[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you add your oats to boiling water or add water and oats at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Oatmeal.jpg (82 KB, 670x469) Image search: [Google]
Oatmeal.jpg
82 KB, 670x469
Do you add your oats to boiling water or add water and oats at the same time?
>>
File: 20151026_142823.jpg (700 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151026_142823.jpg
700 KB, 2048x1152
Boil then slide them in
>>
>water
>not activated almond milk
enjoy you bland tasting oats
>>
I actually tried oat pancakes this morning. They turned out better than I thought they would.
>>
>>34848774

>there are people on /fit/ right now who don't just mix a protein shake with theire favorite flavor and add it to a bowl of oats and frozen berries before putting it in the microwave for 2 minutes and pour a bit of cinnamon over it when it's done

It's like you want to waste time
>>
i make oats with milk because it makes them taste a million times better. oats with water is pretty bad, oats with milk is one of my favorites.
>>
>>34848774
I make it with milk
Add the milk and oats at the same time
>>
>>34848774
my way
put oats in bowl
add water
microwave for 40 sec
take out and stir
microwave for another 50
add some skim milk and stir to improve consistency
top with honey, bran and seed/dried fruit mix
>>
File: 1442157857523.jpg (17 KB, 187x178) Image search: [Google]
1442157857523.jpg
17 KB, 187x178
>Not microwaving your oats like a good lad
>>
>>34850306
>>34850328
This.
>>
>oats in a pot
>milk (full fat) in a pot
>stick it in medium/high heat
>constantly stir
>pour into bowl when still quite liquidy
>add honey, cinnamon powder and blueberries
>>
>>34848774
take bowl
put oats
put water

eat
>>
>>34849554

>not activating your oats

enjoy your vitamin deficiency
>>
Oats and whole milk, boil on high for a minute, let it chill out for 5. Thanks based Rene Redzepi
>>
I boil water in my electric kettle and pour it over oats in the bowl.

About 2 minutes to boil and once it's in it's cool enough to eat in about 1 minute. That would make time from starting preparation to eating shorter than microwaving.

Also my oats always boil over and get my microwave wet when I try.
>>
>>34850306
This post knows what's up

Mix oats and boiled water -> add milk
>>
>>34850328
enjoy your cancer
>>
am I the only one that doesn't cook them at all? I just put them in a bowl with milk and some frozen berries.
I don't wanna go through any more effort than that and I don't really see why I should
>>
When I microwave my oats, that shit goes out of the bowl in like 40 seconds. Is my bowl too small, or am I doing something else wrong?
>>
Anyone else here do the buff dudes overnight oats recipe?

3/4 cup oats
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup low-fat Greek yoghurt
Handful sultanas
Bit of honey

Put all in mason jar, shake, refrigerate overnight. Eat next morning at breakfast.
>>
>>34850471

>everything is cancer
>everything is causing cancer

enjoy being cancer idiot fuccboi.

if a microwave makes you get cancer, you might as well kill yourself so your weak ass body is erased from the gene pool.
>>
>put oats in a bowl
>put a bit of milk in
>add some water for volume
>put it in the microwave
>add some honey and cinnamon
>>
let it sit in water over night.
Cook it with milk the next morning.
>>
So in country oats aren't really popular and I don't even know how to cook them, if I make a shale with milk, banana, peanutbutter and uncooked oats am I retarded ?
Do I have to cook oats ?
>>
>>34851299
*In my country
*shake

Fucking phone
>>
>>34850328
it takes the same amount of time and having to take it out all the time to stir sucks and if you don't then the whole thing just becomes a huge bubble and makes a mess
>>
File: 1446782578361.jpg (2 MB, 1930x1296) Image search: [Google]
1446782578361.jpg
2 MB, 1930x1296
>>34850545
oats, water, microwave for 1:20, stir, check consistency, add water if needed, honey, greek yogurt on the side, eat.
>>
>>34851299
No, but the consistency would be awful. You want to blend not shake it.
>>
File: 1446979157097.jpg (54 KB, 562x960) Image search: [Google]
1446979157097.jpg
54 KB, 562x960
I'm not joking here, but what the fuck is this? Do you really cook oats? I always ate them up just raw, straight from the box.

I was just watching youtube and apparently people eat it like it was some weird pudding, very disgusting.

Is this really the norm?
>>
>>34850480
im with you m8, i usually just add some milk and call it a day, some times, just some times, (weekends or so) i cook my oats and add some cinamon with rasins.
>>
>>34851378
Yes

Oui
Ja
>>
>>34848774
3/4 cup of oats.
Add water.
Microwave for 1:30.
Add 1 tablespoon of baking cocoa (10 calories) and 1 tablespoon of powdered peanut butter (23 calories).
Top with a bit of sugar-free pancake syrup.
Stir / mix.
True love.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.