[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just started keto what do i need to know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1391616822969s.jpg (2 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1391616822969s.jpg
2 KB, 124x125
just started keto

what do i need to know?
>>
>>34851008
nothing if you have started then you would have done your reasearch
>>
>falling for a meme diet

that you're retarded
>>
>>34851008
You still have time to quit it
>>
>>34851008
That keto is a meme.
>>
>>34851025
>>34851053
>>34851140
explain

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
>>
>>34851008
Do carcinogens fit your macros?
>>
How can you start a diet without knowing what to do?
>>
>>34851485
wat
>>
>>34851008
That you should go back to reddit.
>>
>>34851863
keto works. 100,000 fat redditors cannot be wrong.
>>
what's with all the keto hate?

hasn't it basically been proven to work?
>>
>>34855291
Keto works by helping to create a calorie deficit.

It's probably most effective for folks who are insulin sensitive, and those who've been overeating on bad carbs (like sugar).
>>
>>34855373
it's also good way to maximize your protein intake without resorting to cancerous powders
>>
I've done keto for a month, I lost like 8lbs but gained no strength at all. Still ate a lot.

Jacking this thread for a quick question: How much carbs should I ingest in a day? like 100g?
>>
>>34851297
>83 pages
>implying I'm going to read that
>>
>>34851485
kek
>>
>>34851008
How to tie a noose so you can kill yourself autismo kid
>>
File: uwot.jpg (6 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
6 KB, 250x180
>>34855528
The present study shows the beneficial effects of a long-term ketogenic diet. It significantly reduced the body weight and body mass index of the patients. Furthermore, it decreased the level of triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and blood glucose, and increased the level of HDL cholesterol. Administering a ketogenic diet for a relatively longer period of time did not produce any significant side effects in the patients. Therefore, the present study confirms that it is safe to use a ketogenic diet for a longer period of time than previously demonstrated.
>>
>>34851008
You really don't want too much protein. Too much will convert to glucose, which will keep you form reaching ketosis and you won't feel as good. I get 115g protein and 200g fat currently.

Get enough sodium, potassium and water. 3-4L water, 5-8g potassium, and 4-6g sodium. Roughly. It's individual.

Here's what I eat

avocado
almonds
walnuts
chia seeds
hemp hearts
coconut oil
olive oil
olives
spinach, brocolli, kale, green beans, cucumbers
pink himalayan seasalt
white rice protein w/ stevia and cinnamon (mix with water or nut milk)
>>
>>34851008
eat meat and cheese and nothing else. there, you now know how to keto.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.