[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have $1,000 to spend. I want to lose weight. What are some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Fat-man-getting-ready-for-sex.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Fat-man-getting-ready-for-sex.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
I have $1,000 to spend.

I want to lose weight.

What are some good healthy alternative food/snacks i can order off amazon?

Is there any goldmine i should know about? I'm a textbook binge eater. I will lose weight and as soon as i get down to a reasonable weight i get comfortable...say "whats the fucking point?" and eat pizza until i gain 15 lbs back...and then....i regret it. It's been a repeating cycle all my life.

What are some good foods i can snack on to curb going on a complete rampage at Dairy Queen?

Pop chips? Protein bars? Pop chips have too much sodium though....Why does everything that has fewer calories have more sodium? Is there anything legitimately healthy/low calorie? help
>>
>>34868774
What exercise are you doing?
>>
File: f8e.jpg (289 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
f8e.jpg
289 KB, 1162x850
>yeeeesss gooyyy
>you need to spend more money in order to lose fat
>come buy my magical special fat burning super foods
>you will lose so much weight from your bank er i mean body
>>
Go to a store and buy some carrots, celery, tomatoes or cucumber.
Eat as much of those as you want.
>>
egg whites,rice,sweet potato,canned chicken tuna,flavored oats you know healthy stuff
if you dont cheat that alone will get you ripped as fuk
>>
>>34868774
healthy snacks won't do shit if you shitlord the other 95%

your entire approach is wrong

you lack discipline
you lack self-control

i'm sure you have more problems that just diet control

either you want to get better or you don't, it's that simple

stop making fucking excuses: stop eating garbage carbs and count your calories
>>
>>34868827
>>34868831

Trust me i get how my message looks right now.

I know i don't need to spend money to lose weight. I know all it takes is determination, eating right, and exercising. But, i also realize i'm in a dark place right now. I barely have the motivation to live, let alone lose weight.

I have money that i'm never going to spend on anything because i don't have any hobbies, i don't watch tv, i don't have friends.

I figure there has to be a way i can spend money to actually benefit myself and at least kickstart me to getting on the right track again...

Is signed up for a gym yesterday.

Right now i walk around in my backyard for an hour a day.
>>
>>34868849

I failed to mention the taste of vegetables repulse me.

I was born with shit-tier taste buds.

I prefer kraft macaroni and cheese over a fancy meal at a foreign cuisine.

I was destined to be a fat pos desu.
>>
>>34868891
Get some decent kitchen gear and into home-cooked meals without heavily processed ingredients
>>
File: cjsqk.jpg (15 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
cjsqk.jpg
15 KB, 413x395
>>34868891
>Right now i walk around in my backyard for an hour a day.
>>
>>34868985
>>34868891
> oh man that was one good workout, walking for an hour
> cals burned:50
> better reward myself with some chicken tendies!
> cals gained:800
not gunna make it op.
>>
>>34868924
Then gorge on watermelon or try 30 bananas a day.
Also taste is acquired, stop looking for stupid excuses! This state you are in is entirely your own choice.
>>
>>34869034

So you're saying if you ate enough of your neighbor's shit you'd eventually love it?
>>
Protip. You don't spend more money to eat less. You eat less and save money.

You're stuck in fat fuck mentality.
>>
>>34868774
>wants to lose weight
>is going to blow $1k on foods

Spend it on a home gym.
Or some counselling.
Or steroids.
Or a glorious 18th century pistola for into an hero.

Not food.
>>
>>34869083

What about $1000 worth of corn?
>>
just eat healthy OP, you will acquire the taste for healthy foods after a couple of months and no longer crave fastfood/sugar/soft drinks.

some examples:
low fat milk
water
iced/hot tea
plain oats
bananas/strawberries/kiwi/pineapple
-nut butter
protein powder
olive oil
protein bars (I like quest)
low fat cottage cheese
any kind of nut (almond/peanut/pecan/macadamia)
greek yogurt
baked potatoes
brown/white rice
whole wheat pasta
chicken breast (season the fuck out of it w/ salt/pepper/garlic/onion powder)
lean ground beef

try to stay away from white bread
>>
>>34868891
Outside of surgery, you can't get healthier by spending money. It takes work and dedication.

That said, you could try eating nothing but soylent. Live on 5 bottles of Soylent a day, it will have everything you need, and as long as you never buy anything else or eat out, you're guaranteed to get healthier. Makes eating healthy simple, but you still need to actually stick to it and not eat other garbage.
>>
Get a food scale and measure portions, then give yourself a calorie count of 1200 a day and stay under it. You don't even strictly need to weigh yourself, just your food.
>>
>>34868924
>muh genetics

>blames taste buds.

No niqqa. Your parents are to blame, and you are too.

Certainly don't blame the Destinies. They don't make people fat.

Get on the phone, yell at your parents. Especially your mommy, but also your daddy, for not controlling his bitch.

Save the money for cardiac surgery you're gonna need. I hear bypass is not cheap.
>>
>>34868891
I don't really know what else is worth investing in at this point, as you pointed out dieting correctly and working out is simply the key piece. Maybe you could use the money to fund a hobby which would help with working out? A bike or something? One of those home fitness DVDs?
>>
>>34868924
>I failed to mention the taste of vegetables repulse me.
That's because you're a little fucking bitch. Suck it the fuck up and eat them.

>I prefer kraft macaroni

That's because you don't have a developed pallet. Years of destroying your tongue with incredible amounts of fucking sodium has given you shit tier taste. Eat different foods.
>>
>>34869119

This was actually very helpful, thank you.

I'm going to make a list and include those foods.
>>
>>34869046
taste is literally acquired. Used to be a little brat that would gip at eating a carrot, but now I eat a whole range of veg, still wont go near broccoli or cauliflower but the rest are cool. Man it up and eat them until you enjoy them. Are you that beta that you will let your taste buds beat you the fuck down?

Also $1000 will buy you a decent bike start fucking cycling everywhere instead of driving u fat shit.
>>
Download MyFitnessPal and put in your details and goals. It'll generate a daily calorie limit (most likely 1500, I think that's the lowest it goes). Aim for 1250 healthily. Track that shit properly. You'll be surprised how few calories things like chicken breast have in them. Drink water only. If you then feel hungry after that (you probably don't feel hungry, you just want to eat) make up the rest of the 250 with whatever you want - a biscuit or two - but DO NOT GO OVER 1500.

I have absolutely garbage self-discipline and managed to eat ~1200 calories per day for a few weeks with no cheat days. If I can do it for a puny two weeks you can easily do it too. (Since then my schedule has got a little fucked up - I stick to it like 4 days a week and go over 1500 the other 3 days or thereabouts - but those first few weeks were easy as piss).
>>
File: 1401069365670.jpg (157 KB, 921x741) Image search: [Google]
1401069365670.jpg
157 KB, 921x741
>>34869268
Also don't lie, and don't guess. You obviously don't know what a portion is.
>>
>>34868924
It's psychological, once you cut out processed foods you're taste buds will adapt.

I haven't had a carbonated beverage since i was 14, now that stuff utterly repulses me.
Same goes with factory processed food.

It just takes time and patience anon.
>>
Sugar free jell-o if your into that stuff. 10 calories per like 1 kilo of that thing, i ear it every time i cut. Tastes great and fills you up.
>>
File: Jews.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Jews.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>34868831
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.