[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ I was once a /fit/izen. I was swole, but then became an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 38f.gif (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
38f.gif
32 KB, 250x250
/fit/

I was once a /fit/izen. I was swole, but then became an alcoholic. How does I no longer be an alcohol? I'm dead serious, if anyone knows how to drop the sauce, I'd be eternally grateful.
>>
>>34884901
>gain will power
>stop cold turkey
>????
>no longer an alcoholic
>>
>>34884924
Unfortunately I've got the DTs when I stop- full blown seizure once, hardcore shaking and hallucinations to boot, haven't tried stopping since. Wondering if there's a safe way to do this, aside from getting on benzos.
>>
Get addicted to something stronger instead. It works.
>>
>>34884949

Do not stop cold turkey if this is the case. It would kill you. There are plenty of groups that you can reach out to. Look up your local AA group, or seek the help of a medical professional.
>>
File: sweetdrug_1276164871.gif (5 KB, 168x362) Image search: [Google]
sweetdrug_1276164871.gif
5 KB, 168x362
>>34884949
>>34885004
youre at medical help level bud
AA is for afterwards
>>
LSD has been known to aid alcoholics in the recovery process. And by aid I mean cure
>>
Fuuuuuck... Guess it's a trip to benzo city, followed by AA. Thanks guise.
>>
>>34885087

Sometimes AA can be easier to reach out to, and they can steer you in the proper direction, which is, I agree, medical help.

>>34885157

Good luck friend. Remember you're not alone, and that one fuckup along the path to recovery doesn't mean you failed.
>>
File: 1443154516354.png (262 KB, 349x349) Image search: [Google]
1443154516354.png
262 KB, 349x349
Don't drop it forever that's just gonna fuck with your head.

Focus on tapering to a lower dose for now.
>>
>>34885157
As someone who has been in and out of hospitals for both benzo and alcohol withdrawal before, I'd recommend against this. That shit is so cross-tolerant you'll just end up getting hook on the pills and then you won't have any idea what your body is actually physically addicted to.

This is a pretty good guide for detoxing yourself at home.
http://www.hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Make sure to follow it as close as possible. If you start shaking violently or hallucinating don't be afraid to down additional beers to make it stop. I had DT's (delirium tremens) last week from trying to taper too fast and it's not pleasant. I was throwing holy water on everything and thought I was fucking Link for a full week.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.