[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I keep boxing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: southpaw.png (339 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
southpaw.png
339 KB, 620x412
You know, I'm full of it. I'm doing boxing for like 3 months now and I can't stand it anymore.

During practice matches, I don't like to think that I'm going to hurt another person and always take it lightly. I'm scared of having my face punched (and it always happens) and I don't like to compete with others. Is this the end, /fit/? Am I a pussy or is it normal for a guy to don't like boxing?

Boxers from /fit/, please help me with your personal experiences.

Will I ever make it, /fit/?
>>
>>34881702
sounds like you're a lover.

take up jiu jitsu; less face punching
>>
>>34881702
If you don't like doing it then don't, just practice it. If you are afraid to hurt them just think about how they want to be in the ring as much as you do and probably more, idk how someone who is afraid to hit another person even got into the sport.
>>
>>34881717

/this thread is now archived
>>
>>34881717

That's a good option, at least for the face punching problem. Is Judo any good?
>>
>>34881702
Just go to the gym and get big and work on your body for aesthetic reasons.

You obviously don't enjoy doing it so stop
>>
>>34881702
Jiu Jitsu has a huge following. Look up jiu jitsu highlight videos, and some tourney videos, plus some ADCC tourney grappling vids on youtube, then look up Judo videos.
See which one interests you the most.
Jiu Jitsu is a bit more practical as far as actual fighting goes though, but Judo is still pretty badass ass- just look up olympic judo highlights.
>>
>>34881702
Boxing isnt for you, thats fine. Dont worry about it. Just do it for the fitness, nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>34883768
How can Jiu jitsu be more practical than judo?
>>
>>34883993
>>34883993
Have you ever heard of anyone winning a streetfight by slamming a guy in the ground? No.
>>
>>34883768
You mean ACDC videos senpai.
>>
>>34881702
>I don't won't to hurt someone and I don't want to get punched
So you're a faggot who can't stand striking

I hope you don't have a shit temper cause you will never be able to back it up
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg.cf.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg.cf.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>34884089
>I'll have you know, I've won many fights by doing just so.
>>
>>34881702
Goal body desu
>>
>>34881702
Why did you get into boxing in the first place then?
>>
I did the exact same thing. Boxed for doc months then quit. I loved the workouts but hated getting hit in the head, and didn't have the desire to do hard sparring. Eventually I dropped it and just started lifting more. No regrets.
>>
I'm an amateur fighter
I love it when fags like you quit
>>
>>34881845
judo is great.
they have a completely different ground game.

lots of working out of "turtle" position.

its a lot more explosive, aimed at standing back up, rather than being a human octopus and submissions.

i prefer it, but i will admit it is less pragmatic when IRL fighting.

but i don't irl fight anyways...

but rhonda rousey demonstrates how effective judo is against people who are mediocre at fighting.
>>
>>34884089
go into a judo dojo, and tell them that you can't win a fight by slamming someone to the ground.

even with padding they will slam you so hard you won't be able to breathe or function for a good 2 minutes.

against pavement or concrete, that could easily cause concussion, fractured rips, and probably much more severe injuries 2bh.
>>
I'm an amateur boxer and even I get fed up with it and have to take a break for a few months every so often
>>
>>34884218
>i fight in a boxing ring in some hodunk gym in a literal nowhere city
where you train, faggot?

don't you think silva wants everyone to make it?
he even tolerated steven seagull's nonsense bullshit-fu.
>>
Can one learn to box if ou have to bad vision? Contacts I imagine are a no go. I could see his face and body an hands and stuff but I would likely lose some small details particularly facial expressions etc
>>
>>34884089
are you fucking retarded? that happens all the time. a solid throw on concrete can even kill someone.
>>
>>34883768
Judo is definitely more practical for a real fight

>>34884089
I remember seeing an article where a cheerleader stopped a purse snapper with judo. Keked heartily.

Conversely, have you ever heard of someone winning a street fight by pulling guard?

Not a good idea m8. Might get lucky, but a good throw is a lot better idea.

>>34885319
>Working out of turtle position

Lol. They don't work out of turtle position bro. They turtle up and hope the other person can't do anything until the ref stands them back up.
>>
File: 1446437339178.jpg (68 KB, 232x288) Image search: [Google]
1446437339178.jpg
68 KB, 232x288
>>34885349
I'm with >>34884218

Shit-asses need to leave. I've been an amateur competitor for 4 1/2 years and I live in Austin so it's not some dust bowl. That being said I have seen so many of my hobbies fucking destroyed by people with no real interest or passion for it come in and try to dumb it down or make it more suitable to their needs.

It's like when Planet Fitness was built (albeit I appreciate Planet Fitness for it's containment building qualities), or when women realized they needed to start playing videogames to keep the general male populace's attention, or when you go into the gym and someone is using a dip-assist as a leg press and all you want is for them to leave and to have the useful and much needed space back in the hands of people who can use it effectively.
>>
>>34885377
Honestly, until you get a corrective operation, I wouldn't recommend it. It's a sad story but in the ring you need to be vigilant of everything.

I mean, if you trust your vision then there's no sense in not trying. I know my gym let's people in on sparring days for the $15 1-day fee and after they sign the waiver. You can tell get a feel for things and if you can't make out the feet, hand positions, and head movements, then it probably won't work out. Sorry anon ;_;7
>>
I boxed for about a year. I stopped, mostly because of concussion related issues. By my own estimation, I've had about four total, plus countless other mild ones thanks to high school football. It was fun, but I got what I needed out of it. Besides, I felt pretty weak being like 170. 210 now btw
>>
>>34885512
also i like being hit. if i could get hit with no lingering issues with my brain, i would probably still be boxing
>>
>>34883768
>Jiu Jitsu is a bit more practical as far as actual fighting goes though

You fucking idiot. How can complicity lying on the floor and pulling guard be practical when your opponent or one of his mates won't agree to lie on top of you and decide to stamp on your face instead? BJJ'ers are useless at takedowns unless they've trained another martial art.

Meanwhile, a good Judo throw onto concrete can a) wind your opponent b) cripple your opponent c) kill your opponent and also leaves you standing so that you don't have to get a shoeing on the floor. If you did decide to take it to the ground then Judo groundwork has more than enough submissions, chokes, and holds to work against any opponent and Judoka actually train to transition into those positions explosively and quickly from a throw.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.