[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Switch from SS to 5/3/1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: images-3.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Is this logic sound?

It's time to stop SS when you're not making progress.

Progress on 5/3/1 is pretty much fixed at 10/5 pounds lower/upper body every 4 weeks.

Switch from SS to 5/3/1 when progress drops below that.

I'm still progressing on SS but its starting to slow so planning my next move.
>>
No, its fucking stupid unless you literally don't care about becoming stronger and only want to maintain lifts and go maybe 5lbs stronger in 3 months. 5/3/1 is for people who don't have enough time for the gym. You would know this if you actually read the book instead of just picking a cool sounding name, you worthless faggot.
>>
>>34881218
go texas,or sheiko
>>
I did 780 in dl with 531 so I gues it work quite good for me
>>
>>34881315
>I did 780 dl on steroids
Fixed for you
>>
Yeah, don't jump right into 5/3/1. You'll still make progress, but a whole hell of a lot slower than you are able.

Give Texas Method a try. Volume Day is a bitch, so eat and sleep well.
>>
>>34881250
You're part right and part retarded.

At its simplest, trainees will add 5 pounds to press and bench press and 10 pounds to squat and deadlift, PER MONTH.

5/3/1 has so many templates that you can spend as little as 30 minutes or as much as 120 minutes in the gym.
>>
File: 1442194985181.jpg (92 KB, 389x614) Image search: [Google]
1442194985181.jpg
92 KB, 389x614
>>34881218

Yes that's a standard routine change. But 5/3/1 has pretty slow progress compared to SS, so make sure you're really ready to switch.

Another popular option is texas method. It has faster progression than 5/3/1, so you can switch to it from SS without worrying too much.
>>
5/3/1 can be very good for intermediates, don't hear the faggets above. You can just calculate your PR again after a cicle instead of adding only a few pounds. I did so and I made great strength days. Read the book, do joker and first last sets, be smart with assistence.

Or do texas method. Maybe you can make gains faster. In the long run it doesn't matter at all. Again, read the book.
>>
OP here.

Thanks all, sounds like Texas method is worth considering also.

I'll still be on SS for a little while so I'll look further into both options before deciding, read the books etc.

Cheers
>>
SS >> Greyskull >> 531
>>
SS is a novice linear progression, you want to do an intermediate linear progression after SS. Texas Method is the goto program for this.

Once you have run out Texas Method 5/3/1 might be something you look at.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.