[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
P90X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: icon175x175.png (32 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
icon175x175.png
32 KB, 175x175
What's /fit/s opinion of P90X
>>
Trash
>>
Waste of money and time
>>
Another HIIT program that casuals eat up.
>>
/fit/ is terrified of working programs without squats, deadlifts, greasy barbells... You may want to ask elsewhere. /fit/ opinion is biased on this matter. It works tho
>>
>>34884659
It's better to bulk for 2 months and a week and then cut for 3 weeks, than doing 90 days of that BS
>>
>>34884693
I got a buddy who lost a decent amount of weight on the program. Seemed pretty legit to me.
>>
>>34884659
It was the first time i did in my life where i gained muscle. I was 17 at the time. Did 72 days but then dislocated my shoulder snowboarding. But up to day 72 (and eating decently) i put on some mass and could see definition.

If you havent done much in the terms of working out, its a easy place to start, and you dont have to go to a gym if thats not your cup of tea.

So give it a shot if you dont know much about lifting. Just torrent it online tho, its pretty expensive.
>>
>>34884659

For normies it's good.
>>
File: nyeees.png (205 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
nyeees.png
205 KB, 1000x800
>>34884659
>hurr durr anything besides fatlifting barbell squatz and oatz is shit
I'm a varsity athlete at an American university, and some of the athletes here do the workouts and consider them pretty challenging. I don't know what it is about normies and video workouts but my dad got the whole shebang as a gift and loves it. Gained a reasonable amount of muscle, endurance and flexibility (there's a great yoga program in P90X) and has kept doing the workouts since he finished the first 90 day session. He's also an avid swimmer, so if he considers these tough and beneficial, he may have a point.

The 90 day program is quite intense and includes a diet plan that, while it sometimes suggests but doesn't insist that you buy their supplements, follows a /fit/ approved bulk and cut that shows the user how much their diet matters and explains the stuff people on /fit/ argue about with regards to diet.

Overall it's normie-tier and I'd rather just lift, sprint and go outdoors, but quite effective and educates the user more than you might expect.
>>
>>34884659
The plyo routine is good during a cut desu senpai
>>
>>34884659
If you're in absolute garbage shape and there's no chance of you doing anything else for the next three months, go for it.
>>
>>34884659
If you want to put on muscle mass and have great strength gains, then just lift.
If you want to be fit in terms of cardio and bodyweight, do P90X.

P90X will get you on the path of being fit like an athlete, whereas lifting will get you on the path of being a lifter
>>
>>34884659
Autism with a bullhorn, senpai.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.