[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started going to the gym, measured bodyfat percentage of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (748 KB, 2049x1990) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
748 KB, 2049x1990
Just started going to the gym, measured bodyfat percentage of 29%; been going to the gym for a month now, three times a week. My questions for you folks are:

1. How long does it approx. take to reach a body fat percentage of approx. 15%?

2. Will there be loose skin?
>>
>>34879412
1. Depends on how committed you are to exercise and diet. Can take as little as 6 months, as large as many years.
2. Depends on how fast you lost the weight (desu senpai I dunno, this may be a meme).
>>
>>34879412
If you will eat clean, and calorie intake<calories burned, about 6-8 months.
Nope, there will be no loose skin

keep working skinnyfat
>>
>>34879412
bump
>>
File: 6zsbo9.gif (782 KB, 490x276) Image search: [Google]
6zsbo9.gif
782 KB, 490x276
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
How effectively skin tightens up is likely genetic senpai
>>
How long depends more on absolute fat mass, rather than relative, because generally you lose from 1 to 2 pounds a week. Percentage is only barely relevant: it's just that it's slightly easier to diet harder and lose weight faster when you're higher body fat than lower.

So working through an example: If you're 190lbs and 29% body fat now, you have around 135lbs lean mass (average to to high-ish). So at 15% body fat you'd weigh around 160lbs. That's 30 pounds of fat you'd need to lose. At a week a piece, that'd be around 7 months, though at 29% body fat, you should be able to lose the first few pounds a bit faster than that, so call it 6 months.

The formula for desired weight is
lean mass / decimal lean mass proportion = total mass
Lean mass proportion is of course
1-decimal body fat proportion
So .85 for 15% body fat. So to find desired final weight, find your lean mass, then do
(lean mass)/.85

This of course assumes you don't add lean mass as you go, which will increase your final weight. As a beginner, there's a chance you'll add as much as 10lbs lean mass during your first six months (about 11.7lbs more final weight). Though it'll probably be a little less.
>>
>>34879412
Holy king of skinny fats
>>
>>34879412
sup denim dan
>>
solid
>>
>>34879412
Holy shit
Are you the skinny fat Mexican from fa years ago
You used to always wear those jeans
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.