[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm squatting 2 pl8s, deadlifting 3 pl8s and OHP 0.5 pl8.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: nxMBqb4.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
nxMBqb4.gif
2 MB, 400x225
I'm squatting 2 pl8s, deadlifting 3 pl8s and OHP 0.5 pl8.

I know it's nothing special, but I can barely bench 110 lbs.

Why is my bench lagging so much?

Form? I've watched countless videos on bench form and I think I'm doing everything right. I'm arching my beck, my blades are together, I'm pushing with my back into the bench and with my legs into the floor. I've widened my grip to work chest more instead of triceps.

But I can't still bench for shit.

With dumbbels it's okay, I can bench a "respectable" weight. But with barbell, fuck no.

I have long limbs just for the info.

Please help.
>>
>>34863810
What is your 'respectable' dumbbell BP?

Also, get a spotter and don't be afraid to grab a little more than you think you can handle.
>>
Long limbs certainly make it harder to get a big bench.
But that won't be the entire reason for it.

You may be holding yourself back if you aren't using a spotter. The difference between giving it your all and playing it safe due to having no spotter can be the difference between your body adapting and getting stronger, and not making progress.

So either learn to do the roll of shame, use a power rack, or ask someone to spot you.
>>
low bench = low test
>>
>>34863827

60 pounds per hand.

>>34863837
>>34863827

Can I just do dumbbell bp if I'm not interested in numbers I can lift and just want size?
>>
>>34863840

nice meme brah
>>
>>34863866
You should be able to pump out 1pl8 ez. I struggle to get 1 rep out of 28kg DBs but I can bench 1pl8 pretty easily. Try using a narrower grip and get a spotter. Grab the biggest weight you can get at least 3x5 on and add 5 lbs per week to that.
>>
Who /faggot/ here?
>PROTIP - me
>>
>>34863895

I know man. It's frustrating that I can't even bench one plate while my other lifts are solid. Maybe I just wasn't born to bb bench.
>>
BINCH WITH DUMBELLS
BINCH WITH DUMBELLS
BINCH WITH DUMBELLS
BINCH WITH DUMBELLS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
How wide is your grip?
>>
>>34863937

I put my middle finger on the circle in the barbell. Our barbells only have one circle, not two.
>>
>>34863810
>tfw 70 kg bench for reps
>tfw 130 kg DL
>tfw I do 60 kg squats for reps
help
>>
>>34863984
Are you cutting? If yes then finish your cut and then do lean gains. Maybe deload and keep at it.
>>
>>34864009
No I'm bulking. I don't know why my squats are so bad to be honest
>>
>>34864058
Deload and if necessary microload.
>>
File: putin-vladimir~s600x600.jpg (35 KB, 517x600) Image search: [Google]
putin-vladimir~s600x600.jpg
35 KB, 517x600
>>34863984
>Bench more than squat
>>
>>34863866
I can barely do 55 pound barbells but I bench 145. You should be able to. Just get a spotter.
>>
>>34864100
Look what you did to putin you squat shitter. I'm hope you're happy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.