[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/, what mental gains have you received as a result of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1416384626904.jpg (65 KB, 520x416) Image search: [Google]
1416384626904.jpg
65 KB, 520x416
Sup /fit/, what mental gains have you received as a result of your fitness practise?
>>
If you can force yourself to squat when you are sure you're going to fail you have more mental toughness than 80% of the west
>>
>>34864854
>of the west
The West is the best of a bad bunch, so you probably have more mental fortitude than 99% of Earth
>>
>>34864842
>Have difficult problem to solve.
>Go work out.
>Focus.jpeg
>Problem solved.
>>
>>34864842
math
gotta add those calories.
>>
>>34864842

willpower and simplifying my life during this cut from a being a fatass has translated into more focus and energy and a better mood. The only really mental intensive thing i do is play chess as a hobby but i solve tactics puzzles a lot faster and can see 4-5 moves ahead now when i struggled with 2 before.
>>
>>34864921
Props for the chess bra, what is your online rating and where do you play?
>>
>>34864842
lol, working out doesn't give you any mental gains. To think it does is so stupid. Try taking on a science major at a university.
>>
>>34864952

usually lichess and i hover between 1500-1700. I have a lot of variance and swing that much. I'm trying to make more time for it because i really enjoy it but i have to take work home with me a lot and have a gains goblin gf im starting to resent so its hard to solidly improve
>>
>>34864862
The west was the best of the bunch 100 years ago.

The mighty have fallen. People are fat and weak and care more about feels than freedom and more about comfort than competance.
>>
>>34865007
Sack the gf until you've achieved all your serious goals.
>>
>>34865217
>until you've achieved all your serious goals.
>castration
>>
>>34865239
>castration
via roids?
>>
>>34864842

Striving for a better body has made me more disciplined in everything.

Lifting can make me happier
>>
>>34865255
roids are notoriously bad for your junk
>>
>>34865290
I could never see how people valued it as a trade off. Become more manly; destroy the purpose of being a man in the process.
>>
>>34865255
Roids will give you pea balls first.
castration via reaction.
>sack girlfriend.
>brag about said sacking at the gym.
>beaten until testicles burst like eggs.
>castration.
>>
Body dysmorphia and orthorexia.
>>
>>34865517
Both seem positive to me
>>
>>34865007
Mirrin' chess gains
>>
>>34865709
I'm stuck between 1300 and 1400 on chess.com like trash
>>
File: andy.jpg (133 KB, 615x818) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133 KB, 615x818
tfw meditation gains
jon kavt-zinn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijnt-eXukwk
http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8oKWQiEWYs
>>
>>34866331
http://marc.ucla.edu/mpeg/01_Breathing_Meditation.mp3

breathing in
breathing out
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.