[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone use the strarting strength app? seems rudimentary but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: starting_strength_app_b_300.jpg (63 KB, 300x533) Image search: [Google]
starting_strength_app_b_300.jpg
63 KB, 300x533
anyone use the strarting strength app?

seems rudimentary but does the job
>>
>>34881270
Anyone know how to use pen and paper?

Seems rudimentary but does the job
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 300x220
>>34881270
I'm just gonna hop in so I don't have to make a whole new thread.

Would you guys recommend SS if I've been lifting already?

Like 270 squat and 200 bench for 5x5

Could I still expect the amount of linear gains he promises not being a complete beginner but just a kind of beginner?
>>
>>34881314

You can give it a try. You can still make some progress with it, that's for sure.

If it doesn't give you as much progress as expected, you can try the texas method.
>>
>>34881314

some people say texas method.

SS is more for novice, and then you change to texas method.

texas method to me looks like same SS lifts, just they mess with the volume and rep max ranges to give an "active" rest period
>>
File: rogan_f.jpg (74 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
rogan_f.jpg
74 KB, 600x400
>>34881307
>Anyone know how to use pen and paper?

thast fucking stupid.

people carry their phones around everywhere; why the fuck would you additionally carry a pen and paper to the gym. seems fucking annoying and retarded

thanks
>>
>>34881389
>>34881523
Thanks I'll look into that
>>
>>34881597
>Thanks I'll look into that

i'll fuck u up bro
>>
I bought it just to see it. I'm did my SS progression years ago now.

It is a solid app and gives you pretty good instructions on the lifts that you can use on the fly, assuming you have read the book already.
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 445x878) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 445x878
>>34881625
me irl
>>
File: nov11_2015.jpg (29 KB, 467x384) Image search: [Google]
nov11_2015.jpg
29 KB, 467x384
>>34881733

dude, your abs aren't even even. means it will hurt more when i punch you in the liver

me irl
>>
File: 1442194985165.jpg (126 KB, 370x737) Image search: [Google]
1442194985165.jpg
126 KB, 370x737
>>34881307

The SS app has a small compilation of the book, so you can check your form, revise the steps for each lift, etc. It's pretty handy.
>>
Has the SS meme gone too far?
>>
I use the free SL app to track my SS progress

It works perfectly, I just put the last 2 sets (since it's made for 5x5 instead of 3x5) as automatic fives

It doesn't have the info that comes with the SS app but I've read the book
>>
>>34881314
time for madcow bro.
>>
>>34881314
Are you strong? If no do a linear progression program like SS. If linear progression doesn't work and you've followed the program you're too advanced for SS. If you're not too advanced you get faster strength gains than anything else with less faffing
>>
what program should i switch to? Pretty much finished SL, linear progress has stopped but im over 4/3/2/1. I need something 3/4 days a week mainly for strength and need off days for cardio to get ready for sport
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.