[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intermediate PPL+fullbody routine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: PHIR routines main.png (511 KB, 1620x1320) Image search: [Google]
PHIR routines main.png
511 KB, 1620x1320
PHIR, the strength-hypertrophy hybrid program has been updated based on feedback from lifters running the routine, and a second version has been written based on a common customisation from the users.

I have divided the two routines by colour for easy differentiation. The black routine is simpler and has less volume, but has higher intensity on the fullbody day.

Minor adjustments have been made to the original, now "white" routine.

Thank you for all those running or testing the routine, and I hope you all enjoy it.

Remember that everyone is different, so feel free to customise the program to your liking. This is not a strict program.

Keep in mind that PHIR is designed for intermediate lifters, who: can handle high volume; know how to perform the main lifts; have made as much linear gains as possible from the starter routines. If you're a beginner, stick to the novice routines like SS or 5x5s.

Additional guides, specifically on the exercise selection and strength progression, are on the to-do list, but you should know most of what you need to know by now if you're starting the program.

Feedback and suggestions are always welcomed.
>>
File: PHIR white 2c.png (302 KB, 810x1320) Image search: [Google]
PHIR white 2c.png
302 KB, 810x1320
>>34884483

Here's the white routine by itself in full quality...
>>
File: PHIR black 1a.png (268 KB, 810x1320) Image search: [Google]
PHIR black 1a.png
268 KB, 810x1320
>>34884483
>>34884488

... And here's the black routine.
>>
>>34884496
you finally moved those deadlifts
>>
>>34884483
How about doing:

Push
Pull
Legs
x
Upper Body
Legs
X

The upper body day would be pretty similar to the upper shyt done on your full body day. Sound good ?
>>
>>34884640
that's something similar to phat
>>
>>34884647
I dont like the speed work bullshit thats in there. Also i have a hard time trusting a guy that recommends doing flat db presses for heavy 3-5 reps instead of bench press
>>
>>34884483

I've been running the original routine since last week. Was doing PHUL before but I'm enjoying this a lot more. It was about time someone came up with something better and made it accessible to others.

Interested to see those guides.
Keep up the good work.
>>
>>34884699
yeah, i know where you're getting at
some things also bothered me
like total absence of rear delt work, lat exercises before bench on upper day, 30 different exercises, etc.
>>
>>34884640

Not OP but that sounds fine to me. Wouldn't do it myself because I only have 4 days available, but I don't think there's anything wrong with what you want.
>>
decent idea though I tend towards reducing the low volume work like 3x5 and increasing the high volume work like 5x8-10

ironically most intermediate powerlifters benefit really well from training like bodybuilders albeit with none of that ridiculous 5 day bodypart split shit, just pure hypertrophy
>>
I was on the fence about trying this because of all the people shitposting, but it seems legit. I'll give it a shot.
>>
File: 1443723720552.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1443723720552.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>34884483

How's my custom version?

A:
W. Chin ups
Pendlay Rows
One-arm Lat Pulldowns
DB curls

B:
Bench
OHP
Crossovers
Skullcrushers
Lateral Raises

C:
Lowbar
Front squat
Power Clean
Calf raises

D:
Deadlifts
DB Bench
DB OHP
Facepulls

Dragon flags for warmup.
>>
>>34885332

Looks good f.am
>>
File: 1444418755306.jpg (47 KB, 613x695) Image search: [Google]
1444418755306.jpg
47 KB, 613x695
>>34884496

This one looks interesting. But why no shrugs?
Also I'd probably do barbell curls instead of DB.
>>
>>34884483
>still 3 heavy presses in one day
>still 3 heavy pulls in one day
>still 2 sets of deadlifts vs 6 sets of squats

Still a no go lad, but you are getting better. Try again.
>>
File: 1445121910556.jpg (19 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
1445121910556.jpg
19 KB, 500x668
>>34884640

Sounds perfect. If you have 5 days available per week, then do it!

>>34884712

Glad you're enjoying it. Let me know if you have any feedback on it.

>>34885332

It has everything you need, so it's great.

>>34887197

Power cleans (and the PC variation, the barbell shrug, but that's a different exercise from the conventional shrug) and deadlifts are the best exercises to build your upper traps. Rows are the best to build your mid traps, and chinups and pullups are the best for the lower traps.
Shrugs are pretty pointless unless you're on roids.

But this is just my opinion. If you wanna do shrugs, feel free to do them. After all, you're the one who's gonna be working out, so might as well do the stuff you enjoy doing.

Barbell curls are just as good. I was thinking about putting them in somewhere but ended up sticking to the DB curls for the unilateral balance. But if you feel both your arms are equally strong, the barbell curl is a great exercise. You can do it a lot heavier than the DB curls, which is great to overload your biceps.

>>34887824

>still 3 heavy presses in one day
>still 3 heavy pulls in one day

You mean 2. The third one is optional. The program has 4 instructions, and 3 of them are talking about removing and changing exercises.

>still 2 sets of deadlifts vs 6 sets of squats

So? If you wanna do 6 sets of deadlifts go ahead. But I'm just not gonna be responsible for people snapping their shit up.
The warm up sets and the SLDL sets make it a good amount of volume for DLs.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 611x548) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 611x548
here we go
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.