[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/PLG/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
Welcome to /PLG/, Powerlifting General.

Only for the purpose of becoming a better athlete on the platform.

Post progress, PR's, meet videos, sweet lifts, or anything powerlifting training related!

>death to lanklets edition
http://powerliftinggeneral.com/
>>
first for having a wank desu senpai
>>
File: chubby loser.jpg (108 KB, 1922x1016) Image search: [Google]
chubby loser.jpg
108 KB, 1922x1016
gf just sent me this
>>
File: 1446855404031.jpg (46 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1446855404031.jpg
46 KB, 1440x900
I'm sad because it seems all of the trips are becoming normies.
We used to all be autistic together but now everyone is out with girls, even BenchBro got himself a qt gf.

When will it be my turn?
>>
>>34847577
watch this and pretend shes your gf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xJoQlh1EHc
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXEojcPTj2c
Here is my Daily Smolov Vid (for the bored or the lonely).

This was the hardest squat session of my life. Tons of accumulated fatigue, and I did some RUNNING yesterday (work related).

My god did I have fatigue piled up. Right hip flexor is super bound up, as well.

Took it slow, and wifey cheered me on. Got through it, but just barely. Reminded me of some of the harder distance races I've done in the past. Just grinding.

7 sets of 5 at 415 lbs.

Enjoy :)
>>
>>34847646
god thats awful
>>
>>34847646
I prefer to watch ATK girlfriends.
>>
WHERE IS ALEX
>>
>>34847640
>>34847640

(Thanks to all who replied for your help)
>>
Creatine
Beta alanine
caffeine
ephedra

Want something to switch from ephedra and caffeine
>>
>>34847714
>Creatine
please stay safe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M9ThxUliyA
>>
File: boardshorts and his gif.jpg (146 KB, 610x753) Image search: [Google]
boardshorts and his gif.jpg
146 KB, 610x753
>>34847589
Yeah I agree with this.

Furthermore the percentages are kind of a moot point after the beginning of the program anyway, right, assuming you follow the Lascek version where you only increase VD weights when you have to?

>>34847443
Thanks for your feedback lad.

I'll probably have to drop the DL %age or do a variation but for the time being it might be ok given that I am pretty weak so the fatigue shouldnt add up too much.

>90% for bench on VD might be high as well, not sure though.

I think this shouild be ok but I'll see how it goes. If I'm thinking about this correctly, the % only matters at the beginning of the program anyway since you only add weight on VD when you need to, aye?

>i like the accessory day, maybe add something like db seated shoulder press, pretty light, for high reps

Isnt shoulder pressing a meme?

>ID might be a lot of accessory work after all your heavy main sets, might wanna drop some. back work 4x/week might be excessive/unnecessary.

I feel. I'll have to see how it feels. I was thinkign since ID is a bit lighter (in terms of volume ofc) lots of accessories *should* be fine. I also just really like doing back work.

Lots of lads comment about adding bench sets on ID as well but I might hold off on that for now unless anyone thinks its really necessary
>>
Had to deal with some Conans Wheel training over the weekend.

Everything is pain. Everything.
>>
>>34847714
Tried meth?
>>
>>34847577

how old are you?
>>
>>>34847578

yeah it's very similar to this: https://youtu.be/h6nxexHhvxA?t=570

but he doesn't suggest much in the way of corrective movements
>>
>>34847737
OHP is a meme, some type of shoulder work should be done imo. just don't treat it like a core lift, treat it as an assistance lift.

yeah the 2x/week high % dl thing will probably be fine for awhile. You're right about it only mattering in the beginning. i'm just saying watch out for being too tired to want to do those accessories. and i would hold off on adding volume on ID until you feel you need to
>>34847705
anytime friend
>>
>>34847753
>>
>>34847738

Fuuuck, jelly as fuck. I think the fever that Norse gets for Oly is the same one I get for strongman shit.
>>
>>34847792

I'm a 23 year old virgin. Quit your whining normie scum
>>
>>34847792

I was essentially a kissless virgin until the last couple months of being 19. At that point I decided, fuck it, the consequences of getting rejected can't be as bad as being pathetic. Then a switch just sort of clicked and I ended up hooking up with 6-7 grills before getting a gf at age 20
>>
File: shieet.png (13 KB, 693x268) Image search: [Google]
shieet.png
13 KB, 693x268
Popped in real quick to say get ready to see some even uglier squats tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzV-pVIVAxY
>>
What, if any, rights and protection should be given to species of animal with high intelligence such as the great apes, elephants and dolphins?
>>
>>34847816

I don't claim to be good at it, but damn that was unpleasant. If it wasn't an event on my first meet (which is pretty unofficial fuckaround stuff) I'd be busy avoiding the damn thing. Especially as I was dumb enough to do it without sleeves.

Took 150kg for a minutes walk. Got about 30s and a whole lot less distance with 200. Stood up with 250 but it wasn't going anywhere. Luckily the weight in comp is only going to be 150 - but as its a fairly light comp overall the real winner is gonna be who can move best.

No surprises that they expect a lot of the field to be crossfitters testing the waters.
>>
>>34847827

I'll side film my next squat set, Joe, so you don't feel so badly.
>>
>>34847652
I know of that feel of solid bar speed but every rep feeling like death. I'm going to experience it tomorrow actually.
>>
>>34847737
That image doesnt make sense, the sounds of the interjection jajajaja are totally different in spanish and german.
>>
File: fuck this general.png (68 KB, 502x604) Image search: [Google]
fuck this general.png
68 KB, 502x604
>>34847863
>that feel of solid bar speed but every rep feeling like death. I'm going to experience it tomorrow actually.

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

>Go get it, friend.
>>
>>34847897
such a cute lil poem.
watched your vid, looked like death.
>>
>>34847931
>poem.
>death.

That poem is a metaphor for death. Glad you picked up on my implication :)

It was not pleasant.
>>
>>34847931
>cute lil poem.

That poem is many things, but cute ain't it.
>>
>>34847827
That was actually the day of the program I upped my squat max because it was so easy.

I even did that last 80%x2x4 belt less highbar.
>>
>>34847961
>>34847951
really? i always interpreted it as santa clause desu.
>>
>>34847471
Do you believe in nofap?
>>
>>34848001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk_ddfiFkGQ
>>
>when stupid fucking children try to read poetry

just choked on my whisky lads
>>
>>34847827
Uhm, joelad.

>285 =/= 85% of 370

Don't you squat 370?
>>
>>34848013
>do you believe in nofap

pfffffffffffffffffffffffttttt hahahahahahah

nigga i jerk off 1-2 times a day these days
>>
>>34847788
>OHP is a meme, some type of shoulder work should be done imo. just don't treat it like a core lift, treat it as an assistance lift.

okee doke. The reason I stopped doing OHP desu was because I fucked by back on it and figured

"no reason to be doing this meme if it can fuck my shit up"

>yeah the 2x/week high % dl thing will probably be fine for awhile. You're right about it only mattering in the beginning. i'm just saying watch out for being too tired to want to do those accessories. and i would hold off on adding volume on ID until you feel you need to

agreed, agreed.

thanks laddie
>>
>>34848035
which is why i hate ohp. seated dumbbell press will probably be lighter and easier on your back though.
>>34848016
what about multiple interpretations and all that jazz? definitely santa claus
>>
>>34848033
To what?
>>
>>34848031
I lowered my max alot to prevent snapping my shit
>>
>>34848052
How are you getting tired or losing for then ?

You should have great for on such light weights
>>
>>34848068
I have no volume conditioning
>>
>>34848048
ur mum :D
>>
>>34848047

Lad. Frost did not write about Santa Claus.

You're almost as bad as a girl I had in an American lit course that tried to make every Dickinson poem about her vagina.
>>
Is it alright to add some accessory/arm workouts to the end of each day on the Texas method? Would that interfere with my progress?
>>
>>34848131
ask [insert current accusation meme here]
>>
>>34848128
Poems are meant to be interpreted different by everyone
>>
>>34848131
>>>/fit/fraud
>>34848128
i literally see no reason why it can't be about santa claus. he's very tired on christmas eve and he has to deliver a shitload more presents with his fucking reindeer sleigh before he can go home. maybe if more people looked at the brighter side of poetry and weren't all doom and gloom we wouldn't be so miserable ;^)
>>
Anyone have any 3 lift LPs they'd recommend? I have pretty advanced stats but I want to take a break from doing my own thing. I'd sort of be tempted to do something like RSR but it's a bit too hard right now.
>>
Anyone have any 3 lift power lifts they'd recommend? I am really good at doing meme lifts but I want to take a break from doing my own thing. I'd sort of be tempted to do something like deadlifitng, squatting, or benching but it's a bit too hard right now.
>>
File: 1433028774676.png (9 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
1433028774676.png
9 KB, 241x209
>>34847577
Iktf
>>
>>34848162

'Cause Santa doesn't use a "little horse" u cheeky little bugger
>>
>>34847577

I am literally doing the opposite of this, cus.
>>
>>34848035
Nigger, don't blame the lift on your shitty form. Makes as much sense as dropping deadlifts because it fucked your back once.
>>
Anyone have any 3 films they'd recommend? I have pretty advanced background in flicks but I want to take a break from doing my own thing. I'd sort of be tempted to watch something like "Tree of Life" but it's a bit too hard right now.
>>
>>34848166
Ed Coan has a lot of advanced programs based around simple progressions.
>>
>>34848310

I liked Snowpiercer
>>
>>34848308
Nah I totally agree with you man; I felt kind of dumb after I said that.

I don't blame the lift. It's just that it's pretty much a guarantee that you won't ever do a lift with perfect form 100% of the time.

The risk of you fucking yourself is a probabilistic inevitability, therefore.

The point is just that if you assume this risk for every lift you do (and you do, implicitly), there is not a great reason to do a lift that also has that risk, or a higher risk, when it is not a big 3 lift.
>>
>>34848310
ex machina was interesting. i'm not up to date on tv memes and what constitutes films/flicks/cinema/movies desu so this might be the wrong type.
>>
>post about programs gets ignored
>classic sean troll topic gets immediate responses

You sleep in the bed you make, fellas.
>>
Anyone have any 3 video games they'd recommend? I have pretty advanced background in text-based RPGs but I want to take a break from doing my own thing. I'd sort of be tempted to play something like "Skyrim" but it's a bit too hard right now.
>>
>>34848351
if you are >>34848166
then i don't know what you're asking, sorry m8
>>
>>34848147

I've never found arm work to interfere with progress unless I rek triceps the day before I bench
>>
>>34848310

Memeing aside:

Frank
The Guest
Things We Do in the Shadows

>>34848323
Can second this
>>
>>34848378
Do you not know what an LP is? It stands for linear progression, where some training factor is increased by a fixed amount over time. Three lift means squat, bench and deadlift which are the three lifts used in powerlifting competitions.
>>
>>34848392

Periodisation, not progression. No-one who's actually advanced uses linear progression.
>>
advice please: I'm kinda new to pl around a 1350lb total at 230 lbs. I have been running sheiko but had to miss several weeks due to old sports injuries and xyz excuse

So this year, I have made only 10 lbs of improvement to bench, -25 lb squat, and 0 dead. And I am now like 17-20%bf. Where do I go from this colossal fuckup? Do I cut or keep trying to make progress.
>>
>>34848414
This changes everything!
>>
>>34848392
you say you have advanced stats but want an LP, which is paradoxical, you condescending ass. LPs are basically all the same and it doesn't matter at all which one you do for the most part, so just do starting strength if that's what you're looking for and make small changes to it over time.
>>34848414
if you're looking for linear periodization programs then i don't really know what to tell you. 5/3/1 is the most obvious example but the lift frequency is pretty bad and i think it can be improved upon easily.
>>
>>34848414

Holy shit, a sane person!

>>34848351

Honestly, I'm so fucking burtn out of talking about programs that I think we should just change the OP text to

"SHEIKO"
>>
File: 1446742272106.jpg (88 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1446742272106.jpg
88 KB, 800x450
>>34848147
Bump. I'd really like to know if hypertrophy and strength can be achieved at the same time for different muscles.
>>
>>34848433
>you say you have advanced stats but want an LP, which is paradoxical,

It's not. The fact that you think it is says all we need to know about your next line
>LPs are basically all the same

Starting strength wouldn't work for me.
>>
>>34848441

Arms recover p quickly mate, throwing some curls into it works fine.
>>
>>34848442

If SS won't work for you, basically no linear progression program will. You're either able to progress from session to session or you're not.
>>
>>34848436
i mean i think discussing some of the intricacies of programs and what works/doesn't work in general but "i lift xxx what program should i do" is a very much overkilled topic
>>34848442
LPs refer specifically to programs like SS and SL where you add weight every session. If you're too advanced for SS then you're too advanced for SL or any other LP. nobody calls programs like 5/3/1 LPs, although it does follow linear periodization, because LPs have a stricter definition.
>>34848441
you'll be fine, just don't overkill triceps before bench, as caladan said.
>>
>>34848467
>>34848453
>linear progression

Then linear periodization, thanks to the correction above.

Have you guys never heard of old school powerlifters? They didn't do fucking Sheiko. Ed Coan loved to do linear periodization and everything he recommends is based around it, and even advanced squat programs like Russian Squat Routine use fixed increases in reps and weight over time.
>>
>>34848467
>LPs refer specifically to programs like SS and SL where you add weight every session. If you're too advanced for SS then you're too advanced for SL or any other LP. nobody calls programs like 5/3/1 LPs, although it does follow linear periodization, because LPs have a stricter definition.

Whenever I see LP, I think Linear Periodization, not progression.
>>
>>34848490

Plenty of people think that as well.

But, given we're on /fit/, the progression usage is a lot more common.
>>
>>34848490
well you're wrong lad, at least on plg/fit. if that's the case then don't use the acronym at all and instead type out what you mean to avoid these stupid conversations.
>>34848486
ed coan and other "old school powerlifters" were also on tons of drugs that allowed them to recover and gain strength faster, first of all. if you want to argue block periodization vs. linear periodization don't bother, because both of them are good in different contexts.
>>
>>34848486

We know of the idea. I use a variant on it myself.

But it fell out of favour for a reason, same as traditional block periodization.
>>
>>34848417
>>34848417
>>34848417
>>34848417
can someone please help me out
>>
>>34848520
>ed coan and other "old school powerlifters" were also on tons of drugs

I can't believe you consider yourself competent enough to give advice ever.
>>
>>34848534
you aren't very fat so just eat at a maintenance. programming wise it depends on how much you lost. you can probably get some gains back fairly quickly just by lifting consistently, so i wouldn't hop straight back onto sheiko or something right away. other than that i don't have much to tell you
>>34848538
>state a fact
>get ridiculed for it
get over yourself, i didn't even say linear periodization programs are bad.
>>
>>34848534
Cut if you want to weigh less, make progress if you want to be better.
>>
>>34848563
>i didn't even say linear periodization programs are bad.

Wow, it's almost like your fact was pointless then! Nevermind, you must be great.
>>
>>34848501
>>34848520

I would expect people outside of /plg/ or /owg/ to use LP in regards to "progression" but come on lads.

I do agree though, using an acronym with two possible meanings is ridiculous.
>>
>>34848572
>>
>>34848572
Hi sean.

anyway,

Anyone have any 3 albums they'd recommend? I have pretty advanced background in dadrock but I want to take a break from doing my own thing. I'd sort of be tempted to listen to something like Tibetan throat singing but it's a bit too hard right now.
>>
>>34848588
>state the fact that Joff is garbage
>get ridiculed for it
get over yourself
>>
>>34848486

Here are the three choices we would recommend for a Linear Periodization focused program :

(The Tried and True) Texas Method
(The Stale Memeprogram) 5/3/1
(The less stale memeprogram) Hepburn
>>
>>34848602
I guess I'll do RSR again.
>>
>>34848563

Coan was, by all accounts, on relatively minor amounts of gear by modern standards. Competing in tested feds will do that.

Of course, gear usage in untested feds these days is still all over the place. Some are on a fuckton, others (including Malanichev, if some fairly reliable people are to be believed) are just on moderate amounts of test and maybe some GH.
>>
>>34848588

>Dad Rock

"Open Your Heart" by The Men
"Boys and Girls in America" by The Hold Steady
"Post-Nothing" by Japandroids
>>
>>34848595
Joff is better than you literally ever will be because he has a name on his post.

Unless you have a name, you're just another anon, so whatever you have to say is not that meaningful desu.
>>
>>34848610

Why no Sheiko, btw?
>>
>>34848643
I've done Sheiko a long time, I don't want to do it right now.
>>
>>34848647
why do you want a linear periodization program so badly? have you considered block periodization programs like juggernaut or cube?
>>
>>34848653
I do something linear every year or two and it always works really well for a break. Instead of writing my own I'm curious to see any others that are out there.
>>
File: cop in cancun.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
cop in cancun.gif
3 MB, 400x225
what do you do when you're depressed, tired, and injured
>>
>>34848664
Force myself to maintain a baseline of useful training activity while I sort out my life.
>>
>>34848663
fair enough. i don't know of any, all the linear programs i've done have been written by someone on my team and were "eh". goodluck though.
>>
>>34848680
Thanks you too.
>>
>>34848664

Stretch, foamroll, cuppa tea.
>>
Night lads

Late night bump
>>
Who here /hardtoirritate/?
>>
>>34847678
what up? sorry I was reading for sociology
>>
>>34848936
hey
>>
File: AWWWHH SHEEEEEETTT.png (23 KB, 564x562) Image search: [Google]
AWWWHH SHEEEEEETTT.png
23 KB, 564x562
tomorrow....(and wednesday)
>>
>>34849117
are you actually going to go for 105% if you get 100% somewhat smoothly? Because idk what to do for my skills test, like if I hit 105% on all 3, that would be like 70lbs onto my total, and those seem pretty unrealistic
>>
>>34849117
>105% deadlift up to knees
kek.
in all seriousness, kill it lad. do you're best and don't go in defeated, you might perform better than you think you will.
also i find it weird he has you going up to 95% before going for 100%. in my program it was straight from 90 to 100
>>
>>34847223
Will using slightly lighter weights and focussing on keeping the bar parallel to the ground at all points of the lift help fix an imbalance if I don't have access to heavy enough dumbells? Or is there a better way of doing it?
>>
>>34849162
Just realised I actually forgot to mention what sort of imbalance. I'm talking for bench press, and one of my pecs is noticeably more defined than the other.
>>
How do I strengthen my BOSSterior chain?
>>
>>34849117
You know that's a full deadlift, right?

It's been discussed on the sheiko forum
>>
>>34849421
Dumbbell bench press will fix imbalances.
>>
>>34849575
I know, no access to heavy enough dumbells though, so I'm just looking for alternatives at this point.
>>
>>34849587
Buy dumbbells
>>
>>34849604
Not enough cash, I can barely afford to buy weight plates most of the time. Might be able to rig something up if there's literally no alternatives though.
>>
>>34849611
You have plates, no?
Buy adjustable Dumbbells for like £6
>>
apparently youre supposed to take 1 week off every 2 months?

im taking a week off now for the first time in like 8 months. not working out feels surprisingly bad tbqh, but i guess its neccessary to overcome my stalls.
>>
>>34849626
I do, yeah, but I've never really been able to use mine with bigger plates. Fuck it, I'll give it a go anyway though, I don't know why I didn't just do that to start with. Thanks anon.
>>
>>34849675
To combat overuse injury you take a deload week at the end of every month.

I do it, but I also don't bench 2plates so how could I possibly know what I am talking about?
>>
>>34849697

Depends entirely on your programming. Some require a deload every three weeks, others monthly, others eight or twelve weeks, some never deload at all until a week or two out from competition.
>>
>>34849530
>deadlift up to knees
>full deadlift
no it's a deadlift to the knees with a pause
>>
>>34849923

Probably not.

The earlier sheiko routines floating around have a botched translation - its not a 'deadlift to the knees' but a 'deadlift with a pause at the knees'.
>>
>>34849962
You're wrong tho, pretty sure Norse took the 4day from the forum which is updated and there deadlift to knees = deadlift to knees - > pause 1s - > drop weight
http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=67.0
>>
>>34849923
in this specific situation, on the skills test day, it should say deadlift and not deadlift to knees, because there's no way you're deadlifting to your knees 105% of your max. its supposed to test how well your deadlift has responded to training.
>>34849962
this is wrong, deadlift to the knees is the exercise. you go to your knees then back down, without locking out.
>>
>>34850017
No it's actually a deadlift to knees skill test
>>
>>34850024
no I take that back
(reading forums, got conflicting info, seems you were right)
>>
>>34850033
no worries m80
>>
>>34850063
weird that robert didn't update the excel, was pointed out ages ago
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLHXYLHMhKI
>when I go to /plg/
>>
>tomorrow's sheiko looks fucking awful
it's actually not that bad
>tomorrow's sheiko looks trivial
4 sets of 75%s that feel like 85%s

This programme is weird mang
>>
>>34850070
i agree. maybe he thinks its self explanatory. you never do more than like 70% for deadlift to knees, suddenly doing 105 would be very strange. especially since you maxed out squat and bench the day before
>>
>>34850079
yeah that's probably it, i probably would've just done what was written not knowing better, lots of things in sheiko are pretty ???
still don't know why the fuck pyramid sets are a good idea over regular volume
>>
>>34850075

Fatigue is a harsh mistress.
>>
>>34850100
yeah good point. never really liked the bench pyramids either, they always felt pretty easy to me as well, maybe if they went to higher percentages.
>>
>>34850112
same here, often easy to a point where i have to really focus to not start slacking with form because even loose as a noodle it isn't very challenging
>>
>losing my back with sumo dl's when fatigued
fml
>>
>>34850112

I think bench, moreso than the squat and deadlift (which do still display this effect), is a movement where the difficulty of any given percentage set shoots right the hell up once you start talking about actual advanced lifters.

Which'd possibly explain why so many people find Sheiko in general under-weighted and the bench especially so.
>>
>>34848663
gzcl jacked&tanned is a form of linear periodization iirc
>>
>half rack moves about every time I rack the weight
REEEE
>>
>>34850179
i could see that playing a part, but my program is designed for people with <400 wilks. Either sheiko has less experience coaching these people and therefore hasn't made the accommodations, or he wants the bench to feel like this.
>>
>>34850079
My deadlift to knees is around 220kg atm

But yes that is lower than 70%

After 5x5 squats its more than enough
>>
C6W bench programming does not work for me is it good to add after every bench workout 3x3 @ 90% or similar for weeks 1-3?
>>
>>34850348
did you hear this from me? what i added was 3 doubles @ 90% for weeks 1-3. seemed to work ok.
>>34850346
yeah they serve their purpose at lower percentages, i agree.
>>
>>34850437
I red it somewhere in pölg so maybe
>>
>>34850437
>this NEET child literally is still awake

Sides
>>
>>34850456
>student
>neet
Pick one Sean
>>
NEET;
Not in EDUCATION, Employment or Training
how can you not know what it means before calling everyone NEET?
>>
>when NEETs desperately try to claim they aren't a NEET

Why do they always do this lol
>>
>>34849675
It's always seemed to me that a deload more often than every 6 weeks is just wasted time, and even that is probably too often.
>>
This place is so bad with all the Sean-posting and shitposting I will leave and comeback in a few months. Bye senpai
>>
>>34850687
it'll only get worse, seriously
>>
>>34850687
Also the filter thing is just ridiculous.

I think that the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were 100% justified and that the United States has literally nothing to apologize or feel guilty for as far as the dropping of atomic bombs on those cities go.
>>
Deficit sumos today lads

>Hold me.
>>
>>34850723
try it with a snatch grip lad
>>
>>34850737

Might try after my work sets.

I've got deficits and block pulls (both sumo) alternating weekly one day, and conventional from the floor another day. 16 week template, Sheiko-ish in terms of volume. Hopefully will end in a PB.
>>
>>34850792
rooting for you lad
>>
>>34850691
Can't handle the bants
>>
>>34850792
If youre looking at your programming and saying "hopefully" regarding prs, change it
>>
Hey Sean the world is a cold uncaring alien place and is not like what I was told by parents/media/whatever, how do I deal with it.
>>
>tfw tweaked something in mid-back

Fug. Hope it doesn't affect benching too much. Should I try and lacrosse ball it a bit?
>>
>>34850835
A good point in most situations. My concern is that the carryover I got from squat won't be anywhere near as high whilst I'm rehabbing my hip. In completely uncharted territory here.
>>
Sean can I get drunk with you we can cry and shitpost plg together I don't care anymore just want to egt drunk
>>
>tfw going for a diddylift rep PR soon, gonna blast this and let the feels flow through me
CMON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVHx23ByhM
>>
>>34850984
Please don't be embarrassing.
>>
>>34850988
>wat r earphones
>>
First day of sheiko lads
>>
>>34851031
proud of you honey
>>
>>34851031
Ur bench sucks
>>
>>34851031
let the gains flow trough your veins lad
>>
>>34851067
Still better than my squats tbH (to be honest) desu (dess)
>>
>>34851031

Have you bought the necessary medical substances in order to follow a program designed by a russian drug dealer called Boris?
>>
>>34847652
You seem to be stopping just before paralell mate.
>>
>>34851082
desu (devilish evil scummy underwear)
>>
>>34847827
Goddammit stop popping your ass back so hard and open up your knees. You even try to sit back with your highbar man.
>>
First heavy squat day on cube coming up in a few. Next week all the percentages jump and lifts probably actually get heavy.
>>
>>34851031

May the Boris be with you.
>>
>>34848486
Juggernaut is probably the least shit linear/block periodization set-up out there.
>>
>>34849519
RDLs, goodmornings
>>
>>34847652
No poop this time, right friend?
>>
>>34848486
Yeah and Ed Coan literally snacks on dbol like candy. No shit people on shitloads of gear can recover and make gains on all kinds of stupid shit
>>
>>34851295
this
>>
>>34849519
Get figuratively keked by Sparkle of course. Worked great for me until it didn't anymore.
>>
>>34851031
Good lad

>>34848486
>Have you guys never heard of old school powerlifters?
You mean pre-WADA powerlifters?
>>
who watching?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIK5ZlNkXQs
>>
Lads I've came to the conclusion that
>sitting back and breaking at the hips is a must for lowbar
is a meme. Being upright with a medium-narrow stance just feels so much better at every intensity over 50%.
>>
>>34851326
Have you ever considered Smolov Jr or something like that?
>>
>>34851341
nope
>>
>>34851315
>keked
Meant "keked" but kek'd when I saw the autocorrect
>>
>>34851332
wasnt worlds in summer when isley competed? Whats this?
>>
>>34850075
In this country, you gotta make the volume first. Then when you get the volume, you get the fatigue. Then after you get the fatigue, then you get the super-compensation. Then when you get the super-compensation then you get the gains.
>>
>>34851343
Why not?
>>
>>34850112

The 3 days cycles were beginner cycles, the pyramids are easy because of that. The new programs are still a bit-lowballed too but once you start increasing your volume to match your abilities they start to feel hard and that's when you have to work to maintain the technique.
>>
>>34850179

>I think bench, moreso than the squat and deadlift (which do still display this effect), is a movement where the difficulty of any given percentage set shoots right the hell up once you start talking about actual advanced lifters.

Part this, and part that it takes a while to find your appropriate volume requirements. Russian lifters mostly had coaches who made volume adjustments when required.
>>
>>34850252

Which program?
>>
>>34851122
He knows we try to tell him but he's a stubborn old stupid fuck who likes ego lifting because hes weak
>>
So since i am a DYEL pleb who just started lifting, should i switch to low bar squat? I've only tried high bar and so far i'm up to 2.5 plates (third week in).
So, low bar and front squat on leg days or stick with high bar?
>>
>>34851371
It's a fucking stupid program that only morons like buda would do
>>
>>34851402
>I've only tried high bar and so far i'm up to 2.5 plates
lose weight or squat lower
>>
>>34851412
I'm squatting low as fuck, thats not the problem, also i have not tried my 1RM since im still basicly getting my body used to lifting.
That was not the question tho, thanks for nothing
>>
>>34851411

It's literally joint cancer
>>
>>34851456
so lose weight fatty
>>
>>34851411
Hey. Don't bully the buda.

But for the record even I haven't dicked around with any smolov routine
>>
>>34851402
If your a beginner you should pick one squat style and stick with it for a long time, if you try to learn multiple squats at once you're more likely to develop bad habits. As far as which to choose, it doesn't really matter just do what is comfortable for you and keep the weight moving up.
>>
>>34851465
So losing weight will give me insight on if i should do low bar+front squats or just do high bar?
Your posts dosn't make sense douchy
>>
>>34851108
Of course. I want to be like my powerlifting idols, jesse norris and Filip Lindström
>>
File: lejackedfrog.jpg (11 KB, 170x296) Image search: [Google]
lejackedfrog.jpg
11 KB, 170x296
>tfw hit PR on bench at 165kg 6x3 today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whi_CWmONOI&feature=youtu.be

Feels great, although it was the grindiest I've ever done any lifts in my life, didn't record my other sets, but my last rep on the last set was over 10 seconds for my last rep, shit was retarded.

v=Whi_CWmONOI&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>34851402
>Implying there's more than a minute difference between putting the bar on your shoulders or putting the bar slightly lower on your shoulders
Doesn't matter unless you have a specific goal with your squatting. Also you should do front squats regardless of squat style imo
>>
>>34851486
Ah right, i'm gonna try out the low bar tonight after work and see if i like it more, so far my neck has been sore from the bar and i've seen that most ppwerlifters favor the low bar so i just wanted a second opinion. Thanks
>>
>>34851499
nice grind dude
>>
>>34851530
t-thanks
>>
>>34851501
I just want to mpve some fucking weight right! Since i just started out and never go under 3 reps so far i'm kinda happy woth my progress. Adding 5-10 kg every session, time will tell
>>
>>34851499
I REALLY don't like this Wilks style programming
What is the point of touch and go RPE 9.5-10 triples? Absolutely nonsensical
>b-but it works for me!
because you're talented, you're making sub-par gains without a doubt
>>
>>34851545
He's made huge gains with wilks that he hasn't before tho
>>
>>34851545
It's basically just intermediate progression, you keep going by adding 2.5kg every week until you fail, then deload and repeat
>>
>>34851557

What is "wilks style"?
>>
>>34851568
10kg on total in 18 months
>>
>>34851588
b-but I added 54kg on my total in 3.5 months on a program that's meant to be slow progression lad
>>
>>34851599
Would you rather be a champion or a panda?
>>
>>34851622
both
>>
>>34851599

Does it come with bonus tracksuit pants?
>>
File: 0071 - MRXTebT.jpg (32 KB, 543x521) Image search: [Google]
0071 - MRXTebT.jpg
32 KB, 543x521
>>34851625
>>
>>34851568
On the bench?

>>34851559

On the squat and deadlift? Block periodisation once week (3x10, 3x8, 3x6, 3x5) up to a very heavy pr set of 5 that wilks guesses (very accurately)
>>
>>34851402
>dyel
>Squatting 275 after 3 weeks

I dun bleeve ya
>>
So, sitting is unhealthy for the lumbar.

But standing still doesn't really feel and better.

Is walking around in slow pace (say you are waiting for something or are in the train / w/e) any better aka healthier?
>>
watching EYE PEE EFF WORLD OPEN POWERLIFTING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2015 - MEN, 59 & 66 KG

in instasync desu https://instasync.com/r/ipf
>>
>>34848310
the treasure of the sierra madre
>>
Worlds stream having a circlejerk about being smart rn lads
>>
File: gopnik[1].jpg (58 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
gopnik[1].jpg
58 KB, 600x450
>>34851689
Just 3rd world squat lad
>>
>>34851740
Can't do that in normal cloths and it's quite impractical don't you think?
>>
'womano vs womano'

that's not how it works you fucking shitlord
>>
>>34851752
>perfectly natural position
>requires no chair

Stop wearing your home skinny jeans and squat like a man
>>
>>34851725
'instasync' gives malware. don't fall for it
>>
>>34848035
>The reason I stopped doing OHP desu was because I fucked by back on it and figured
You leaned back too much senpai
>>
lets make all our future threads in >>>/trash/
should be fun desu
>>
>mfw she loves him more even though we made out when they were a couple
ya feel me lads
>>
>>34851810
>getting involved with a cheat.

What you get fAm
>>
>>34851856
tHERE'S LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH MAKING OUT WITH SOMEONE IN A RELATIONSHIP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34851856
Watching the real worlds senpai? The camerawork is awesome, hope they use it at the worlds people actually care about
>>
>>34851867
Ofc.

I love equipped.

>>34851865
Things keks say.
>>
>>34851725
how many wolrds do they have
>>
>>34851865
dude that's not nice
>>
>>34851887
Classic
Open
Junior
Bench press
Masters
Junior BP
Master BP

So, seven.

No one care about the last three though.
>>
>>34851896
I thought they'd combine Open + Junior in 2016?

And when will classic bench be included?
>>
>>34851896
>seven
why
>>
>>34851674
My legs are pretty powerfull compared to my upper body, skateboard for 10 years and plumber for three years has made my back and legs pretty strong, my bench tho...
>>
Hey nobody told me benchie was at worlds!
>>
>>34851907
I dunno bud I waswas all sportsy and shit but still took me way longer to get there. Either you're a prodigy or you squat shallow as fuck
>>
>>34851896
can someone explain each one

like is there an event just for the bench press?
>>
>>34851916
1.80 m 85kg, i have my gf who's way more experienced in lifting than me making sure my form is ok before i add more weight. Dunno i thought 90kg was ez on my second session, and i just took off from there. Not sure if my math is right but last time i did 120x5 as my PR
>>
>subarashi!
Isley stop being a weeb commentator and get back to work
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.