[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tired of being unfit and fat >bought a bike >45min
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: sweaty.jpg (27 KB, 335x482) Image search: [Google]
sweaty.jpg
27 KB, 335x482
>tired of being unfit and fat
>bought a bike
>45min ride
>8km
>moderate intensity
>sweating
>only lost 133cal??
> THE FUCK

/fit/ please help me
>>
>>34863590
Nobody said it was going to be easy, fatty.
>>
A bike is basically made to make transportation EASIER than walking. So why the fuck are you surprised that you didnt use a lot of energy?

Get on a stepper with high resistance or do some serious lifting with high volume, like GVT
>>
>>34863590
Eat less hydrogen, Jupiter.
>>
>>34863590
what makes you think that's all you lost?

I highly doubt that's the case.
>>
(OP)

I know it isnt easy but i need to do something to get my cardio moving, i suffered a running injury a few months ago (runners knee) so i'm afraid to do high impact running again, couldnt walk or even run for 3 months.

bottom line is i just want to lose body fat with exercise.

>>34863617

Whats GVT?
>>
Best way to lose fat is to lift weights and track calories and don't eat a lot.

Cardio is literally shit-tier for fat-loss. The human body is built for long-term travel it is EXTREMELY efficient when it comes to burning off calories when moving long-distances.
>>
>>34863590
It doesn't matter what the little toy on your bike says.

Do the following: get up early, drink a big glass of water, maybe cup of coffee and visit the bathroom. Now ride your bike for about 30min to an hour. It's gonna be hellish, but trust me on this one.
Get home, shower, have nice big breakfast and go along with your day. Key is to lower your carbohydrate intake over the day so you'll eat only proteins for dinner.
Then get to bed and repeat and you'll see those kilos drop.
>>
>>34863617
>>34863590
This desu senpai
Try jogging for 45 minutes if you can, it will definitely burn more than 130 kcal
>>
>>34863646
>Cardio is literally shit-tier for fat-loss. The human body is built for long-term travel it is EXTREMELY efficient when it comes to burning off calories when moving long-distances.

This, efficiency is a bad thing (for the modern human) when it comes to cardio and burning fat. Our bodies evolved traveling long distances. The more we do it the more out body adapts and the less fuel we use to travel the same distances.

It's just a million times easier and more accurate to just eat less. Do cardio for HEALTH reasons, not for burning fat.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-10-14-32-56.jpg (51 KB, 1080x412) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-10-14-32-56.jpg
51 KB, 1080x412
>>34863642

downloaded Runtastic app

dont know how accurate it is tho
>>
>>34863645
German Volume Training. You basically do a 10x10 split for muscle groups, focusing mainly on compound exercizes and doing like 70% of your 1-rep max. It gets boring after a while but I saw some nice improvements with it.
>>
>>No.34863670

bro so what must i do? take back my 2grand bike ($200 dollars) an get what instead?
>>
Condition yourself until you can ride comfortably at moderate intensity for several hours, if you ride every day it shouldn't take too long. Never freewheel unless you've topped out your entire gear range. Do lots of hill climbs. When you get good at hill climbs, do sprinting hill climbs. Do HIIT sprints. Do HIIT sprinting hill climbs. If it ever becomes easy, you're not going fast enough.
>>
You are fat because you eat too much.

Try limiting the food, find out your macros. (kalories are not perfect, but gives you a good idea of how much you should be eating)

If it's too painfull, lose some weight by walking every day and dieting. This'll get your condition up, too. Don't sprint before you can run.

Good luck!
>>
>>34863695
>2grand bike ($200 dollars)
what the fuck am I reading
>>
>>No.34863808

$200 in south africa is just over R2200 rand.

>shit economy
>>
>>34863672

I've always calculated cycling as 35 calories every mile, which would be 21 cals per kilometer.

8km is not much, especially for 48 minutes... look up how to set up proper seat height on the internet and then try to ride a bit faster (not necessarily super hard, just a touch faster)
>>
(OP)

So /fit/ for burning fat...

WHAT MUST I DO.

Some ppl here say do HIIT an other say do weights...

-_-
>>
>>34863832
You idiot. This isn't a problem, it's a blessing. Lift large, eat large, and compete in a sport instead of chasing the never-ending pointless goal for "aesthetics."
>>
>>34863832
caloric deficit

hiit will help
weights will help
cardio will help
etc

did you even read the sticky
>>
(OP)

>No.34863831

will look into that. shot
>>
>>34863590
Dude, you literally bike slower than I run for a half marathon. Of course you burn low amounts of fat with that.
>>
>>34863672
8k in 45 mins fuck that is so slow
If you are a ham planet then it's fine but if you are just unfit then fuck put some effort in
>>
bike is not good to lose weight

I see a lot of fat bikers, and doing some crazy rides too. It's an endurance sport so the body will cling to fat. Like marathon running.

If you want to lose weight on a bike, here's how. Everytime you get hungry, get on your bike and sprint balls out for 5 minutes, then come home.
>>
>>34863672
Shit bro that's fucking leisure pace when its like the first couple days of spring and I don't have my chops back, step it up.
>>
I don't know how accurate s health for android is, but I've been using it to track what is happening while I practice roller hockey. According to s health, in 45 minutes of skating, i burned 500 cals. at half intensity. Take that for what it is worth, but i believe inline skating/hockey is a nice cardio workout.
>>
>>34863646
You do realize lifting weights burns even less calories than any cardio? If cardio is shit-tier, than lifting weights is even worse.
>>
>>34863590
my bike says i lost 50cal in 5 minutes (doing 1 minute intervals of different intensity)

maybe try that
>>
>>34864375
You lack intelligence my friend.

Lifting adds muscle to your body, the muscle increases your basal metabolic rate, which means you can lose fat easier than if you did not have that muscle mass. You can maintain a much leaner body with more calories.

You're lifting for the purpose of adding that muscle to your body so you can build up a body that requires a high amount of calories to maintain, making it easy to lose fat. The higher metabolism you get from having that extra muscle literally gives you a permanent boost in metabolism (so long as you keep that muscle). Doing cardio just temporarily burns calories in a very tiny window, the benefit of lifting for fatloss is 24/7.
>>
>>34864375
You fucking dyel, go back to /b/
What makes something good for fat loss is not about burning more calories you retard. Burning calories just tips the balance for calories in/calories out, but if you need that you already eat too much in the first place.
What matters is the fucking proportion of fat and muscle burned. And literally no sport allows you to burn less muscle when cutting than when you lift, because that's what lifting is all about. Enabling muscle growth (or equivalently disabling muscle burning when you cut)
>>
>>34863649
>le no carbs meme
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.