies are irrelevant if that's your problem, they just serve to bulk up more since his macros are already reached.
>>
>>34889585
>hardgainer
No such thing.

>the brands/portions and shit on there are mainly american.
Most people don't eat a huge variety of foods, so after a month of inputting your own foods you'll have a pretty good database of what you eat and it will be very easy.

>Can you give me some pointers about a good diet?
Read the sticky.
>>
>>34889622
OP here.
The guy who told me to follow that diet has almost 20 years of experience so I trusted in him, since I'm a beginner in this stuff.

Anyway, I'm following this diet for about 3 weeks, I probably gained a couple hundred grams.
I do work my ass at the gym tho.
>>
>>34889691
I just roughly cranked it out in MFP and you're close.

You're eating too much sugar, but in an attempt to gain weight that's not the end of the world.

Before I started using mass gainer I'd start making protein shakes in the blender and add a cup of oats.
>>
>>34889691
How much do you weigh/how tall are you? Do you weigh yourself at the same time every time (i.e. always in the morning/always at night, not night vs morning)? Do you ever not eat as much as you should (be honest)?
>>
>>34889722
Eh, sometimes I even eat some chocolate and shit so yeah, not really a problem.
Even if I do gain a bit of a fat I'll eventually make it up with cardio to cut a bit.

>>34889724
>How much do you weigh/how tall are you?
60kg/174cm I also have a 28 waist.

>Do you weigh yourself at the same time every time?
yep

>Do you ever not eat as much as you should (be honest)?
Even when I can't eat always at the same time (due to my shitty schedule), I always eat everything I'm supposed to eat.
>>
If you are hitting 2600 calories everyday i'm assuming you are atleast gaining a little bit of weight?

You should try reaching for 2800-3000 calories on workout days then since depending on your workout, you probably burn quite a few calories.
>>
>>34889829
On workout days I always drink another protein shake after walking out of the gym.
Even though I'm not even doing any cardio, I do work my ass off pushing weights and always try going for failure.
Maybe I'll try eating a bit more on workout days like you suggested.
>>
>>34889444
Nice trips yo. Maybe you could smoke weed. I can eat like a horse if I don't hold myself back when I smoke. It also makes for good workouts. I would avoid weight gainer unless you want to be a big sloppy lineman.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.