[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tired after workout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: Dead tired.jpg (161 KB, 700x552) Image search: [Google]
Dead tired.jpg
161 KB, 700x552
I get extremely tired after workouts. Usually end up sleeping for a few hours every time, but now I fall asleep/collapse at work and in my car. Anything I can do to prevent this? Is it my routine that is messed up or just my pathetic body screwing me over? Anyone else get this, and if you do, what do you do to prevent it?
>>
>>34875295
Drink coffee before
>>
>>34875299
I already do this. Morning coffee, then workout.
>>
>>34875311
Maybe you should see a doctor, do you rest at least 8 hours every night ?
Also, it might be because you let the AC on in the car, and it makes you feel sleepy ?
>>
>>34875295
Small elaboration: I have fallen asleep in the locker of the gym, on a park bench, and standing up while cooking food. Last friday I fell asleep in the car while driving. Dangerous and it really worries me.

WTF nobody else at the gym does this.
>>
>>34875386
I get enough sleep.
And no on the AC,
Doctor might be the answer.
>>
>>34875389
>>34875295
anemia
>>
>>34875401
No, got tested for anemia recently. Have had it in the past, though
>>
>>34875398
When do you go to the gym though ?
Before or after work ?
>>
Substance. Abuse.

OR

Nutritional. Deficit.

The end
>>
>>34875415
Usually I go in the morning, after coffee and breakfast, before work (sleep a bit before my shift)
Have tried to change it to evening sometimes to see if it helps with the tired thing. Didn't help but stopped me feeling too tired at work.
>>
>>34875425
>Substance. Abuse.
Eh no. Don't even do alcohol.
>Nutritional. Deficit.
Might be, but I have had advice from a dietician for most of 2015, so maybe not.
>>
>>34875442
*dietitian
>>
>>34875442
What do you eat in a day exactly?
>>
>>34875475
Yesterday:
Breakfast: oats, blueberries, chia, organic milk, in smoothieform. Lean venison on the side.

Lunch: baked salmon, salat with acidic dressing.

Dinner: Omelett with sweet potato, tomato and spring onions.

snacks: apples and trailmix.

get around 2500-3000 calories in total.
>>
>>34875499
*salad
>>
>>34875499
No vitamin C, B or A. Not a single miligam.
>>
>>34875543
Vitamin A in salmon
vitamin C in salad (lemonjuice) and apples.
Vitamin B in Oats.
...and probably more.
You're joking right?
>>
>>34875550
Also vitamin A in lettuce and spring onions.
>>
I bet you aren't eating half that many calories. That should be a solid diet tho. Double your daily water intake and eat some fucking salt.
>>
>>34875566
>I bet you aren't eating half that many calories
Amounts is key my friend. Also, trail mix with walnuts at 788 cal pr 100 g. Trying to get at least 2500 to avoid loosing gains.

>eat some fucking salt
dehydration I understand, but why salt?
>>
>>34875543
please never give advice.
>>
Op. A crazy hippie lady just recommended me roseroot tea for 'energy'. Should I throw salt on her to see if she is a witch? Also, any more advice from reasonable people? My salt intake is good, but some people told me it is relevant when you eat salt, so should I eat salt after workout or something?
>>
narcolepsy?
>>
>>34876440
>narcolepsy?
This condition has pretty spesific symptoms, from what I can see. Most of them don't fit.
>>
>>34875596
you need salt to live
>>
you're overexerting yourself. just take a few moments to chug down a bunch of water and let your body recover after a workout. it will take time but you will adapt and eventually stop falling asleep
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.