[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im fucking fat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: fuckingfat.jpg (82 KB, 820x654) Image search: [Google]
fuckingfat.jpg
82 KB, 820x654
well /fit/ this is my first time posting here, but i need help/advice. just stepped on scale and it said 193.6, im 5'4 male.

ive already cut soda out of my diet a while back when my gut started swelling and i formed titties, can cut sugar out of my coffee and stick with tea and water beyond that. thinking for food going for a paleo diet. i have also been doing daily walks, but obviously thats not enough. i am a total poorfag so i cant afford a gym or weights (dont already own any) so i guess im asking for a good body weight workout to start with and diet advice. im not really looking to get swole or cut, but the road im on right now makes me hate myself. pic related, what i feel like.

3 years ago i was about 135 - 140
>>
>>34859844
I'm not much of an expert but I believe that your time spent lifting, bodyweight or otherwise, would be maximized if you are at a caloric surplus.
Given that, your best route should be to cut weight with high cardio exercises like running biking and swimming because you'll have to be at a caloric deficit anyway to lose your extra fat.
Then, if you're intrested, try lifting when you can have a smart diet at a caloric surplus.
>>
>>34860522
Not to say lifting won't burn calories but your results will be be disappointing and it's less time efficient as a weight loss method. however, you might find it the must fun/bearable.
>>
Don't go on any crazy diet yet. Just calculate your TDEE and eat 500 calories beneath it.

After you get used to this, then you can start eating healthier foods.

Doing everything at once will probably make you fail, just saying.
>>
>>34859844
bodyweight squats, pushups, biking

fuck the paleo diet, just eat less and eat healthy
>>
>>34860522
>>34860538
No, no no no, none of this, this is horseshit. You're fat as fuck, you'll be able to recomp. I promise, it's exactly what I did. Do the 500 calorie deficit (sticky will teach you about that) and start lifting. You have enough excess energy storage on your body that, as long as you're getting a decent amount of protein, you'll build muscle just fine. You're going to be waaaay better off with a frame of muscularity slowly emerging out of your wretched fat husk than you will be cutting down to rail thin and trying to build on top of it.
>>
>>34860754
THIS X100000000000000000000000000000
>>
hey op here, i dicked off for a while but thanks for the replies. i feel pretty good about what >>34860754 posted because if we rewind further back a i had a pretty good muscle build as i used to work in a lumber mill and did carpentry, and being expected to keep up with guys a full foot taller than me got me into a really good build. i actually have huge cavernous stretch marks in my armpits from the growth in my shoulders/arms.

one other question if anyone wants to answer is what is the verdict on fasts. i was thinking of doing a short term fast just to purge my system and try to get a fresh start going, but i dont know if it would be a waste of time or detrimental.
>>
>>34861808
not really a fit person yet however i have lost 30lb by intermittent fasting
>>
>>34861860
how long would you fast for at a time
>>
>>34861885
only ate from noon to 8pm for a couple weeks but im going to start day-long fasts though because ive heard some pretty good things
>>
>>34861905
oh, with where i am at now, i was seriously considering just having my morning coffee and then just water after that for a couple days to a week if i could make it.

as i type that out it sounds horribly unhealthy tho
>>
>>34859844
100 pushups
100 sit ups
100 squats
All your fat will fall out.
>>
>>34861808
Fasting can very easily lead to bingw eating. A caloric deficit with lots of filling fruits and vegetables is optimal for weight loss.
>>
>>34861933
>sounds unhealthy
It is.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.