[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For how long do I have to shower with cold water
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: small_1376325649-cold-shower.jpg (19 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
small_1376325649-cold-shower.jpg
19 KB, 400x240
to gain the most out of it?

Should I also slowly go colder so I have to adapt or shock therapy?

btw no matter how much actually free test you get from that, I still recommend taking a cold shower after your regular one, you feel very energetic
>>
File: bbthoughts.jpg (50 KB, 590x595) Image search: [Google]
bbthoughts.jpg
50 KB, 590x595
LoL
>2015
>Taking cold showers
>Losing your gains

A recent study showed this.
The key findings were that cold water immersion (1) substantially attenuated long-term gains in muscle mass and strength, and (2) delayed and/or suppressed the activity of satellite cells and kinases in the mTOR pathway during recovery from strength exercise. We propose that regular deficits in acute hypertrophy signalling in muscle after cold water immersion accumulated over time, which in turn resulted in smaller improvements in strength and hypertrophy.

Source and full article here:http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP270570/abstract

Tldr: stop fucking taking cold showers if you want to make gains
>>
>>34887617
Majority of studies have been inconclusive or negative, reports are anecdotal and the only scientifically confirmed results of cold water immersion after exercise are hospitalizations.

This is an urban legend that can literally land you in a fucking hospital.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2938508/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1890772
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/
>>
>>34887669
>>34887694
You are saying it's harmful?
>>
>>34887888

Proven to help with fat loss:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-05/cold-shower-may-be-secret-to-fat-burning/5238938
>>
File: The rarest Pepe.png (1 MB, 802x1060) Image search: [Google]
The rarest Pepe.png
1 MB, 802x1060
>>34887985
I will continue doing it, screw the gains goblins.

have this "pepe".
>>
>>34887669
I have been taking like 15 min cold water showers for the past 3 months, feels great on my body and wakes the fuck up

Are you saying it's eating my gains?
>>
>>34888020
Yeah, cold showers are gr8. After a workout i blast hot af water for 10 mins then finish off with 5 mins of cold water to feel refreshed. It's good shit
>>
>>34887617
Ah, just a quick rinse after your regular shower, gradually lowering the temperature.

I don't really think it helps with gains or anything, but it's good for the skin, refreshing and also introduces a bit of discipline into your daily routine.
>>
>>34888059
did you save my pepe, anon?
be truthful
>>
i have cold showers at home every day. it was tough at first, but now it is ok. start the spray on the feet, then hair then body to get acclimatized, then shower as normal. i find hitting the body first too big a shock. i also point the toesies upwards so they don't get too cold. now the temp is getting colder i will start cold, lather up in warm, then rinse cold. lathering warm feels like a better clean than just using cold.
>>
>>34888068
No
>>
Look up the iceman, named wim hof

He recommends cold showers

He climbed the mount everest in nothing but shorts
>>
>>34888150
Why not?
>>
File: 1446497888079.jpg (60 KB, 599x787) Image search: [Google]
1446497888079.jpg
60 KB, 599x787
>>34888196
Tbh it has a gay vibe. Sorry, Anon, it's just not my flavour.
>>
>>34887617
Just start out with cold water you pussies. It's not that hard. Once it's running it's easy to do.

Will also help you focus on showering and finish quickly.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.