[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how long do you stay in the gym /fit/ ? I usually stay between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: clock.gif (18 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
clock.gif
18 KB, 640x640
So how long do you stay in the gym /fit/ ?

I usually stay between 1 and 2 hours. 15mins warming up on crosstrainer, then lifting for 1.5hours and then 15mins cooling down running. But i've heard that training for longer than an hour is bad. Which sucks cause i really like doing this. How long do you go?
>>
>>34863031
Not that important. Typical bro science.
>>
>>34863048
so going for 2 hours shouldnt matter much for muscle growth?

how long do you go and others?
>>
>>34863050
Not that guy, but its usually 1 hour plus 15 min total warmup.
>>
>>34863070
yeah thats what i started with but i want more now
>>
>>34863050
>so going for 2 hours shouldnt matter much for muscle growth?
All this stuff is not that important. The problem can be the opposite: If you train for a really long time you maybe chose less exhausting exercises. Thats why there is a general assumption that a really long training is associated with same training mistakes.
>>
>>34863110
well i have weird energy, when i start i always feel like shit i still need to go such a long way, then after ive done everything once and go for the second i get more energy

and then near the end of the training im the fullest of energy which is fucking weird right?
>>
>>34863130
So, maybe you could try something like the 20 reps squats. This usually drains my energy pretty fast. As long as you can progressively use more weights your training is working. Simply track your progress over time if you could increase the weights/reps. Maybe not every training session but in general.
As long as this works, I would train as long as I want.
>>
Just starting out with SS for the first time.

With stretching before and after and warmup sets before the work set, I'm usually in the gym for an hour on lifting days.

45 minutes on cardio days.
>>
File: 1447017083691.jpg (48 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
1447017083691.jpg
48 KB, 500x451
45 mins of high intensity usually, today was out after 30 mins because I couldn't focus due to stupidly loud pop muzak, fuck that gym
>>
>>34863170
why would you go to the gym for pure cardio?
>>
>>34863215

I like to run then row for 15-20 minutes.
>>
2h - 2h30 3x/week
>>
>>34863350
Go run outside m8, unless your place is literally inhabitable for humans, real running is way healthier for you than a treadmill. On a treadmill all you do is move your legs so you dont fall and you dont move yourself forward so you dont really get stronger from it. When you go outside you use your strength to move yourself forward and it feels nicer anyway
>>
30-45 minutes
I dont see the point in workouts longer than 1 hour... unless youre doing some cardio and/or exercise the whole body
>>
>>34863451
why wouldnt you exercise the whole body?
>>
>>34863419

I'll start running outdoors when I finished Couch25K next year.
>>
Two hours total, including transport, warm up and showering
>>
>>34863469
nice, i should follow a more strict running schedule too but i usually just run 2km with a slight break in between

so 900m run, 200m walk, 900m run

but i sometimes have trouble finishing it, maybe with a schedule i can improve myself better than just with repeating this
>>
>>34863467
I was talking about exercising the whole body during each workout..
>>
>>34863498
oh
>>
>>34863492

I also wanna let my ankles get used to treadmill incline before I hit the road. I have easily rolled ankles.
>>
>>34863514
ok well if you have a medical issue consult a doctor

you can just start with alot of walking outside

or already walk the route you wanna go running

measure the distance of your route in google maps etc

no need to start of running you can simply start with walking/jogging

and get some good running shoes and clothes
>>
Around 2 hours, sometimes a bit more on volume days, often far less on intensity days.
>>
>>34863519

thanks mom
>>
>>34863539
you're welcome sweetheart, we believe in you
>>
>>34863546

We?

Did you meet somebody?
>>
>>34863557
Me and Tyrone, he's gonna be your new father

>Eyyo whats crackin' son?
>>
>>34863567

WHAT THE FUCK MOM
>>
File: LL.jpg (31 KB, 418x371) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
31 KB, 418x371
24 hours a day.

Home gym.
>>
>>34863608
>home gym
>>
>>34863031
2 hours is too long what do you do that long?Unless you mean other shit like stretching/cardio.
>>
>>34863170

Do you do a bit of cardio after stretching, before lifting the bar?
>>
>>34863655
>I literally cant read
>>
2 hours, give or take, from I leave my front door, till I enter my front door again.

>15min walk to gym
>1 hour workout
>15min stretching (I do stretching between my sets as well)
>15min cardio (only doing it so that I can say I do cardio)
>15min walk home
>>
>>34863667

yes after my dynamic stretches I hit the row machine for 10 straight minutes then I get to weight warmups
>>
>>34863031
You warm up what the fuck? Thats gay. I understand lifting light for a first set to warm up the muscles and a heavy 1 rep to warm up the nervous system but all that other shit is not needed.

1hr 30-45min
>>
>>34863577
>Boy! Don't you talk to your momma like dat! I'll whip that white ass of yours!
>>
>>34863726
I like to become entirely warm and sweating before I start lifting
>>
>>34863712

That's pointless, dynamic ROM is all you need. Doing cardio before lifting is a silly myth.
>>
>>34863726

Broscience at it's finest.
>>
>>34863726
lifting is a lot nicer if you're properly warm before you start
i'm too lazy to and get warmed up close to work set tho
>>
>>34863696
I metaphorically can luckily.
>>
>>34863761

I honestly just do it to get my heart going a bit before warmups.

I said 10 minutes but really I'm only rowing for a good 5 minutes usually.
>>
>>34863782
this is why i must set the crosstrainer to a 15min limit and i swear to myself i will never go off sooner

i know myself and i know i keep doing it shorter and shorter if i dont have this rule, and besides cardio is nice and i like to sweat alot in the beginning so your already warm and sweating otherwise you slowly start sweating while lifting thats annoying i rather have it over with
>>
About 45 mins to an hour
>>
45 minutes to a hour, I come in at 5 AM and stay there to 6, go back to my apartment and shower, eat breakfast, and go to work.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.