[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been lifting on a deficit for almost 5 months now;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: food.jpg (81 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
food.jpg
81 KB, 800x533
I've been lifting on a deficit for almost 5 months now; stronglifts and keto. I've never lifted seriously before.

This is what I have done in 5 months; everything in pounds:

Body Weight: 260 to 220
Squat: 45 to 235
Bench: 45 to 130
OHP: 45 to 90
Deadlift: 45 to 245
Row: 45 to 180

(The reason I started everything at 45 is because I am pants on head retarded and I didn't know any better when I started.)

Are my OHP and Bench as fucking terrible as I think they are in terms of having had 5 months working on them?

How can I get my triceps and shoulders into line?
>>
>>34855378

Is this in pounds?
>>
>>34855378

Have you done any of the more difficult progressions and variations of the lifts? i.e. incline, DB, cableflies, supersetting, front/hack squat, power cleans, etc?

Also, if you've hit a plateau on all your lifts with regular sets and reps count, try upping the sets or reps, or run a reverse pyramid periodization.

Let's hear what the rest of /fit/ has to say.
>>
I guess the overall question is whether or not my progress is acceptable given the fact that I am lifting through a deficit.

>>34855509
Yes, everything is.

>>34855535
No. I have not done variations of any of the lifts. And I haven't done any other isolation work, like chinups/dips because I think I'm still too weak to pull it off, and I don't have shit to try them at home, and I'm still scared shitless to try and fail in the gym. I'll get over the feel when I've dropped more weight and I'm confident that I'll be able to pull off 2 or 3 of them in the first set so that I don't look like a complete sad sack.

I feel like my squats have increased so much that they are exhausting me to the detriment of the subsequent lifts. Is it too early to switch squats to 3x5 to save energy so I can get my bench and ohp up?
>>
p... pls respond.
>>
>>34855378

You made progress and that is always something to be proud of, but boy did you start out weak...
>>
I started today stronglift and i really liked.

i felt tired doing so i will stick to the program for maybe 2 months and see if I get some results
>>
>>34858461
I start my 4 week tomorrow.
Everythings fine except OHP. Fuck that shit. I have failed 2 times now with only 25kg

I want to continue at least 3 months, if all go fine, I want to continue until i start failing all the lifts.
>>
>>34855378
I don't think they're that bad anon. I started at 290 down to about 220.
Squat 115-170
Dead 120-200
Bench 85-135
OHP 55-85

I've been counting calories since mid July and lifting for about a month. We're gonna make it dude just keep at it.
>>
>>34858503
iam fucking weak 15kg for Squats and BP
20kg for ROW

Weak start but a start i will keep going up.
>>
>>34855378
>I guess the overall question is whether or not my progress is acceptable given the fact that I am lifting through a deficit
For someone that's on a cut AND keto, yes, I would say they're acceptable.
Forget the bench if you're doing it with a barbell, switch to dumbbells.
And OHP is the hardest lift out of all those, you won't progress as fast on the other lifts.

Deadlift is seriously lacking though. I weight 150 lbs and I deadlift more than that.
SL is pretty retarded when it comes to DL, fucking 1x5? What is that shit? I can sort of understand because you're squatting first and in every workout, but come on.

If you're really looking at improving a lift, you need a different program, one that emphasizes that particular lift like>>34855535 said about pyramid periodization.
SL should be ran for 6-12 months MAX.

Don't expect fast gains on a cut + low carb diet. Just keep sticking to it and once you're at goal weight then do a lean bulk and either switch programs or stick with SL/SS.
>>
>>34855378
>(The reason I started everything at 45 is because I am pants on head retarded and I didn't know any better when I started.)

It's not ideal, but it's hardly pants on head retarded. Well, maybe for deadlift.

Those aren't great results for five months from beginner on a deficit, but they aren't an hero level either.

Actually, forty pounds down on body weight in five months is pretty good.

Keep going OP. Good luck.
>>
bw: 76Kgs
squat: 80kgs
curl: 20kgs
pull up: 25kg plus 5 times
started fitness like two years ago doing muay thai
started lifting weights 3 months ago
mode?
>>
>>34858815
also 6"
>>
>>34857217
Oh man, when I started, those workouts were complete jokes. I started with literally just the bar and I wasn't even breaking a sweat or losing my breath that bad. And since there was nothing to warm up to, I had to do so much cardio to make my workouts last an hour even. Now just with my warm ups and working sets, I'm in the gym at least 90 minutes each time.

>>34858547
You're 70 pounds down... since mid July? And you're out-benching me after having only lifted for a month? Fucks.

>>34858696
Yeah I probably should be doing DB bench instead of BB to prevent preferring one side without realizing. How do I pick a number to convert my current BB bench to db bench? Like what set of weights should I pick up?

Thanks for the info (and encouragement) though. I'm going to stick with it until I get down to somewhere in the neighborhood of 190, probably, and then pick a new program.
>>
>>34855378
This is real as fuck. You started off with the bar and are working your way up to God mode. Keep at it, anon.

As for increasing your bench, triceps should be your main focus. Skull crushers, dips, close-grip bench. I'm sure theres more, but thats a good start.
>>
>>34859150
Thanks man. It's nice to hear that. I'll be posting more when I have dropped more weight and got a more advance program going.

I will absolutely start some of those isolation exercises you mentioned. They are optional as part of Stronglifts. I will swallow my pride and hop on the assisted dip machine at first.
>>
>>34858815
>age 15
pls go
>>
File: the last thing zyzz saw.webm (148 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
the last thing zyzz saw.webm
148 KB, 384x288
>>34855378

Making those kinds of gains with keto intake? How many carbs on average do you intake daily?

Slightly mirin.
>>
>>34859486
I run it a bit loose; I can't keep myself from enjoying peanuts which are fairly high-carb for nuts, and I like these buffalo breaded chicken chunks I get at costco for my dinner, when I have a salad with ceasar salad dressing. So to answer your question, a typical day runs at about 45 g of carbs, even though the boilerplate suggestion is <30.

Serious question, is keto known to shit on your strength gains? Why would you be mirin? I thought I was doing kinda shitty.
>>
>>34859537

Nice work breh! In my experience with Keto, my strength gains took a shit.

Glad you're doing well though, keep it up!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.