[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people say that carbs are bad fit? My breakfast is usually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1446692723637.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1446692723637.gif
2 MB, 400x225
Why do people say that carbs are bad fit?
My breakfast is usually oats and my lunch is usually pasta
>>
Because they're morons who believe in fad diets.
>>
my impression is that carbs are bad for people who arnt working hard enough. weekend warriors so to say. i dont eat a lot of bread and shit but if i need calories ill go for it quick.
>>
>>34868577
carbs are boss on my refeed days
can eat 1000carbs and not gain fat but kinda sad that they never satisfy me, am always hungry after eating lots of carbs
>>
>>34868577
I feel like it's just misinformation. My parents and doctor always said to "be careful with carbs" And I grew up avoiding them. Now I eat oats and rice daily and I feel more energetic, less moody and have better libido.

Processed sugars I believe are bad because they don't seem to give me energy or keep me satiated. But this is all anecdotal.
>>
As with all diets it depends on your goals.
If you're trying to lose weight & you don't run 10 miles a day, minimize carbs.
Otherwise they're probably just fine unless you're diabetic.
>>
>>34868577
There's a difference between bad and good carb sources
>>
>>34868710
What sources of carbs do you eat?
>>
>>34868733
Carbohydrates are energy. That's why you feel energetic.
>>
>>34868747
on refeed days?
like 800 grams bread 1kg of rice sometimes switch the rice for pasta and some potatoes

need mostly starches on refeeds also gotta keep my fat low
>>
>>34868747
Not OP, but I also do carb cycling. I do three and a half weeks of keto building up to a refeed 4 days and Max outs on my lifts, planning for the next mesocycle. The night before my max day, I usually have a couple of baked sweet potatoes with lean protein and leafy greens. The morning of, I have a few bananas and a glass of OJ with my creatine/supps. Then for the next few days I have one meal per day, usually lunch, with a cup of farro and lentils. Then I go back to keto for the next mesocycle.

So tldr, sweet potatoes, fruit, and whole grains.
>>
>>34868733
>I feel more energetic, less moody and have better libido.

This happened to me when I lowered my carb intake. I use to eat an excessive amount of rice. Guess it's just about finding the right balance.
>>
>>34868820
Lol is this a joke?
>>
>>34868577
because people overeat when it comes to this macro
>>
>>34868788
Christ how do you eat a kilo of rice? Do you put butter or soy sauce or whatever on it?
>>
>>34868788
That's a fucktone of carbs, what's the logic behind it all? You're a powerlifter?
>>
>>34868710
you kidding me? carbs fill me up like nothing else. If I eat a lot of carbs I can't eat shit for hours.
>>
>>34869551
>you kidding me right?
no?

>>34869480
ketchup or plain, its the way I like it
I love rice but I never eat it on normal days bcus its empty calories, they have nearly no protein or fiber also they don't fill me up

>>34869524
when you do RFL or UD2 those amount of carbs are not out of the norm
>>
>>34869973
you added the 'right' there fyi. starchy carbs are seriously my worst enemy in bulking becuase they fill me up so much. Just strange to hear of someone having the opposite experience.
>>
File: 1447047686400.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1447047686400.gif
27 KB, 200x200
>>34869973
>ketchup
>mfw

>>34870040
you probably have good insulin sensitivity
>>
>>34868926

This.

It's really easy to put away a shitload of carbs.
>>
If you have any BF% above 10% then you have no need for carbs

Women however need carbs to keep their asses and tits healthy.
>>
>>34870207
>you probably have good insulin sensitivity
I don't know what the means but I guess/hope i means I wont get beetus. I always had a latent fear that I might develop it despite being skelly.
>>
>>34870228
[citation needed]

oh no? u dont have any? cuz its broscience? ya f u
>>
>>34870236
No, high insulin sensitivity is a good thing. It means carbs give you good long lasting energy and make you feel more satisfied.

Poor insulin sensitivity (or insulin insensitvity) has carbs leaving you feeling unsatisfied, they end up maybe inducing more fat gain, leaving you feel bloated, making you feel either sluggish, or giving you lots of energy (but followed by a crash). This is what can lead to diabetes, someone ends up becoming so insensitive to insulin that it starts to do a very shitty job of reducing blood sugar when you eat carbs.
>>
>>34868820
>fruit, and whole whole grains

stopped reading there
>>
>>34870674
nice meme buddy
>>
>>34868577
>Why do people say that carbs are bad fit?
carbs aren't bad

it's just that some foods can have tons of carbs without being a ton of food

>a candy bar can be ~250 kcal
>a bag of trail mix can be ~1000 kcal

part of counting calories is realizing the energy density of various foods

most importantly, super energy dense foods aren't filling -- eat a candy bar, 10 minutes later, you're hungry, even though you have consumed plenty of energy

if you do a decent amount of cardio, you can easily have a diet that's 60-80% carbs and still lose weight.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.