[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that it's been established that meat is as carcinogenic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1394312250960.jpg (73 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1394312250960.jpg
73 KB, 900x675
Now that it's been established that meat is as carcinogenic as tobacco, why haven't you gone vegan?
>>
>>34874945
Shoo shoo brown green man
>>
Because I'm fucking crazy, but I'm not that fucking crazy.
>>
>>34874945
thats easily one of the creepiest pictures ive ever seen. did anybody ever identify what it is?
>>
>>34874945
Or is tobacco as carcogenic as meat?
>>
>>34874989
It's a furby. Fucking furbies. The new ones get mad and scream at you. It's terrifying and hilarious.
>>
>>34874945
It has the same carcinogenic rating maybe. Doesn't mean it's as dangerous as tobacco. Meat for life.
>>
Email
>>
>>34874989
My benefactors have not permitted me to speak about myself on here yet.
>>
saying meat is as carcinogenic as tobacco is like saying a tesla uses energy as much as a hummer.

true but misleading.
>>
>>34877102

Not really
>>
>>34874945
Because I don't care.
Why do vegan keep asking people why they aren't vegan? Isn't it a personal choice?
>>
>>34878575
Yes really, because both statements are true in the absolute sense, i.e. it's true that both meat and tobacco are carcinogenic, and that both a tesla and a hummer use energy.
>>
>>34874945
But its not. Meat has an 18% relative risk increase, which is equivalent to a 1% total risk increase (5.6% to 6.6%). Smoking has a 2500% relative risk increase, and then only 1 in 3 people who smoke die from smoking related illnesses. Not to mention all the factors aside from smoking or eating meat that go into the relative risk increases, simply because these things are not measured in a bubble. So considering I leave the house daily and ride a motorcycle, I think I'll take that 1% total risk increase.
>>
>>34874945
That study was flawed.

They asked respondents to self report how often they are meat.
>>
my benefactors have yet to give me permission to stray from their prescribed dietary pattern
>>
>single study
>change your lifestyle
This isn't Dr. Fucking Oz
>>
>>34879594
I agree about being sceptical, but it was not a single study:

"The IARC Working Group considered more than 800 studies that investigated associations of more than a
dozen types of cancer with the consumption of red meat or processed meat in many countries and
populations with diverse diets. The most influential evidence came from large prospective cohort studies
conducted over the past 20 years."

http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2015/pdfs/pr240_E.pdf
>>
Would rather take my chances with 1% additional risk of colon cancer than having a 95% chance of being nutrient deficient and being built like a middle school girl my entire life.

In b4 examples if steroid taking vegans
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.