[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sup /fit/, anybody here have a neuroscience or biochemistry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 1297333591126.jpg (408 KB, 2000x2156) Image search: [Google]
1297333591126.jpg
408 KB, 2000x2156
>sup /fit/, anybody here have a neuroscience or biochemistry degree, or study it?

If you do, doesn't this board piss you off sometimes? I mean, I love /fit/, years and years ago when I first started working out I came here I wouldn't have gone as far without it. I've had a long hiatus from working out and in the meantime started studying neuroscience and got my degree. Now that I'm back in the gym and back on /fit/, the board is different. There's a handful of people who know what they're doing, while there's a gullible chunk who rely on broscience and do nothing but circlejerk and regurgitate their absolute bullshit.

I see posts about genetics, metabolism, testosterone levels, effects of various supplements, dangerous habits and rituals that just make me fear for kids who come here looking for advice, kids who know nothing, and believe that shit. Whenever I try to post anything informative, post studies, references, I get a wave of memes and bullshit. It's almost impossible to actually help nowadays... So different from the past /fit/, and it's fucking scary to think that kids take these dangerous things seriously

So, my question is, if you ARE involved in the field of neuroscience and/or biochemistry, how the fuck do you not go insanely mad from the shit you see idiots post on this board?
>>
By stopping being a faget. You should try it anon.
>>
I just recently started coming here to read about getting /fit/

and i do hope that you are wrong and that it's not all shite,it cant be right?

i mean,genetics play a role dont they?
i dunno about metabolism
testosterone levels,no?
supplements,i think they're bullshit,but i dunno
>>
>>34887780
I have one word for you

>SQUATS AND OATS
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
You wanna know what pisses me off senpai? Little faggots who take less than 4 scoops
>>
>>34887780
Yo OP did you do your undergrad in biochem?
>>
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
It applies to the whole site
>>
biochemist checking in

can confirm /fit/ is full of tards that are seemingly incapable of accessing pubmed (and so is most of the general public)

the one that probably bugs me the most is GRAINS ARE GOOD AND IF YU DISAGRI UR BALEOTARD :-DDD

without even getting into digestive issues, let me just tell you that grains contain phytates which block zinc absorption... leading to copper dominance which is highly correlated with high estro (along with homosexuality and a host of other psychological disorders)
>>
>>34887780
Neuro major here
I mostly stick to mirin and fat people hate threads
>>
>>34888894
>without even getting into digestive issues, let me just tell you that grains contain phytates which block zinc absorption... leading to copper dominance which is highly correlated with high estro (along with homosexuality and a host of other psychological disorders)

Is it ok to eat oats
>>
File: tumblr_nn58tbQYWZ1titub2o1_500.jpg (36 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn58tbQYWZ1titub2o1_500.jpg
36 KB, 500x281
F6 master race
>>
>>34889366
This, I need to know
>>
>>34889366
This is important

>Have Squats and Oats been a gains goblin in my morning routine for the last year
>>
File: 1441883167686.jpg (2 MB, 2160x3454) Image search: [Google]
1441883167686.jpg
2 MB, 2160x3454
A1 masterrace reporting in
>>
>>34888894
so cant i just take zinc zing sublemend :DDDD
>>
>>34887780
>DNP is completely safe bro fuck science
>There's nothing wrong with Clen m8
>Bro peer reviewed studies are bullshit I took DNP and was fine
>If you haven't taken a drug you can't tell me it's not safe
>No fap increases testosterone bro I tried it once and wanted to fuck everything that moved
>Don't lose more than a pound a week bro you'll enter starvation mode
>Carbs are always bad m8 don't eat more than 20g a day

Fuck this board. Fuck the general "education is and bad and I'm just as smart as a Ph.D researcher" attitude. Oh, want to cycle test and cut with clenbuterol? It won't eviscerate your heart? And you only proof is you m8 who does it and is "completely fine."

Go for it man. You clearly know more than me.
>>
>>34889936
Is this natty?
>>
>>34888040
Ya know what pisses me off? Not baking with protien powder.
Captcha is food
>>
>>34888894
>>34887780
so pls stay in /fit/ friends
>>
>>34887780
Biochemistry is for faggots who can't math and handle calculus and physical chemistry like thermodynamics and quantum chemistry. Get a real chemistry degree.
>>
>>34888894
Please tell us if oats are part of the grain problems
>>
File: 1410712834877.jpg (44 KB, 598x720) Image search: [Google]
1410712834877.jpg
44 KB, 598x720
>>34887780
99% of /fit/ doesnt lift.

Because if they did they would know that you dont need to know more than eat big and lift big to get big.

Its that simple,and people keep searching shit like how many carbs you should eat,if fats are bad

Blablabla,it doesnt matter fags.Eat your proteins,progressive overload,caloric surplus and boom you get big.

Wanna be lean?Keep lifting big,eat your proteins,caloric deficit,boom you are lean.

If you come to this board for advice you are coming to the wrong place,only good advice is in the sticky and maybe 1% of the posts.
>>
>>34890335
Sticky is garbage and made mostly to shill a few garbage books.
>>
File: 1416328157533.jpg (65 KB, 505x720) Image search: [Google]
1416328157533.jpg
65 KB, 505x720
>>34890353
It says to eat enough proteins,to progressive overload,and eat at caloric surplus to get big iirc

Of there is some old shit that its no oonger true but its still better than /fit/s bullshit about activated almonds and bread
>>
>>34887780
chart is pretty shit desu
C3,4,5,6,7 all have the same amount of muscle..
hell, 3 has more muscle than 7
>>
>>34887780
I have a bachelors in microbiology, another in botany, and a minor in chemistry.

I'm also the body in the F5 position on that picture, though I look way better now.

I can prove all of those statements.
>>
>>34890146

No
>>
2c
>>
>>34887780
>if you ARE involved in the field of neuroscience and/or biochemistry, how the fuck do you not go insanely mad from the shit you see idiots post on this board?
I try to debunk the ones I can, but people can find an article to support any ridiculous claim in a tentative way.

Stuff like 'this study of rats shows that saturated fat increases body mass' or what have you. Ultimately its up to each individual to prevent their trolling from being real. I try to help, but most people here are acting in good faith, and will argue against you without malice.
>>
>D3

Not a great feel 2bh
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.