[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: hfpuka004yoiysjxafkz[1].jpg (47 KB, 760x1098) Image search: [Google]
hfpuka004yoiysjxafkz[1].jpg
47 KB, 760x1098
Thoughts on this movie?
>>
>>34871527
Never watched
Never will
0/10
>>
Conspiracy theorist bullshit that doesn't even know what it's trying to argue
>>
What movie?
>>
>>34871527
Never seen it but I agree with his contention that Spurlock, and Super Size Me, were full of shit.
>>
>>34871974

the guy says you can lose weight with fast food diet by being smart about it. Super Size Me was dumb because it had very stupid unrealistic rules, like he HAD to eat everything once and get a super size if asked

This guy gets a small burger with no mayo and gets a water and shit like that. He also exercises by walking a lot and ends up losing a bunch of weight at the end of it.
>>
Fucking lol that top quote

That's the best they got
>>
>>34872020
So it is
>common sense the movie
Or
>moderation the motion picture

?

Who would spend time and money making such drivel?
Oh, wait. Big bucks Murican fast food industry lobbyists would in a second....
When's the sequel coming out?
>>
https://thescienceofnutrition.wordpress.com/2012/02/19/tom-naughton-is-a-fat-head/
>>
The only thing I liked was the part where he debunks Super Size Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccdfzq2M1Ec

Other than that slept though it
>>
IIFYM: The Movie
>>
>>34871527
The part where he proves that you can lose weight on any diet is good. It spreads awareness of the calories-in-calories-out paradigm (lots of people either don't know about it, or they don't want to believe in it).

But then he brought in a bunch of talking head "experts" (e.g. low-carb gurus who wrote a book to cash in on the Atkins revival). He proceeded to spout the same bullshit low-carb meme science that everyone with a blog has written about ad nauseam.
>>
Spurlock BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRkcSI9P1_I
>>
Weirdo Libertarian dude reads a review of "Super Size Me" in the newspaper

>Honey, get the camcorder!!! Somebody thinks something I don't agree with!!!
>>
>>34873261

go to bed Morgan
>>
Good movie. This guy lost weight eating mostly fast food shit, but reducing portion sizes, tracking calories and limiting carbs. That's just about it really. His bloods were also good. He made the point that you can eat a high fat/protein diet and be healthy if you are smart about it.
>>
>>34873446

just read the wikipedia article and agreed with almost everything bar his contention that US doesn't have an obesity epidemic and that BMI is inaccurate for population level metrics (it isn't)
>>
>>34873446

>His bloods were also good.

No they weren't
>>
>>34873531
Eh the BMI actually is inaccurate for people who actually even lift. Bigger, leaner guys might be counted as overweight or even obese if we only take BMI into account.

>>34873541
I seem to remember they were.
>>
>>34873541
yes it was.
it wasn't exceptionally healthy
>news flash exceptional isn't good, it's exceptional.
you can eat saturated fats in moderation and not instantly die, you meatheads are fucking retarded.
>>
>>34873575

which represents a minute fraction of the population, hence why I said population level metrics. I am intimately familiar with the concept. At that level it's barely a MoE
>>
he also has this

pretty long, but interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzPnnDDCIjo
>>
>>34872233
This guy's voice is so funny. He should do voice acting. The way he says "supersize" is 2nerdy
>>
>>34873575

According to the wikipedia article, his LDL went from 154 to 130, which is just going from shitty to shitty, and that's while he was losing weight and exercising. It's hardly validation for high fat diets.
>>
>>34871940
you definitely didn't watch it
>>
>>34874142

>the lipid hypothesis is a government conspiracy, the paleo diet is awesome, bacon is a superfood

And then his proof that it's all a lie is that his cholesterol improved a bit as he lost weight while eating mcdonalds, which is ironically validating the lipid hypothesis.
>>
File: 1447132240154.png (12 KB, 431x600) Image search: [Google]
1447132240154.png
12 KB, 431x600
>>34872020
The thing about Super Size Me is that the typical American is completely irresponsible with what they eat. People eat that shit for years on end, and the movie was about taking it to the extreme for a month.

Yes, you could lose weight off a diet of cheeseburgers or even pure sugar, oil, whey protein, and a multivitamin. Most people don't really think eating McDonald's will kill you, but if fast food is where you're eating regularly to satiation, you will become a fat fuck. I saw clips of Fat Head and the faggot argued that calorie counters on menus is a bad idea because it won't discourage anybody (I wonder who funded the movie?). I personally consider calories/protein when I'm ordering, and I think many other responsible people do too.
>>
>>34872020
So he does an IIFYM-ish diet?
>>
>>34874195

>Most people don't really think eating McDonald's will kill you, but if fast food is where you're eating regularly to satiation, you will become a fat fuck.

Who's most people? It's generally recognized that fast food isn't healthy regardless of your weight. High in saturated fat and sodium, sugar and refined grains, processed meats are now considered a class 1 carcinogen, low in fiber, no antioxidants, little or no vegetables, etc. Whether it makes you fat or not, it's not healthy food.
>>
>>34874305
A hamburger once a week is no more dangerous than any other meal, really. If a person eats a burger for dinner and has vegetables, lean meat, fruit, whatever the rest of the day and doesn't go beyond their necessary caloric intake, they won't be any worse off than anyone else.

The problem is the sheer density of the sodium, fat, etc and how little it fills you up.
>>
>>34874321

>A hamburger once a week is no more dangerous than any other meal, really

Any other unhealthy meal or what?

>If a person eats a burger for dinner and has vegetables, lean meat, fruit, whatever the rest of the day and doesn't go beyond their necessary caloric intake, they won't be any worse off than anyone else.

Weight-wise probably not, but for overall health I'm not sure why you would think that. If you add something unhealthy to your diet, why would you expect it not to have a negative effect on you?
>>
>>34874086
Well consider that he was eating shitty fast food stuff as a majority of his daily food intake. If he had eaten proper food his LDL would have gone lower, even on a high fat/high proteions diet.
>>
File: 1970stock-17.jpg (552 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
1970stock-17.jpg
552 KB, 1200x1500
>>34872233
so basically McD's has financed this movie.
>>
>>34874389

>If he had eaten proper food his LDL would have gone lower, even on a high fat/high proteions diet.

If he was eating less saturated fat and more poly/mono fat his cholesterol would have gone down more but that wasn't his intent with the video. His little cartoon about Ancel Keys, the government, and saturated fat was supposed to set us up to believe that his saturated fatty mcdonalds diet is perfectly fine and responsible medical professionals are lying about saturated fat being harmful, and his lackluster one person experiment with a bunch of confounders was supposed to be his proof of that.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.