[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my routine [grill]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: White and fishnet hips.jpg (28 KB, 329x593) Image search: [Google]
White and fishnet hips.jpg
28 KB, 329x593
5 day upper lower (I have an easy semester and lots of free time)

Day 1 - glute/ham focus lower body
1x5 deadlift
3x10 romanian deadlift
3x10 hip thrust
5x5 leg press
3x15 lunge

Day 2 - upper body
5x5 db shoulder press
3x10 lat pull down
1x failure push ups
3x10 cable row
3x10 tricep push down

Day 3 - quad focused lower body
5x5 squat
3x10 machine hack squat
3x5 front squat

Day 4 -upper body
same as day 2

Day 5 - glute/ham focus lower body
5x5 barbell hip thrust
3x10 romanian deadlift
3x10 hamstring curl
5x5 leg press
3x15 lunge

I don't really care about upper body to be honest. I want to tone up my triceps and upper back but from my understanding that has more to with being lean than lifting. This is why the upper body days are kinda half assed.

I just want nice legs and ass more than anything else.
>>
>>34873019
>tone
And there goes fit.
Bur srs that seems like a lot of volume. Off days are when you grow.
>>
>>34873019

Use the routine general like a human being >>34871591
>>
>>34873041
I know toning is impossible, I'm just talking about the "toned" look. I acknowledged that that has more to do with being lean than lifting.

> but from my understanding that has more to with being lean than lifting
>>
>>34873049
>toned look

did you even read the sticky? you keep using that word, so im willing to bet u didnt
>>
File: 1415134417657.jpg (39 KB, 574x574) Image search: [Google]
1415134417657.jpg
39 KB, 574x574
Bby if your hips are anything like pic related you don't need to do nothin. Ya hear me bby your perfect just the way you are, don't change for me you got that?

>mfw thinking about you hurting
>>
Here's some really great advice I once got. Pick 4movements a day and do only those. It forces you to give each excersize 100% and only pick quality excersizes,

Example of today's upper body and yesterday's lower.
LOWER:squat 5x5 ramping, olympic squats 3x10, sldl 5x5 ramping, pull ups
UPPER: bench 5x5 ramping, dips 4xf, pull ups 4xf, bb rows 5x5 ramping.

My stats: Sq 405x2, BP 275x6, DL 505x1
>>
File: toned arms.jpg (17 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
toned arms.jpg
17 KB, 400x273
>>34873057
I know toning is impossible, I'm just talking about a certain look.

Example, pic related.

It's a simple way to refer to a certain look. You think you sound smart but you're just a pedantic ass.
>>
>>34873087
OPs routine is a lot better. it seems like her goal is strictly calisthenics. yours on the other hand is mostly strength focused.

if OP wanted to remain looking the same way she does, she'd go with your routine.
>>
>>34873087
It's probably worth noting at this point that I've been doing Strong Lifts 5x5 for 4 months now.

I'm not a complete novice. I just feel like moving onto something more physique oriented since that's my goal.
>>
>>34873093
its not, you dumb fuck.

gain actualy muscle, and have a low bf and you can achieve that look.

toned is just a buzzword we shit on normies about.
>>
>>34873121
I fucking know that. I literally said that in my original post.
>>
>>34873093
i'm jumping in this thread here. that there is called a lean build on a chick who was already skinny. you don't need to burden yourself with arguing over specifics, since you do not know what you are doing in life right now. you are arguing that you want to look like pic related; yet you say you don't care about your upper body at all. to top this off you half-ass lift for your upper body? twice a week? this is ridiculous. your idea of what the ideal physique for you is in such an infantile state that you have reacted with bitterness towards those who are helping you.

you sound like you spoil yourself and indulge in things before you realize what part you play in this whole thing.
>>
>>34873196
Because his post was so helpful.

Fuck off. You're just giving me shit because I used the word "tone".

You call it lean I call it toned, we're referring to the same damn thing but you want to sound smart so you keep arguing over a simple word.
>>
>>34873158
i didnt read ur stupid shit OP

and ur a idiot if that pic is impossible for you
>>
>>34873242
A master was trying to explain something to a student. Now this student was not a brand new student, but a senior student who had learned many things. He had knowledge and experience aplenty to draw upon. But each time the master tried to explain something new to the student, the student kept trying to hold it up against his own notions of the way the world is and how it ought be, and he was unable to see the lessons in what the master was trying to teach him.
Finally, the master poured a full serving of tea into his own cup, and into the cup of the student. Then he told the student he wanted to give to him some of the tea from his own cup. He began pouring tea from his cup into the student's cup, but the student's cup was already full, and all the tea from the master's cup spilled out over the cup onto the surface below.
The student said, "Master, you can't pour anything into my cup until I empty it to make room for what you are trying to give me.", and the master replied "Yes I know." "And I can't give you any new thoughts or ideas or perspectives on life's lessons until you clear out some thoughts that are already teeming in your mind to make room for what I have to teach you." Then the master paused for a brief moment, meeting the student's eyes with his own knowing look and calmly but sternly said: " If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!"
The student pondered for a moment with a look of absolute bewilderment. Then a look of enlightenment came over him, followed by a smile, and a look of receptiveness. The master started to explain again, and this time the student saw what the master was trying to say.

>empty your cup
>>
>>34873297
Holy shit. There is now a worldwide fedora shortage because this guy has them all.

Every waiter now makes a living wage because you tipped so hard.
>>
>>34873019
Looks decent to me but 3 legs days is kinda unnecessary. It probably won't hurt you but it's not really going to help you enough to justify the effort

For the lower body days I would drop the 2nd lower body day then replace the leg presses on the 1st and 3rd lower body days with squats.

Something like this

Lower body 1:
1x5 deadlift
5x5 squat
3x10 romanian deadlift
3x10 hip thrust
3x15 lunge

Lower body 2:
5x5 front squat
5x5 barbell hip thrust
3x10 romanian deadlift
3x10 hamstring curl
3x15 lunge
>>
>>34873324
I keked
>>
>>34873297
Go back to leddit loser.

You're not some insightful teacher. You're just an idiot.
>>
>>34873362
Thanks for actually being helpful.
>>
>>34873324
>>34873391
here's your replies, get em while they're hot
>>
>>34873297
p.s. she has 2 cups if ya catch my drift there m80!
>>
File: starting ass.png (120 KB, 1129x421) Image search: [Google]
starting ass.png
120 KB, 1129x421
this routine's supposed to be ok, never used it myself
>>
>>34873362
Why hip thrusts 5x5 one day then 3x10 the other
>>
>>34873599
2 main lifts each day and the rest is accessory work.

On one day deadlifts and squats are the main lifts while on the other day front squats and hip thrusts are the main lifts.
>>
>>34873579
Thanks, might try this.
>>
Who is that in the op pic?

Hngggh
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.