[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go to small gym >only one squat rack >go early in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1391710863578.gif (20 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1391710863578.gif
20 KB, 633x758
>go to small gym
>only one squat rack
>go early in the morning, around 8:30
>occasionally there's one guy there squatting 4pl8 etc, big guy 4 me
>only skelly, doing SL 5x5 so need the squat rack
>he takes forever in the rack, about 45 minutes
>not sure what to do, I can't go home, I can't sit around for 45 minutes whilst he does his shit, also I'm skelly so I feel like my workout is less legitimate than his

fucks sake
>>
Quit being an autist and ask to work in

As long as you help him load his weights up after your sets he wont mind

May even give you some form tips
>>
>>34889042
really? I'd feel bad making him de-load his 4pl8s and sticking my 5kgs on
>>
>>34889008
If you ask to work in you'll get a workout loading his weights for him like a little servant boy. Just go home breh.
>>
you got two options:
alpha: just challenge him to a fight

beta: work out what time he gets there and get there before him
>>
>>34889008

tell him you'll be his special twink if he lets you work in
>>
>>34889081
If you cant deal with this for the first few months then you legitimately will not make it. Other option is trying to work different days than him i guess.
>>
whats the difference between regular overhead press and the dumbell overhead press?
>>
>>34889042
seconded. He's probably a decent guy who will appreciate you making the effort to better yourself.
>>
>>34889072
There are also starter workouts that dont use the rack. Slower progress but youll at least have weights available to you every time
>>
>>34889008
>early in the morning around 8:30
Seriously? How old are you. I'm at my gym by 0600 and I consider that normal time.
>>
>>34889112
Dumbbells work your stabilizer muscles better
>>
>>34889126
>>
>>34889167
Do you have a job?
>>
>>34889175
no, I have uni
>>
>>34889184
Then go earlier so you'll have the gym to yourself. Unless it's closed; you'll have to ask to work in if you can't change your schedule. I used to work out after work and it was packed, now I got before and I can do whatever I want.
>>
my gym only has 1 power rack and I can use it 24/7 and no one else ever uses it.

home

gym

master

race
>>
File: Fedora.jpg (3 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
3 KB, 300x300
>>34889112
>Regular overhead press
The name of the exercise is called the meme
>>
>>34889222
gym opens at 7, guess I'll try and go then. Hopefully there aren't any other keen lads about
>>
>>34889289
Wait outside until they open the doors then sprint to the rack. Now it's yours.
>>
>>34889072
>5kgs
OK senpai
You telling me you can't squat ,1plate?
You must be a female
>>
>>34889303
kek

>>34889304
no mate, I'm a 6'5 skelly who's just starting, I apologise for not being as strong as you when you first started
>>
>>34889008
lol
>>
OP, people like you are the real shit heads at the gym.

Rather than simply work with the guy you get bent and go home? What's wrong with you?

Why can't people work in? All these fucking women and instagram faggots want to "not skip leg day" every fucking day. And get upset if they aren't able to, but if you ask them if they want to work in they look at you like you're crazy or something.

Seriously, wtf with women, kids and asians not being able to share equipment? It's bizarre.
>>
>>34889385
I just feel bad for interrupting this bloke's workout mate
>>
>>34889402
If hes spending that long on the squat rack he probably takes pretty long rests between sets no?
>>
>>34889494
I don't really check to be honest, I'm usually doing my own thing. Occasionally I'll see him resting but I don't think it's for too long
>>
>>34889008
either ask to work in or get a homegym
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.