[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SQuaT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1446880833488.jpg (35 KB, 758x960) Image search: [Google]
1446880833488.jpg
35 KB, 758x960
When I squat I can feel it in my hip flexors alot
they seem to fatigue faster than the rest of my leg
how do I fix it?
its only recently started happening like the last 3 sessions

I do highbar squats
>>
>>34878484

>**I do highbar squats**
Thats ur problem anon
>>
>squatting instead of just running
>>
>>34878497
dont like lowbar squats
i do high bar and will only do highbar
i only do conventional deadlift too
>>
>running instead of walking
>>
>>34878484

Same here, I'm really working on my mobility because it's terrible. I'm on week 6 of SL and did 2 plates and it's the only place I feel it, legs feel fine.
>>
>>34878512
You are probably going too low
>>
How much do you squat OP?
>>
>>34878529

Also, to add on to this, at the end of squatting 2pl8 today I squared 1pl8 while having heels on 10lb plates and was a lot easier for depth. I'm gonna keep working on my mobility and see if it improves soon. Do
>>
>>34878604
Why won't you squat low bar?
>>
>>34878502
what the fuck is this?
go away
>>
>>34878630

I was when I started, I think my mobility or something was so bad I kept messing up my form or something and did semi good mornings. It hurt my back and I felt nothing in my legs. I've been doing this watching videos and trying to watch the mirror. I'm at 2pl8 high bar now, I guess I can try low bar on Friday again and see if it's better
>>
>>34878542
as in deep? i could be i spose
>>
>>34878630
i dont like it i've tryed it and it didnt feel comfortable for one and it dosnt feel as good
to me
plus everyone i talk to says do it because you can squat moer but i dont just want to be able to squat more because i changed my form i want to be able to squat more because im stronger

no offence to low bar people i know its the best for certain body types
>>
do lots of reps on the hip abductor machines
>>
>>34878484

Hey opie, I'm in a similar place. I squatted lowbar for a long time while I was on a linear strength program. I got interested in oly lifts though, and now I only squat high bar. Got to 2pl8 highbar working weight a couple weeks ago. On top of having long legs, my mobility was absolute garbage, and I still need a long warmup to have a good workout. I have the same hip flexor problem and I hear others at the gym complain about it. I do 3 things during squat warmup to make sure I'm strong in bottom position and not letting hip flexors get raped.

Firstly, static hip flexor stretch. Real important to squeeze glute during this. Something like: https://suzannekasparson.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/hip-flexor-stretch.jpg

Secondly, hip warmup. I'm a fan of reverse hypers and bench lunges (holding dumbbells). Also think about investing in a hip circle.

Lastly, this dank ankle stretch: http://i0.wp.com/www.alltheheavylifting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Jon-North-Ankle-Hip-Flexibility-Barbell-Stretch-Squat.jpg

This lets my knees come forward > more upright torso > less hip flexor more hip action coming out of bottom position.

Shoes help a lot.
>>
File: pedestrian.png (531 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
pedestrian.png
531 KB, 620x465
>>34878527
Fellow pedestrian
>>
>>34878542
Last squat sesh went only slightly below 90* and my hip flexors are in pain. Usually do atg btw. Does this make sense?
>>
rectus femoris is part of the quad and also the biggest of the hip flexors so it makes sense if that feels fatigued. fatigue doesnt really matter anything though.

if its pain or some kind of dull sense, things become a bit different. a lot of (new) lifters get whats called anterior femoral glide. eric cressey has a good article on it. tl;dr: shove your knees out more, stop overextending your back. you can also try the hip abduction machine for warmups.
>>
>>34879805
thanks man thats seriously the most helpfull post i've got on this site
>>
>>34879805
if its anterior femoral glide, you shouldnt stretch your hip flexors
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.