[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have plantar faciitis. It fucking hurts, right there in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 19568.jpg (67 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
19568.jpg
67 KB, 400x320
I have plantar faciitis. It fucking hurts, right there in the highlighted spot. I got it while training for a half marathon. I went to the chiropractor, he gave me some inserts and told me to get some Asics or New Balance shoes.
I've been doing that plus all the 'remedies' for about a month, I wear the night splint, I roll my foot with a frozen water bottle, all the stretches. I stopped running, but I've been trying to keep up with my cardio by using the elliptical. I'm still desperately grasping to the idea of running the half marathon on Dec 5.
But my facia still feels tight in that spot, and my heel feels tender. The only thing that actually feels good is literally walking on my toes, which is not supposed to be for the fascia at all. What the fuck, /fit/.
I don't want to give up, mang. I don't want to be that guy who just lifts. I'm commited to running this thing, but I also don't want to really fuck up my feet, becausd I want to snowboard this winter.
What the fuck?
>>
>>34861091
If things that are supposed to help arent helping, and things that arent supposed to be helping are helping, the problem you have is probably not the problem you think you have.

See a real doctor. Do your cardio on the rower or go swimming or something. Fuck the half marathon.
>>
>>34861116
I already signed up and payed for it. I also told all my friends I was gonna do it, and really put my mind to it.
I guess I could just limp my dumb ass across the finish line then look around for a pool or a gym around here with a rowing machine (I literally have never seen one irl).
By a real doctor do you mean get an xray or something? I thought chiro's were real doctors?
>>
hey me too. Mine just started up last week, so it's only been a week but the pain's maybe gone from a 9 on the first 3 days to a 6 now.

I've been rolling with a lacrosse ball for 3 days with no luck, but my doctor should get back to me tomorrow so I'll see what she said. One thing that's helped has been to stretch the ankle and calf, and to try to stay off my feet as much as possible.

Mine's a little strange because the onset was nearly immediate and it gets worse the longer I'm on my feet rather than better.
>>
File: 20151028_085013.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151028_085013.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>34861205
Op, here.
That's how mine feels. When I was running, the more I ran, the more it just kinda numbed out and I guess the adrenaline kept me going. But as soon as I stopped running, and was just standing around, it would just throb.
I'm at like a 3 or a 4. It doesn't truly 'hurt' but it's there and it nags at me and it makes me scared to actually start running.
I actually got this thing, half for how great it feels, and half to make crude jokes with.
>>
>>34861091
Plantar facitis is just one of those things where the only way to truly make it go away is to rest your foot. Don't do anything that makes it hurt or even become sore the next day. In the mean time, roll out the foot and continue doing your stretches. This will help prevent it from coming back by taking pressure off the plantar fascia, but don't expect it to speed up the recovery process much. Damaged tissue is damaged tissue.
>>
>>34861270

yeah, that looks like something /soc/ would use
>>
>>34861144
I would argue that a Chiro would actually be way better than any generic physician with regards to your problem.
>>
>>34861270
That looks exciting to put up your ass
>>
Racing on PF is literally the worst thing you could possibly do to it. I developed plantar fasciitis while I ran cross country and decided, like a genius 17 year old, to keep on running. When it flared up to its worst, it was the week of my most important race thus far. On a course where everyone PRs, I dropped by far the worst time I've ever ran, limped across the finish line to save my pride, and collapsed right there. I could barely walk between classes for the rest of the season and I was in physical therapy for months. One of the worst decisions I've ever made.

DO NOT RUN THE RACE
>>
>>34861348
It actually feels great tho. It's just hella frustating, waiting for things to heal.
>>
have you had your technique looked at in detail?

have you considered the possibilty of calcaneal stress fracture?

have you used anti inflammatory drugs?
>>
>>34861559
↑ this
I had work-related PF and stupidly walked on it for weeks until the pain was so intense it made me sweat. Doctor told me arch supports in good shoes (New Balance) and sleep in a (special) boot, and megadose Ibuprofen, and it took three months to recover.
>>
>>34861091
Assuming you have a desk job/are a student

>put a tennis ball under your desk
>roll your foot constantly whilst you work

In my (limited)>experience you gotta just roll it as much as possible
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.