[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Injury/Recovery Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1446675581029.jpg (98 KB, 720x1168) Image search: [Google]
1446675581029.jpg
98 KB, 720x1168
Hey fit, I cut two tendons in my left hand,
docs say I can't workout for at least 2 months and no weight until 6.
How screwed am I?
Is this finger physio worth it?

general recovery thread
pic unrelated
>>
>>34848518
Do what the doctor says

I think I did something to my knee last night at my brother's wedding. Sharp pain if I put torsion on it. Not sure what I did because I was really, really drunk. Must've been dancing too hard or something
>>
>>34848518

Calisthenics
>>
>>34848518
That sucks. How did you do it?
>>
>>34848518
stick with the hand physio, fingers are so prone to improper healing

and obviously you can still workout if it doesnt involve use of the hand directly, you could even squat
>>
>>34848699

Stabbing a door (it was stupid)
knife slid into my hand
>>
>>34848715
won-t compounds like squat risk an involuntary flex that breaks the stitch?
>>
>>34848518
I ruptured the tendon to my middle finger on my right hand in May or 2013. After 4 months of occupational therapy I was cleared to go back to the gym. I couldn't even hold a 15 lb weight without it rolling out of my grip. After a year my grip went back to normal. Also scar tissue is a bitch.
>>
>>34848762
Yes just listen to your doctor

I had a bad back muscle tear once and took 4 months off. It's not long in the scheme of things.

Your muscles have memory and you will be surprised at how easy it is to gain back to the point you were at
>>
>>34848657

Sounds like it's just a strain. If it persists head to a doctor and remedial massage therapist..
>>
File: 3245234235423.png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
3245234235423.png
11 KB, 645x773
>>34848518
Ruptured my ACL plus damaged my cartilage 7 weeks ago, had the knee reconstruction 6 weeks ago.
After 3 weeks in crutches my legs have lost a lot of mass especially the injured leg which has pretty much lost all muscle.
>>
>>34849198

How has your back healed?

Recently done something to my back. Mild discomfort, fatigues with walking, not a sharp pain but something feels off.
>>
Partial torn left pec from 9 months ago. Still weak and is deformed. Fuck
>>
oct 9 broken collar bone trying to do martial arts
12 weeks until I can run or do upper body
>tfw my best cardio right now is the stationary bike
kill me
>>
>>34850020
Worried about that exact thing. Getting reconstruction of my medial patello-femoral ligament soon. I heard it takes 6 months to a year of physio to get your legs even again
>>
>>34852451
>>34850020
Going through the same thing in December. Used to squat three times a week and play football five times a week on top of that, but haven't been able to do that while waiting for the surgery for the last 4 months or so. Lost a bit of muscle mass, but I will probably lose even more after the surgery.
>>
Who /tenniselbow/ here? All I have to do is put a band on my forearm below my elbow and the pain goes away.
>>
File: back-muscles.jpg (50 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
back-muscles.jpg
50 KB, 500x400
>>34848518

I have a very sharp and very localized pain in my right latissimus when I flex it, feels like a tearing pain but in a super small area (pic related)

Its not typical soreness, neither is it nerve pain. Any ideas what it could be?
>>
>>34850548
You will be good to go after about 6 weeks, trust me im a professional collar bone breaker. Done the left twice (once shattered in to 4 pieces the other a clean break) and then the right twice as well both were clean though.
>>
I think my whole spine is kinda fucky and my knees are really sore right now (especially when they bend as im sitting down and they popped a lot yesterday). I was spending about 45 min on the treadmill everyday and then doing about 30+ min on machines 4-5 times a week for 5 weeks.

I really want to go to the gym, but I did physical activity all weekend so I could miss today if necessary.
>>
the back of my left knee swells after any kind of activity. wat do? hot ? cold? an hero?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.