[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not activating pecs enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Lately it feels like I am not hitting my pecs enough after I get done lifting, or that I haven't really maxed them out, just worked triceps until I couldn't do anymore. I tend to focus on just using dumbbells since they don't need spotters and if I can't bench enough it's more embarrassing. The next day I don't ever really feel the soreness that I would in my arms or legs, only slightly where the pecs attach to the arm

Any suggestions on how to activate them more /fit/?
>>
File: activate_those_almondsjpg.jpg (38 KB, 320x214) Image search: [Google]
activate_those_almondsjpg.jpg
38 KB, 320x214
>>34858055
Soak them in a water for a day.
>>
>>34858055
you need to activate our almonds first
>>
>>34858055
Try german volume training.
10 sets of 10 reps each with 30-90 second breaks.

Generally, you want to be at the point where you would fail on the 11th rep. You will be using lower weight, thus being able to focus more on form, and you will be sore as hell
>>
>>34858055
2 minutes on google
>>
Progressive overload month to month on bench variations. Come back in a year.
>>
File: Screenshots_2015-10-30-19-54-19.png (590 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2015-10-30-19-54-19.png
590 KB, 1080x1920
>>34858119
Oops, here's pic
>>
Push things.
>>
you need to hit your pecs, literally
>>
>>34858055
take it as a blessing in disguise big chests aint aeshtetic. suck ur bench gains without the negatives brah
>>
>>34858167
>big chests aint aeshtetic
confirmed faggot
>>
File: Hugh_B_Myron.jpg (151 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Hugh_B_Myron.jpg
151 KB, 800x800
>>34858167
>take it as a blessing in disguise big chests aint aeshtetic.

Chestlet detected.
>>
>>34858055

Your muscles have probably adapted to set routines.

You need to shock the muscle by throwing it off. So do a normal set, then the next set do a press, a fly, and then a hex press over and over.

Next set do normal DB press.

Set after that do those 3 I listed.
>>
>>34858621

While you're at it throw in some dips in between those sets you listed.
>>
>>34858091
Top fucking kek
>>
>>34858091
Manu is way better desu
>>
>>34858621
>>34858639

Also, start counting the reps out loud in spanish.

This confuses the muscles since they can't speak Spanish.
>>
>>34860976
Also, set up in the squat rack and get pumped up to do some ATG. Rack the bar, breath in and out while looking at yourself in the mirror with intense focus, then quickly rerack and run over to do bench.
>>
>>34858055
Find out how they activate almonds. Perform the same action on your pecs.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.