[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
setting up a home gym what do you buy for pads for dropping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 4001617753323.jpg (60 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
4001617753323.jpg
60 KB, 520x520
setting up a home gym

what do you buy for pads for dropping heavy deadlifts, cleans, etc

i'm looking at rubber gym mats on amazon but idk
>>
wow thanks guys
>>
>>34866424
>>34866918
Don't drop the weights, pussy. If you can pick it up you can set it down controlled, faggot. Horse stall mats worked for me, nigger anus bitch tits. You're welcome, jackass.
>>
File: 1442194985173.jpg (113 KB, 687x914) Image search: [Google]
1442194985173.jpg
113 KB, 687x914
>>34866424

Plywood lifting platforms. They last forever and don't compress below your feet. Rubber mats are shit.
>>
>>34866956
you're a fool
>>
Got a bunch of sturdy rubber mats of about 2 cm thick. Never had a complaint from the neighbors on the floor below. Then again I set my weights down with some control. I don't throw them down.
>>
>>34866424
>thrash
GO BACK TO /mu/ YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC MANCHILD THIS IS /fit/
>>
>>34867109
it's not really thrash, at all
>>
>>34866976
How am I a fool?
>>
>>34867146
sexy satanic speed then. To properly respond, I have some strips of this rubbery, corky mat from a hotel I used to work at. When they renovated they had a bunch left over so I took a few strips. for free ofc
>>
deadlifting platforms are like at least $800

who the fuck wants to spend nearly a grand on something you want to drop a weight on.......what the fuck???????

i just drop my shit on the cement ground in the garage, hasn't done any damage to the ground yet...dropped 5 plate many times on it.
>>
File: carpet-small.jpg (362 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
carpet-small.jpg
362 KB, 1600x1200
>>34866424
i use old rug like this (only it's a bit longer)
fold it few times and it'll have a pretty decent sound-muffling effect (and keep pl8s from chipping of paint)

>tfw poorfag lyf
>>
File: 41Y5E1N07PL.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
41Y5E1N07PL.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>34866424
From all the Sodom albums you post this one?
Please nigga, get on my level.
>>
Buy the rubber matting they use behind bars, might be cheaper than the gym stuff.
>>
>>34867229
in the sign of evil is my favorite sodom album by a mile. nuclear assault is pretty sweet too though

>>34867202
yeah i don't want to spend $800, but i don't want to fail a heavy power clean and have the plates crack or something
>>
>>34867182

i like to call it old-school black metal :)

i think i'm just going to buy a 4'x6' horse mat and set it over cement for my lifts
>>
I got some 30 mm rubber mats from Eleiko, they're really good to have around when I do deadlifts and rows.
Mind you that I don't do any exercises outside of my power cage, so I only really need three-four of them (I think they're 0.5 m x 1.0 m).
Not so much to protect the floor (Solid fucking concrete floor, that) as much as to protect my cheap plates from chipping.

If you're planning to do movements that involve dropping weights from some significant height (Jerks, snatches), I'd defo recommend you get some bumper plates, even if you have a rubber platform to drop them on, if only to keep the plates from chipping.

I make a big fuss about plate chipping because even if my iron plates with a thin rubber cover were reasonably cheap, they were still more than half the price of, say, the Eleiko XF bumpers or Rogue training plates.

Also, there's nothing keeping you from screwing the rubber mats to some layered pieces of plywood to make a nice lifting platform. I've seen a nice tutorial here: http://straighttothebar.com/articles/2009/03/diy_how_to_build_an_olympic_we/
The only thing keeping me from doing it is that I'm so awfully lazy and I'm more worried about insulating the shed I lift in now that winter is coming.
>>
>>34866974
this

I did mine with 3 layers of MDF. Cheapest than plywood where I live.
>>
>>34866956
Aside from all his anger, his suggestion of horse stall mats are the best answer.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft
>>
>>34867572
Those are literally the ones I have and recommend. Cheapest and easiest way to go. You can make your own platform with these and wood or use them as standalone mats. All about preference.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.