[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So apparently today this kraut died at 96 y.o. . If you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 50767.jpg (46 KB, 468x288) Image search: [Google]
50767.jpg
46 KB, 468x288
So apparently today this kraut died at 96 y.o. . If you don't know he was a heavy smoker, smoked his entire life. And every so often an interview of someone over 100 years is out where that person is asked whats the secret to a long life, the cunt sais something along the lines of cigarettes and a glass of wiskey a day. They're just spiting in the face of people who have healthy lives, exercise and get cancer at 40.

Is death completely random? How do you deal with these cunts that live longer than you while spoiling themselves?
>>
You'll stop worrying when you're dead
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 500x334
>>34869656
Random as fuck mate, some people smoke all their lives and get nothing from it, others never smoke and die of lung cancer. My dads been smoking for 40yrs now, plays football on the weekends still and goes for walks everyday, if someone else smoked like he does they'd be on a respirator by now. Just the luck of the draw mate.

Eat well, exercise regularly. Yeah you might die in a car accident while a fat neet lives to 70 but it's not about quantity it's about quality. Your 40yrs on this earth spent healthy and able are better than 70 being disgusted every time you look into a mirror and wearing shirts at the beach.
>>
>>34869656
There's enzymes and mechanisms in your body known broadly as repair mechanisms. These include DNA repair, apopostis of damaged cells (precancerous, infected etc.) and others. If yours are rather effective, good on you. Fuck around as you wish and you'll still probably live to an advanced age. It's literally genetics.
>>
>>34869656
Not everyone who's obese gets diabetes and dies at 50, not everyone who drinks alcohol like a fish gets liver problems. These unhealthy habits only increase your likelihood of developing these problems--it doesn't guarantee them.

On the flip side, you might be in great health and drop dead at 30.

It's just the way it is. You can at least stack the odds in your favor.
>>
>>34869776
I think it's genetics too. For example, some of us have genetic markers that make us more vulnerable to certain illnesses. My family, for example, is vulnerable to bowel cancer, on both parents' sides, so I don't eat much processed meat and try and eat a lot of green vegetables and fish. On the other hand, my family is indestructible to lung cancer (all four grandparents smoked for years/still smoke, parents smoke, their brothers and sisters smoke, but no lung cancer) so I don't sweat a cigarette sometimes.
>>
you can get cancer youre most liekly to die from a car crash on a hospital stretcher or have a heart attack from not being well healthy man
>>
>>34869656
Genetics, centenarian all have similar genetic markers.

This Jew has done a a fair amount of work on it, he has ID'ed a number of specific gene variants associated with longevity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nir_Barzilai

If you want to live to 100+ pick your parents wisely!
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 227x222
>millions of people die from smoking
>1 guy doesn't die from smoking
What would be the safest route to take?
>>
>>34869847
>genetics
Definitely, luck of the draw meaning your susceptibility to stuff due to your genes. I can probably start smoking now and do alright if I'm like my dad but I see no reason to

My grandparents all died young from stuff other than illness so I'm not exactly sure what might kill me so best to play it safe.

This anon sweating it that some guy can smoke all his life and live the same length as him while he does cardio everyday is silly. Might as well start crying about being ugly or short. Oh wait.
>>
>>34869831
I mean you can stack the odds in your favor, and you can also structure you life and worry about something that's guaranteed to happen anyways.

i'd rather live the way I want and die at 30 from bad habits, then run 5k's every saturday, never touch a trans fat, and die at 50 from some bullshit like brain cancer
>>
>>34869748

Unless you're in hell. And then you'll start worrying....FOREVAR!
>>
>>34870007
Then you do you? I genuinely like exercising and feeling healthy. I've been fat and the quality of life is shit. I'm never going back there, so I'm spending my life the way I enjoy too.
>>
My grandma died at 104. smoker and sugar abuser. She didn't believe either were bad for her and generally gave zero fucks about anything.
The key to long life is not giving a fuck. When you worry you stress, when you stress you age, when you age you die.
>>
>>34870059
This. Eating right and exercising are a small price to pay for improved quality of life. If you want to smoke and eat all day everyday until you lose sight of your toes that's your choice but I've been fat before and I choose fit each and every time. I get the feeling this guy has never been out of breath after going up a flight of stairs or sweating buckets by just standing in line at the coffee shop before. It's not nice at all and whatever quick pleasure you'll get from eating Doritos will never be worth this feeling of looking and feeling great. Rather die in a car accident at 50 than live another 10 in my fat state
>>
>>34869656
You should also mention he was drinking coca cola all the time
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.