[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OHP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: stronglifts-overhead-press.jpg (109 KB, 1024x318) Image search: [Google]
stronglifts-overhead-press.jpg
109 KB, 1024x318
Is it bad to OHP in the squad rack or is it ok?
>>
>>34856071
Who gives a fuck
>>
>>34856071
If theres not an alternative at your gym its fine
If you have stands use those instead
>>
>>34856077
I don't want to be a douche at the gym and piss others off
>>
Should also mention that there is only 1 rack in my gym and it's always pretty crowded
>>
How do you call OHP with lowering a BB behind your head? Somehow it feels more easy
>>
>>34856116
Behind the head press
>>
>>34856087

Does every single person rack the weights at your gym?

Do you see people curling in the squat rack?

Does every person wipe down the equipment when you're done?

So why are you concerned about using an olympic bar for its actual purpose
>>
Why do you need a rack to perform the press? Unless you're severely imbalanced you can just clean the weight up into the starting position
>>
It's bad if other people are waiting for the rack.

My gym has two squat racks, I use one to OHP if they're both empty, if not I leave it for someone else using the rack for its intended purpose.

If your gym only has one rack and it's used a lot, you should just clean the weight.
>>
>>34856129
Thanks m8. I wonder if I should stick with it or struggle with the regular OHP on my shoulder day
>>
>>34856077
I R O N Y
O
N
Y
>>
>>34856136
Yeah pretty much everyone does all of those things
>>
>>34856170
exactly what I do, simillar concept with other exercises.
Like the power rack has those godly pull up handles in a multitude of positions, but I take care to not keep someone from squatting there. Just rude. inb4 not rude its alpha. Nah bro, I maintain moral superiority and have respect for the fact that I'd rage if some guy was doing some stupid shit while I was trying to use a piece of equipment to work out safely.
Also, op, just clean that shit or use dumbells ya dipshit
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 525x394) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 525x394
>>34856071
It's best done when some aspie muh squatz fag gets butt ravaged because he drank his pre workout on the drive to the gym, and he can't compromise the order of his workout.
>>
>tfw when no squad to squad in the squad rack with

Feels bad man
>>
>>34856071

If you're doing it _in_ the rack I'm going to judge you for being short.

If you mean moving the pins to the outside of the rack, like your pic shows, go to town.

You could clean it from the floor, but there are benefits to saving energy & getting in a good position to start.
>>
what kind of manlet racks do you guys all have at your gym? I'm 6'3 and I OHP inside the rack no problem
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.