[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toning the upper body
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: picrelated.jpg (32 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.jpg
32 KB, 250x375
Ok, /fit/, what is the best way to tone the upper body?

I've been doing serious curls, chest presses of many forms, chest flys, as well as numerous agility workouts that are ab workouts and chest workouts..

Yet I have little spots of "flab" on my chest and stomach. I'm not fat, I'm in well shape. However, my upperbody is nothing close to being toned and being close to pic related.

Some of my friends take steriods and tone up in a coupe weeks, but I'm not going down that road. What is a way I can really tone my upper body, both chest and stomach, and just have a solid chest/stomach that would make bitches squeal.

>my legs are taken care of because I ride mike back ~30 miles a day and always run

It's just my upper body i need to work on! any tips or workouts I can do? What is the time frame I shouuld expect
>>
>>34881001
Cut to a 18 BMI and do a split.
>>
>>34881001
>my legs are taken care of because I ride mike back

Mike is my favorite power bottom.
>>
nice b8 m8
>>
>>34881001
Just cut.
>>
>>34881010
My BMI as of now is 22. Can you rephrase what you're trying to say
>>
>>34881014
my bike* kek
>>34881015
not bait,
>>34881021
Got any workout ideas? Pretty new to the whole "cutting", never did it before
>>
File: smiling adam.jpg (77 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
smiling adam.jpg
77 KB, 400x533
>>34881001
>I ride mike back

Lucky Mike.
>>
>>34881046
Ok, you got the typo. Nice.
>>
Post a fucking picture OP, odds are that you're doing everything ass backwards.

You clearly don't know anything based only on how you've phrased your questions.

So post a current pic and your current lifts.
>>
>>34881028
1. Calculate TDEE.
2. Eat 500 kcals below TDEE.
3. While doing this go on hour long walks every day while also doing a good strength training split. Go for hypertrophy.
4. Stop cutting when you like the look of your body.
>>
>>34881040
it's diet, you fucking lard.
>>
>>34881065
Thank you!
>>34881057
alright, give me a minute, I'll compile something up for you guys
>>
File: cbt.png (350 KB, 854x469) Image search: [Google]
cbt.png
350 KB, 854x469
>>34881057
here you go
>>
OP you probably didn't read the sticky....
Diet?
Routine?
Weight?
Height?
>>
File: tdee.png (7 KB, 345x83) Image search: [Google]
tdee.png
7 KB, 345x83
>>34881065
Here's what I got.. but I don't eat anything close to 3k+ calories as it is.. I've always eaten around 1800 calories a day.
>>
>>34881110
>>34881122
>1,800 calories a day

you're lying to yourself. actually start counting your calories.
>>
>>34881146
>you're lying to yourself.
i got my bodyfat measured by a wellness expert.
im at 13%,and he told me abs show at 12%, so i feel im very close to my goal
>>
>>34881116
Honestly, I dont like the sticky. I'd rather talk about it with other people..

>Diet
Morning: Eggs, Sausage or Bacon, Bread + OJ
Lunch: Homemade sliced chicken breast sandwich + mustard + 4 (small) chips ahoy cookies

Dinner:
Spaghetti with 4 cheese sauce + cheese on top + carrots + milk
or
home cooked chicken + vegetables + white rice

Some days I'll eat out, but it'll only be something like a Chipotle burrito. Never eat at McDonalds, Wendy's, etc...

>Routine:
Ride my bike ~4 miles to gym
Stretch out, then start warming up on the row machine for about 5-10 minutes until I break a good sweat
My gym has a rope climb machine, I hit that for 8-10 minutes adjusting the levels as I go
This is my warmup, after that I start my curls - 25lbs dumbells in each arm.
>first set: 25 reps
>2nd set: 15 reps
>3rd set: as many as I can, usually 10-12
Then I start curling with the 40lb bar same amount of reps and sets
I then start bench pressing with the 45lb bar, 3 sets, as many as possible each set.
After this, I either do chest flys with the dumbbells, but never feel it so i move to the machine and will do 3 sets 15 reps each at about 70-90lbs cumulative weight
After that, I will stretch and walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes then ride back the 4 miles home

I do this about 3-4 times a week.

With my athletic team, I workout from 3:30-5:15 and we do kinesthetic stretches and squats, as well as foot work and med ball workouts. We do a lot, a lot, of sprinting and ab workouts. This kicks my butt, but I'm getting better.

I've been doing this workout for almost 2 weeks now.

>Weight
194.5lbs last time I checked
>Height
6 feet, 2 inches
>>
>>34881110
jason pls
>>
>>34881197
>>34881110
>>34881146
THIS IS NOT ME, some fag is pretending to be me
I will go take a mirror pic with time stamp for /fit/ in a minute.
>>
>>34881001
>toned
>ab workouts
>spots of flab I cant get rid of
>toned
>I ride bike and always run

you need to
>tone
down your bait buzzwords
>>
>>34881197
He is lying to you badly.

You are easily 20% body fat. Your diet is obviously awful.

Post daily diet. You need to count calouries and loose alot of fat.
>>
>>34881223
This is not me.
>>
File: tryingtotone.jpg (20 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
tryingtotone.jpg
20 KB, 555x555
>>34881284
Bro, I just said this wasn't me.
My routine/diet/weight/height is here:
>>34881208
And pic related, what I currently look like WITH time stamp.
>>
>>34881110
Does Blaha really have Warhammer Fantasy art on his fucking walls?
>>
>>34881373
>>34881373
You look like shit desu senpai. You should probably eat at maintenance and hit the weights hard for like 6 months before you even think about a bulk or cut.
>>
>>34881428
I would take that as an insult if I had any idea of what your inbred ass is trying to say. Seriously, wtf are you tyring to say?
>>
>>34881373
I'm going to try to be gentle, but you've obviously had a long standing case of fuckarounditis.

All the flyes, presses, and curls have gotten you nowhere. If you've been doing them for more than a couple months you should rightly feel disheartened.

There is good news, though: There are several novice lifting programs that could and should get on to see the results you're looking for.

SS, SL, Greyskull, ICF, find one and commit to doing it for at least four months. Eat appropriately (that's going to mean a surplus) and hit the gym religiously.

Your lifts will go up immediately and you'll achieve noticeable (to you) appearance gains starting three months in.

You gotta cut out what you've been doing, though.
>>
>>34881373

Sorry i thought it was you.

In relation to your actual pic you are about 18% body fat as you have no abdominal definition.

Your diet and training program are very poor.

You need to remove carbs from all your meals except your pre workout meal and your post workout meal. So stick with protein and fat for the rest of your meals.

Remove pasta and bread. Also your routine is not great and that is putting it nicely. Get on a proper program, Obviously not SS but something like 5-3-1. Make sure you follow a PROGRAM not make it up yourself
>>
>>34881373
Far out, you're entire original post could've been summed up with this pic or "I look like your average skinnyfat".

Cut and hop on a split or fullbody workout for about a year and noobgains alone + being lean will get you close to where you want to be (which is like ottermode lite in my opinion)
>>
>>34881466
>>34881464
Thanks!
What is a good program?
>>
>>34881493
>skinnyfat
haha, never heard that one. I'lll work on your advice, though. Thanks
>>
>>34881505
>What is a good program?

*sighs*

SS, SL, Greyskull, ICF.

Check them all out and see which one appeals to you most.

The good program is the one that you'll do.

>inb4 someone points out that 3x5 and 5x5 are different.
For OP it won't matter.
>>
>>34881530
Ok, I'll look into that. So you think I can really achieve a "beach" body with these programs?
>>
>>34881574
holy shit read the sticky u fucking mongoloid
>>
>>34881574

If you keep eating what you eat now. NO

If you fix what you are eating and massively clean up your diet then yes the programs that the other poster gave you then yes. I personlly would read up on Greyskull, ICF, and 5-3-1.
>>
>>34881574
>So you think I can really achieve a "beach" body with these programs?

Absolutely not.

But using them as a starting point, you'll develop the strength base to have a "beach body" in time.
>>
>>34881623
I didn't think my diet was that bad. What do I need to fix?
>>34881624
Thank you
>>
>>34881574
Holy shit can you stop sounding like a clickbait article for one fucking second

Just do the programs and see where they get you. Stop asking so many god damn questions and go pick up that fucking barbell
>>
>>34881680
Ok, faggot, thanks
>>
>Diet
Morning: Eggs, Sausage or Bacon, Bread + OJ
Lunch: Homemade sliced chicken breast sandwich + mustard + 4 (small) chips ahoy cookies

Dinner:
Spaghetti with 4 cheese sauce + cheese on top + carrots + milk
or
home cooked chicken + vegetables + white rice

Some days I'll eat out, but it'll only be something like a Chipotle burrito. Never eat at McDonalds, Wendy's, etc...

Change your diet to this

>Diet
Morning: 6 egg whites with 4 egg yolks
1 cup spinach or onions or both + garlic if you want

Lunch: chicken breast 6 ounces raw + 1 cup of some kind of green vegetables + 10-15 grams of some kind of fat. So 50grams of avocardo or 10-15 grams of coconut oil, olive oil or avocardo oil,. whatever you want

Pre workout meal. 40 grams protein powder 40 grams carbs (somehting like cream of rice) 1 tablespoon nut butter

Dinner:
Home cooked chicken 6 ounces uncooked + vegetables 1-2 cups + white rice - 1 Cup cooked

Some days I'll eat out, but it'll only be something like a Chipotle burrito. Never eat at McDonalds, Wendy's, etc... Only have ONE cheat meal EVERY WEEK.
>>
>>34881768
Thank you very much for this! Screenshotted.

I don't know about the raw chicken breast. I prefer it cooked.
>>
>>34881792

Haha thats when you weigh it. Once you cook it it will probs be closer to 4 ounces. Just easier to weigh it raw, unless you do meal prep and cook it in bulk
>>
>>34881826
Oh, haha alright. I got you. thanks. How long do you think it will take to tone down with this meal routine
>>
Just bulk on a good beginner program and don't neglect your upper body.
Put on 1 lb per week for like 3 months, Then you can cut back on the eating

Your OP image has about 5 lbs more muscle on his upper body alone.
If you want that body you'll need to add 10 lbs of muscle to your whole and DONT NEGLECT ARMS AND CHEST.

SQUEEZE those fucking 2x10 accessory movements and make those 2-3 x weekly bench and row sessions COUNT if you're running Starting Strength or any other beginner 5x5.

After you slap on 10 lbs of meat, it will likely be over 5 months from this day. Your weight will be up 20 lbs.

You'll need to cut. Look into questionably legal fat burners which are featured on our very own /fraud/ threads if you want to cut more efficiently.

Thankya m8
>>
>>34881903
Sketchy ass advice, but will still take into consideration. Thank you!
>>
>>34881842
You are about 18% now. Assuming you train VERY hard and eat what I wrote you should loose about 1% a week, obvioulsy you could loose more.

This would mean you are looking at about 8-12 weeks to get down to 9-10% body fat. Then you can reverse diet and add muscle not fat and then you will be bigger than your OP picture
>>
>>34881373
>373▶>>34881428 >>34881464 >>34881466 >>34881493
>File: tryingtotone.jpg (20 KB, 555x555)

SS+GOMAD
>>
>toning

People falling for this troll thread.
>>
>>34881930
Great to hear, thank you! I will train very hard, following all the advice I've gotten and continue to get. Thanks!
>>
File: Untitled.png (98 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
98 KB, 1632x1224
>>34881373

and another one for the klinefelter's folder

gotta catch 'em all
>>
>>34881957
kek not sure if I should laugh or be insulted
>>
File: 1386369770942.jpg (43 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
1386369770942.jpg
43 KB, 699x637
>>34881001
>toning
>serious curls
>I'm in well shape
>>
Can it please be made so that you can't make posts if you haven't read the sticky at least once.
>>
>>34882105
He's baiting. Young people do not use words like tone and 'in well shape'
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.