[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uneven Muscle Development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Help me /fit/, you're my only hope.

I've been lifting for about three years now, I change up my routine once a month and I also run distance twice a week. I've noticed since last spring however that my right side is getting noticeably larger and stronger than my right. What the fuck do I do to stop this? I'm getting super self-conscious about it.

Pic somewhat related
>>
File: IMG_2204.jpg (102 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2204.jpg
102 KB, 960x720
Bump
>>
>>34872920
keep doing everything evenly. don't train the less developed muscle more, do everything evenly. make sure that your technique on your last reps is perfect. don't compensate technique to squeeze in a last rep.
>>
>>34872920
Why does this body look so shit
>>
>>34872920
Use dumbells for bench, you are probably relying on your right side to support the weight more than the left. In other exercises try to evenly use both arms and when possible isolate both sides separately.
>>
Post picture, i've never seen asymmetric muscle development in my life.
>>
>>34872920
Hey brother, dealt with many clients with these issues and also with my own muscle imbalances since a car accident 6 years ago that resulted in my insurance not covering me.

Long story short, the muscles are either 1. Merely imbalanced and need to be stretched and possibly need some soft tissue work (look up myofascial release points and techniques, youtube Kelly Starrett and do 2 videos a day).
2.Your muscles have been unevenly stimulated to due to imbalance, injury, malfunction. Revert to solution for step 1.

Trust me man my left arm and shoulder looked like Reynolds times 10 after that car accident and a butcher of a surgeon trying to operate on minor gyno. I do nothing but research health and fitness and anything in general since I have no friends and only work.

Mix up some unilateral light work outs every 2nd day and do your compounds (dead lift, bench, squat, press, row).

Light core every day. Stretch everyday for more time then you work out. Cardio at least 20 minutes a day before stretching.

If you don't like it then don't expect much from the future, at least screen shot this post
>>
>>34874005
Ps Kelly Starrett is a good jump point. Don't get stuck on him alone, maybe download his ebook legally "how to become a supple leopard
>>
>>34874005
Not OP, but thank you. I've been struggling with asymmetry my whole life.
>>
>>34873294

After seeing so many fitness models and bodybuilders, he just looks too small. In actual fact he's perfectly fine just seems too skinny and what not.

That being said, his arms too small compared to wrists, shoulders not big enough and he doesn't have a good v taper.
>>
>>34873294
Narrow shoulders.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.