[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you speak to the other regulars at the gym? ive been going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12
File: csm_B8small_9e3ecc74c3.jpg (105 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
csm_B8small_9e3ecc74c3.jpg
105 KB, 800x534
do you speak to the other regulars at the gym?
ive been going to this gym for 9 months and been keeping myself to myself
>>
Recently a lot of people started to talk to me during my training and I don't even know why.
>>
Keep to myself, I'll say hello to those I've seen for some time.

I can't really talk to anyone if I could because I'm on a time limit, hit the gym and off to work.
>>
Really really hate talking at the gym.

Not trying to act cool or brag but IM one of the biggest dudes there. I constantly get little lost looks like they expect me to talk to them.

I give nods and move on. IM there to work out. Even hot chicks I tend to ignore because guys who sit arund and gawk at girls annoy the fuck out of me.
>>
i dont talk to people.

but i have no friends or gf.

people that are good with people will just meet them wherever, gym or no gym
>>
>>34880534

No, but theres this lady that has to be like 50-55 thats in there 6 days a week lifting and going hard on the spin bikes. Shes short and has a hard body and really turns me on. Only downside is she wears vibrams but i love older women. I want to chat her up
>>
The gym is me-time. Didn't pay to socialize.
>>
For the first 10 or so months I only said hello to people. The past month I've been trying to have convos with them. I can talk to all the regulars now and I've actually been invited out with them once or twice

>t-thanks starting social
>>
File: 4L_3fWC9p0G.jpg (31 KB, 720x290) Image search: [Google]
4L_3fWC9p0G.jpg
31 KB, 720x290
Head not to regs, avoid everyone else
>>
>>34880534
I go to a 24 hour gym close to my house.

Usually I just go when nobody else is there but if someone happens to drop by at a weird hour like me I just go to the bathroom and pretend to masturbate until they leave.

Been going for slightly over two years.
>>
>>34880534
same gym for about 3 years and i've barely spoken to any of the regulars, i'm just not a sociable person. we give each other the head nod and i don't mind asking them for a spot/ visa versa but that's it.
>>
i talk to newbies who come near me, all the regulars are quiet autisms
>>
No I don't like socializing in the gym.
>>
>>34880534
never.
Just something like "3 sets left" blablabla
>>
> gym today
> regular stalling on lmao4pl8 Diddy lifts
> come up behind him and slap his shoulder
>"come on man you can do it, this weight ain't shit"
> smiles at me and goes for it, locks that shit out
> gives me a smile, I give him a thumbs up of approval
> he's gonna make it brehs

Normally I don't do that and keep to myself but there was only a few people there and he seemed pretty bro
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 494x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 494x750
I don't talk to anyone.
>>
I would but most of the regulars at my gym are insufferable faggots.

>nobody re-racks their weights, ever
>treat the gym like their personal garage
>get pissy when I ask to use a bench they have their phone and their shake sitting on

All this at my neighborhood "old school powerlifting gym." The only guy I talk to is over 50 and is pretty cool.
>>
really rarely unless its to ask if they are finishing soon or if they are using something I need.
Though everyone else but me at the gym seems to be chatty
>>
>>34880534
I only talk to Indians and Asian manlets who think lifting 10lbs at one hand can make him changed
It's rather bossing and bullying than talking tho
>>
File: 1396705716226.png (2 MB, 3500x4194) Image search: [Google]
1396705716226.png
2 MB, 3500x4194
>been doing nofap for a month
>start feeling confident
>walk into gym
>see a 8/10 cardio bunny that has checked me out before
>go up to her and ask for her number
>she says shes gay

What the absolute fuck /fit, I know she isn't gay because I saw her checking me out. I would stare at her from across the room and she would be acting shy and looking away, she's just making this shit up. What do i do?
>>
>>34882392
>What do i do?

let her see you pick up other chicks
>>
File: 1431924006199.jpg (32 KB, 300x305) Image search: [Google]
1431924006199.jpg
32 KB, 300x305
>>34882392
Maybe she just miring your physique. I watch jacked dudes doing stuff mirin their gains. Doesn't mean I'm attracted to them.
>>
>>34882858
>constanzabat.jpg
>>
>>34880534
Sometimes I'll make small talk with people at my uni gym as we wait for a squat rack. 4 racks for a school of 13000 kids means you end up waiting a lot unless you go in the middle of the day or after midnight.
>>
I don't understand how anyone can go to the gym and not socialize. I prefer to go to the gym with a friend or two. But if I do end up going alone, I usually strike up conversations with other ladies on the treadmill. I couldn't live a lonely existence!
>>
There is this old serbian grandpa, who looks like hed done his share of lifting in his youth, always smiles at me and drops weird-ass wisdoms about how to lift i dont even understand them completly because he is so bad at german. He usually goes something like: "yeah you young people lift lots of biceps but its more important to do pushups"
and i usually go: "ah alright. so what are you doing today?"
dont even know why he started talking to me, but its probably because iam a slav too.
>>
>>34880534
I go to the gym at 11pm just so I don't have to talk to people.

Even when I have my headphones in someone will just start randomly talking to me. Fuck you, go away.
>>
>>34882392
did you chat her up before or just say hi, gimme yo number hoe.
>>
>>34880534
Kinda have to since im going to a cross fit gym.
>>
>>34880562
ive had the same shit
literally a few weeks ago i started doing strength routines, doing like 4 plates squat and shit and almost everyday now i have someone chat me up asking my routine or saying "jesus thats alot of weight"

The thing is ive been there for like a year and a half now and just recently they start talking to me

feels good but kinda weird and annoying
>>
>>34883000
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>34883318

cross fit gyms are full of normies its a community rather than actual lifting plus a scam because they charge people exortionert membership fees
>>
>>34883368

extortionate*
>>
>>34880641
>even hot chicks I tend to ignore
Okay cool guy
>>
File: jonworry.gif (4 MB, 406x339) Image search: [Google]
jonworry.gif
4 MB, 406x339
>>34880534
I want to make gym bros but they all just glare at me like I fucking killed their mom or something.
feelsbad
>>
>>34883545
What's the deal with this neckbeard I see posted often ?
Is he some popular YouTube kid?
I hate his ugly fat face
>>
>>34880534
I rarely approach people but when I do they are the kind of people who knows what they are doing in the gym. People started approaching me though.
>>
>>34883562
He did videos on youtube with Jack White and an Alien from Area 51 a couple of years ago.
>>
File: 1422502197700.jpg (8 KB, 196x200) Image search: [Google]
1422502197700.jpg
8 KB, 196x200
I don't really talk to anyone, sometimes smile/head nod at people that I see multiple times. If I see someone finish a set they're really struggling with and we make eye contact I put on a son-I-am-proud face. Otherwise no, I'm there to lift. Gotta get in and out before my next lecture.

If there's a lot of guys looking at/making eye contact with a grill lifting, is it usually just because she's a grill or would that only be if she looks like a fuckwit majorly messing up her form?
>>
File: kumiko_wat_do.gif (1 MB, 390x317) Image search: [Google]
kumiko_wat_do.gif
1 MB, 390x317
>at uni gym
>see a prof of mine oh the row machine
>we exchange smiles
>see a student I TA
>we exchange brief greetings
>occasionally spot each other
Thank god no spaghetti was spilled yet
>>
there is this guy that my friend and i ALWAYS see at my gym in the morning.
made awkward eye contact multiple times, but never said anything
i want to say hi
>>
Im cool with one older dude who looks like he roids, only cause we are both alumnus of the same university.

The PTs hate me cause I told them their a waste of money when I first joined and they offered a pt session for $120. One of the PTs is a qt womanlet with a phat ass that I want to bang though.
>>
>>34880659

I have vibrams (I've used them about twice ever).

I sent a picture of me wearing them to a chick i was talking to online just to see what she would say. She was quite rightly disgusted but she turned out to be about 300lb so I was quite rightly disgusted too.
>>
The regulars were helpful from day one and they know all my gym buddies so I've become good acquaintances with them over time
>>
>>34880534
I started by saying hi to other regulars that were there at the same time I was, usually a nod or an actual verbal hello. Eventually I started conversing with some of the regulars, and now hang out with some of them.
>>
>>34883379

40 bucks open gym, get to do my oly and gymnastics.
>>
File: 1445366564587.gif (4 MB, 480x395) Image search: [Google]
1445366564587.gif
4 MB, 480x395
The most I usually do is ask people questions when needed, or just anything polite like saying excuse me if I have to cross infront of someone.

I had a real awkward moment the other day where I was doing DB shoulder presses and they got too heavy so I tossed them down, they bounced more then I expected and almost hit some ladies walking by's feet. A bunch of people stared at me silently like I just tried killing them or something.
>>
>>34883472
'nice guy' detected
>>
>>34881636
Hahaha a group of gym bunnies like that would probably get all the attention in the club, wouldn't it?
>>
>>34880534
I go with the very early morning crowd. We are ~10 regulars and the occasional new face.

Not so much talking, more courtesy nods and the occasional "need a spot?", "good set", "hey bro, whats up?" etc etc

Once, I was out of the gym for 2 months due to injury.
When I got back, all the regulars welcomed me back, asked where I've been and so on. It was nice.
>>
I speak and spot 3 other guys, and they spot me.

We're the only ones there who do Olympics lifts. Everybody else uses the machines.

There's another dude who uses the power cage, but he's an autist with backne.
>>
>>34880534
I've been going to the same gym for 6 years and I barely spoke to any of the regulars.
I just go in, work out, get out.
>>
I'm too anti-social to talk to any other regulars at the gym who are probably as busy as I am doing what they paid for.
>>
I'm quite hardworking / focuses in the gym so other than a knowing nod, "you using this mate" , "need a spot?" Etc I don't. But then I've known and seen these faces for like 2 years now. Also see a fair amount of the guys at work , part of living in a small town and going to a small gym I guess.
>>
>>34887678
Oh and also im otter mode as fuck so I see some dudes legit eye raping my ass. I don't care tho I'm a runner so I'm only in the gym 3 times a week for some resistance training etc
>>
>>34882946
Does he carry an accordion with him?
>>
>>34880534
My mine site work gym is full of roiding Manlet underground miners so no
>>
I don't like chatting while I'm working out, I nod or say hello to the regulars I see often, but never start a convo with them. Sometimes some regulars chat with me and I respond but try to keep it short.

A few times I've chatted up this cute soccer twink in the locker room after I noticed him mirin' while I was taking a shower. Just mostly chat with him to tease.

I also had a few gym buddies I was helping get started, but I tend to avoid going to the gym with them since it takes fucking forever to do anything with them blabbering all the fucking time.
>>
>>34882946
He's right. Trying to prevent curlbroism.
>>
>>34887693
So like real life dwarves?
>>
>>34883562
Jontron. Youtuber. Reviews video games. Funny.
>>
File: 1416260330498.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
1416260330498.png
142 KB, 415x367
>>34884361
>leave free weight area to refill water bottle
>see dissertation supervisor on a treadmill
>rush to refill bottle so he doesn't see me

i ain't ready for that shit
>>
>>34880534
I work out in the mornings nd lots of older guys so i say hello they say hello to me. They think im crazy because of my age nd my want to look like arnold
>>
>>34880534
I'll chat with the lads if I feel like it or if someone talks to me, but I usually prefer to keep quiet and just enjoy myself.
>>
nah, i'm either training with my gymbro or with headphones
>>
File: breee.jpg (14 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
breee.jpg
14 KB, 236x177
Don't really talk to anyone except for the standard "need a spot" or "you using this bro".
But the other day was flexing in the bathroom and some guy goes to me "nice man, serious progress" and be getting mired on my progress.
Alot of regulars so we all know how we're progressing.
>>
>>34880534
>talking leads to friends
>friends lead to hanging out
>hanging out leads to eat lunch or dinner
>lunch or dinner is buffalo wild wings or fast food
I'm not going to throw away my gains while my gym friend fucks me in the ass after greasy foreplay.
>>
>>34888116
Ate bdubs yesterday. Like 3k calories in one hour. I'm shitting my brains as we speak
>>
>>34881636
>starting social
Sauce?
>>
Why would I speak to strangers?

Fucking Americans are weird.
>>
When I used to go to uni gym I inevitably got to know some people there. Generally people go at the same time each week and after a month or so of crossing paths we'd make small talk or something. I don't really care either way, most people I talked to were more focused on their workout and so was i
>>
Some regulars get a downward nod from me.
Nobody gets the upward nod yet.
>>
>>34880534
There is no reason to ever talk about something not related to someone's workout.
That said, you don't have to look like a grumpy cunt like I see half the regulars and nearly all the new guys do.
Just a friendly >could you spot me two sets?
isn't that hard.
Something like >the squat rack is not entirely aligned with the mirror and I notice it's giving me bad form, could you help me align it correctly?
isn't that hard.
This isn't rocket science people.
>>
>>34882098
I hope you don't mean
>brah yo deadlift form is whack
I know people mean well, but since you can never tell if you might be that guy, it's never worth the risk. Just let 'em snap their shit up.
>>
>>34880534
Is it annoying when a group of bros work out together as a team at the gym?
A lot of you seem like you go on your own. I do too.
>>
>>34884756
okay m8, that's literally four times my gym membership and my gym is comfy as fuck, with a dedicated oly room to keep the crossfitters out.
>>
>>34881839
>pretend to masturbate
how is this preferable
>>
File: 1440813994578.jpg (34 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
1440813994578.jpg
34 KB, 535x462
>>34882858
Okay pal.
>>
>>34887139
Same here brah. 2 old dudes, a dad and son, a middle aged grill with a fat ass and one douche who wears shit like long shorts, tank top with a beanie. Wtf. I joke with the old dudes and always make eye contact and smile with the chick. Other than that I keep to myself.
>>
>>34880534
nah, maybe a nod at most
I occasionally say "hello" and "bye" to the receptionist but that's about it
silence suits me
>>
>>34882392
>>34882858
It's natural to be enthralled at the beauty of the male physique regardless of sexual desire. I always lose my gaze to some of the regulars I've grown to appreciate. It's a little awkward when they notice but it's so hard to turn away. Besides, even if you're on a diet (not being gay), there's no reason not to enjoy the look, smell and craft of certain foods and deserts (attractive men).
>>
>>34882241
Ever
>>
No, I don't want to be friends with tattoo'ed plebs who are mostly in my gym
>>
>>34888764
>The squat rack is not aligned with the mirror

holy shit you sound like a bitch
>>
>>34880534
I got a few peoples there. Mostly just exchange nods or daps and keep lifting. I like getting my shit done asap. If its a girl I'll start a conversation
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.