[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 1439083700182.png (147 KB, 371x387) Image search: [Google]
1439083700182.png
147 KB, 371x387
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread General

I'll start. What should I have for dinner? Vanilla pancakes cooked in butter with a chocolate double scoop shake ~or~ literal dog shit ~or~ cheddar grits with pepper and shaved medium rare steak on top.
>>
I haven't had a real meal in 2 days

I don't feel hungry at all, in fact I feel kinda full so I really don't think I can put stuff in my body. I'm starting to get lightheaded from not eating though.

Am I dying?
>>
>>34847037
you should make a shake or drink something with calories, and have about three bites of food.

you will die if you do this for a few more weeks
>>
if i make a smoothie with frozen fruits, milk,yogurt and a banana and fridge it overnight will some of the nutrition disappear
>>
>>34847103
No

But if you leave it there for weeks it will explode
>>
>>34846996
Breakfast for dinner.
>>
>>34847103
No. The worst that'll happen is bacteria will start to feed on it. This would take more than just a day to become significant though.
>>
Can I shake whey in cold water then add coffee and hotwater for a mocha drink? (Planning on using white choc whey.
>>
File: 1437938599487.jpg (60 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1437938599487.jpg
60 KB, 720x960
>>34846996
how can I improve my symmetry but only using bodyweight ?
I can't join a gym just yet
> unemployment, don't have a permanent town or home to live in ect ect.
>can only train bodyweight .

my left arm / shoulder / chest and traps are bigger than my right.

my right leg/ abbs and forearm are bigger than my left.

The only thing symmetrical is my back.
How should I counter this considering I only have bodyweight training avaliable ?
>>
A while back (2 years or so) I saw a workout image with a list of exercises and reps that was based on the idea of using only your own bodyweight to get fit. It covered all of the body and a tonnes of different stuff. It even had a website link and stuff and seemed legit enough. I lost it when my computer died. Anyone have anything close to it?
>>
>>34847125

I don't see why not. I'd use milk instead of water tho.

>>34847129
stop posting on 4chan and get a cinder block or something
>>
File: chart.png (17 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
17 KB, 480x400
So, i left /fit/ and gym for about 5 months
My lifts were (kg)
BP:80 5x5
SQ:100 5x5
DL:120 5x5

Can you recommend some strengh routine that only squats 2 times a week? i think im going to the re Reg Parks one, since ita for people that been to gym for a while, is it a good one?
>>
Since I didn't get any advice on last thread:

1: Tried doing facepulls standing from a pulley yesterday. I feel it today but they were really hard to keep my balance from falling back forward on. Any remedies to this problem or am I doing them wrong?

2: I haven't been to the gym in a while, and I feel doms everywhere on my upper body except biceps. However, I did 6 sets of curls at a challenging level to myself and I don't feel any doms there, is this normal? Do your biceps get less doms typically than other muscles?
>>
File: 1439228311191.jpg (3 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
1439228311191.jpg
3 MB, 2481x6600
>>34847132
this picture Getz posted all the time .
>>
>>34847125
Yes, I used to mix instant coffee with my whey and water for a preworkout. First, make sure it's instant coffee, regular coffee grounds don't work that way. Second. why cold water and then hot water? Do you want it hot or cold? Whichever you want just use that and mix it all together in a blender bottle.
>>
>>34847169
Enjoy you are trip to no-gains city, population: you.
>>
>>34847189
I'm actualy making gains doing this bro.
only thing bad is it needs deadlift and squats .
>>
>>34847189
What's wrong with it? If I supplement it with some work on a bowflex would that be okay? I don't need huje gains, I just wanna lift 80lbs easy for a job fitness test.
>>
>>34846996
What accesories do I add to stronglifts? It's for a guy and a girl, they will do the same training
>>
File: asdfas.jpg (866 KB, 1965x2777) Image search: [Google]
asdfas.jpg
866 KB, 1965x2777
Have I made any bicep gains, /fit/?
>>
>>34847297
Nope, keep lifting.
>>
>>34847241
Body weight workouts are not going to make you strong. I think a certified weakling could lift 80 lbs off the ground, depending on what it is you're actually lifting, so sure doing body weight workouts should prepare you enough. But we're mostly about lifting heavy things here.
>>
File: 1418228156215[1].jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215[1].jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>34847329
>Body weight workouts are not going to make you strong
>>
How long do noob gains last? I'm 6'1, 242 with a 275lb deadlift 205lb squat, and a 100lb ohp. (Rows and bench are low due to bad form not muscular developement) Do I stick to cutting and bulking, or can I still eat at maintenance and burn fat and build muscle?
>>
>>34847329
That's okay, I need to maintain a thin boyish form for as long as I can. If the workouts are just enough to get me lean with okay muscles I'll be fine. Not looking to lift the world or anything, just stop being super weak. TY /fit/
>>
>>34847353
Sorry, you're right, strength is all relative. You will never be as strong as an intermediate lifter by doing only body weight workouts. To me, that's a weakling.
>>
>>34847257

Leg curls, Flys, skullcrushers, dips, pull/chin up, power cleans.
>>
>>34847362
You're fat as fuck. You better keep cutting. I'm only being harsh to emphasize how serious I am. Cut until you see abs. Then you can worry about bulkan.
>>
>>34847395
Well no workout will make you "lean" or "toned" or anything like that. You're bodyfat percentage and lean muscle mass determine what you look like. Fitness is a science and it takes attention to detail to succeed. I suggest you read the sticky anyways. The understanding you'll gain from it will help you no matter what your goal is.
>>
>>34847297
eat moar faggot
>>
>>34847441
I remember. Wrong descriptor I guess. I'm already thin and at a good weight, I'm just looking to aquire some muscles to not be a complete shitter.
>>
How is the shoulder to waist ratio measured
Is it length or diametre or whatnow
>>
File: noobgains.png (48 KB, 621x365) Image search: [Google]
noobgains.png
48 KB, 621x365
Can someone explain to me what "noob gains" are?
is it getting fast gains when you first start exercising OR is it making fast gains when your lifts are shit?

sounds niggly, but currently i am untrained, and can't start lifting properly for another 2 months (due to holidays/travelling). so i was going to start doing bodyweight exercises to get a head start before i can properly gym but don't want to waste my 'noob gains'?

idk
>>
How does lifting help with weight loss?
I know the sticky says its a good idea but how does it work?
>>
File: postureprofile.png (8 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
postureprofile.png
8 KB, 800x600
My posture is completely fucked. If I stand up completely straight, you can actually see my back curve inwards heavily in the lower back area.

Can I lift safely despite that? I lifted for about 3 months about a year back and despite knowing all the theory, I still felt like I never really got the DL form down and I don't feel like I can get it down due to my back. Feels like it's always going to curve and I'm gonna snap my shit up.

Should I just fix my posture first? Can I do it by myself? It feels pretty perma fucked from my video games years desu senpaitachi
>>
>>34847546

>Can someone explain to me what "noob gains" are?
>is it getting fast gains when you first start exercising

Yes, this. It's partially due to the fact that you're not yet to the point of "diminishing returns", and partially due to weightlifting being a new activity to you, so it will feel like you're getting stronger but really you're just getting used to proper form, exactly how far you can push yourself, etc.
>>
>>34847575
Short version, you expend extra calories from the extra work put on your body.

Long version
>google "burning calories lifting weights"
>>
>>34847538
Circumference.
>>
>>34847154
Go for it.
>>34847161
1: It improves over time as you get used to it and you find your balance point, at least that's what I found myself.

2: That's normal. My biceps sneak their way out of the doms reach every now and again. If you feel you're not going at it hard enoug go harder, but don't snap yourself up.
>>
>>34847846
Does it burn fat though?
I'm not looking for a calorie burner from what I understand It's much better to just not eat something than to workout for an hour to burn it off.
>>
>>34847425

But do noob gains still last at this weight? I cant really progress anymore on squat/OHP/deadlift every time I do the workout anymore.
>>
>>34848008
Yes. Check out fat oxidation.
>>34848021
The weight has stalled because you're cutting. If you still got more fat to burn off, keep going.
>>
Pain in the left part of my left knee only when I bring my leg in towards my right leg. Got it from squatting at the gym. It gets worse if I try squatting at home once or twice. Anyone know the source of the problem? It doesn't really hurt to walk or squat, but bringing my leg in hurts pretty bad.
>>
I asked this in the last thread and got 1 response :(

What is the best bodyfat percent to cut down to? Health or aesthetic wise?
>>
File: CB2.jpg (169 KB, 1158x1297) Image search: [Google]
CB2.jpg
169 KB, 1158x1297
Here's a question I haven't found an answer to yet, hopefully someone here can help me out:

I have extremely low body fat according to a bf% calculator (which is probably inaccurate) at my rec, lower than 6%. Except right now I don't have the body type I usually see for that body fat range: As you can see I don't have a gut, but I don't really have abs either.

How much muscle is required for that shit to start showing? We're entering winter so I'm not too concerned about showing off my body, but at least it would give me a little confidence to see some visible progress.
>>
>>34847665
so since its fast gains when you first start exercising, i shouldn't do any bodyweight stuff? i should just do nothing for 2 months until i can go to a gym and lift?

or am i just using shit logic here? i just don't want to 'waste' my noob gains
>>
>>34848539
6% No way in fuck, more like 13-16% imo
>>
>>34848597
Yeah like I said that thing's probably inaccurate bit still
>>
File: 4chinnov9.png (545 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
4chinnov9.png
545 KB, 800x1067
5'11 - 200lbs

275lb 3x5 deadlift
200lb 3x5 skwats
150lb 3x5 bench

Guys I need help to break out of body purgatory.

I feel like if I cut to 12-14% I'll look skeletal and lose any of the muscle I do have.

I don't want to keep looking like shit, but I have the problem I mentioned above. Should I bulk and do a long ass cut, or start cutting now and get to 12-14% in like 5 months or something?

I don't want to be stuck in this current endless cycle I am now where I need to decide whether to cut and most likely look skeletal or bulk and continue looking shit. I just wanna look better and look like I can lift more than I can.

What do you all recommend?

thanks
>>
File: git.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
git.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>34848267
Go easy on it and let it heal up, sounds like an injury.
>>34848539
Please eat more.
>>34848529
>>34848639
>12-14% GOAT
>>
File: 1425692743434.png (130 KB, 250x218) Image search: [Google]
1425692743434.png
130 KB, 250x218
>>34848671
>>12-14% GOAT
Think I should just say fuck it and cut to 12-14% then?
>>
The fuck is a "high test?"
Yeah bugger me for not knowing and that, but that's why I'm asking.
>>
File: 1446131851512.jpg (111 KB, 818x1227) Image search: [Google]
1446131851512.jpg
111 KB, 818x1227
>>34848639
>if I cut to 12-14% I'll look skeletal and lose any of the muscle I do have.

you're right f.a.m better keep bulking, you don't want those muscles to go away
>>
File: scoobsdb.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
scoobsdb.jpg
152 KB, 1280x720
>>34848733
Didn't say I was bulkin m8. I'm eating at maintenance currently
>>
>>34848727
Stupid fit meme. Apparently some people on the internet who claim to be fit claim that they like fat women. Apparently being high in testosterone makes you go for whatever woman regardless of weight is the joke I think. They shit post here on fit everyday, and the worst part, is some of them actually do like fat women.
>>
>>34848688
That's what I'd do, personally.
>>34848727
Qt's with good proportions.
>>
>>34848784
>>>34848727 (You)
>Stupid fit meme. Apparently some people on the internet who claim to be fit claim that they like fat women. Apparently being high in testosterone makes you go for whatever woman regardless of weight is the joke I think. They shit post here on fit everyday, and the worst part, is some of them actually do like fat women.
>>34848784
Thanks senpai. Now that I know... blruughggh.
>>
So /fit/
I'm 169cm eating 1400 cals and i'm 58kg
At the start of this year i was 69kg
My tdee is supposedly 2000-2200 with moderate exercise & calisthenics
Am i losing weight too slowly?
I'm concerned because i seem to have bouts that even last 1-2 months where i've been the same weight or even gained some. How can this be possible?
>>
I have a question. I'm a fat ass but I've been lifting for a few months, squats and deadlifts up to 100 and 115 kg. Eating at a deficit but lifts are going up. Will my strength gains stop if I keep eating at a deficit? Will I need to stop adding weight at some point and keep the same weight through the whole time until I reach my goal weight?
>>
How exactly do you go about "lifting to failure"? Do you go for failure just once, on the last set? Or do you try to fail multiple times, on each set?
>>
>>34849506
Yeah, unfortunately. You're experiencing noob gains right now. Basically your body, bones, connective tissue, and nervous system getting used to pushing heavy weight and also you're getting the form down. You will stall, and you're best option is to keep doing as much weight as you can until you're down to a lean bodyfat. Then you can bulk up from there.
>>
>>34849236
That's kind of slow if you mean you started in January. It's less than 3 lbs a month. You can safely lose as much as 8 lbs a month, but that's pushing it. I'd say 4 is reasonable. I'm assuming you're a woman because of your stats. If so, you're pretty close to your goal I assume so great job! If your a man, it's time to bulk up!
>>
>>34849236
Also, make sure you adjust your TDEE every time you lose around 8lbs. If you calculated your TDEE at your heaviest weight, it could be your new maintenance TDEE at this point.
>>
How many grams of glutamine is optimal and how/when should i take it?

Is creatine monohydrate really the best version of creatine? What about micronized creatine monohydrate?
>>
>>34849782
Glutamine's a waste of money unless you're cutting. As for creatine, it doesn't matter. Get 5-10g per day. Watch your diet and lift hard. We're all gonna make it
>>
Just finished college, used to drink ridiculous amounts of caffeine and now I'm debating on cutting clean.

What's the long-term pros/Cons of a zero tolerance for caffeine?
>>
what is your recovery strat for not having a pre-made meal ready?
>>
>>34849813

The only real "con" is that you'll go through withdrawals for a few days, getting headaches and such. Caffeine is a relatively minor addiction, as addictions go, but it's still an addiction.
>>
Optimal time to wait to eat post workout?
>>
>>34849899

Whenever.

The post-workout spike in anabolism lasts for about forty hours.
>>
>>34849899
10 minutes after. If you miss it its like you never lifted
>>
>>34849664
each set
>>
>>34849664
As a GENERAL rule, lifting to failure is counterproductive. The amount of fatigue it causes overshadows what little extra benefit it adds to a set. This fatigue hurts your recovery, between workouts as well as between sets. If you take your first set of a given exercise to failure, you'll be able to do fewer and fewer reps per set, while if you keep a few reps in the tank, you'll be able to keep hitting the desired amount of reps AND even do more quality sets than if you'd gone to failure.
Basically while taking a set to failure makes it more productive than if you don't, the fact that you will be able to perform MORE total work if you don't, makes it better not to.

Also, the heavier weight you're using in relation to your 1RM, the further you should stay away from failure, and the other way around. The lighter weight you're using in relation to your 1RM, the closer you must go to failure in order for it to elicit a training stimulus. So if you're doing sets of 3 reps you can use your 5 or 6RM and the set will still be productive, but if you're doing sets of 25-30 reps, then you must go balls out for it to yield any gains in strength and size.

As far as safety goes, the bigger amount of weight you're handling, the less safe going to failure becomes, because the closer you get to failure, the more technical break-down you'll see. So if you're lifting 200 kgs it's very unwise to go to failure. But if you're curling 10 kg dumbbells it's quite unlikely that you'd hurt yourself.

Lastly, on a personal note I'd like to add that this kind of information usually appeals to the wrong people. A lot of people don't know how to push themselves in the gym, and when they hear that "failure is bad" they'll never learn how to. Most people's definition of failure is actually far from true concentric failure. Too few people know how to train hard and as a result don't see the progress they could have seen.
>>
>>34846996
I have been stalling on my OHP in my last two workouts , but I broke through today. I'm afraid I might stall again the next time I have it. Is there anything I can do which might help me through? My OHP is at 35 kg rn
>>
>>34850295
What program are you doing?
>>
>>34850298
Stronglifts. I'm in my second month
>>
>>34850325
You have two options:
#1 Start micro-loading, if you have access to 0.5kg plates. Progressing in smaller jumps can work.
#2 Start adding reps rather than weight from session to session. When you get up to doing 3x8, increase the weight and drop back down to doing 5 reps. Rinse repeat.
>>
File: 1680.gif (2 MB, 317x319) Image search: [Google]
1680.gif
2 MB, 317x319
i have iron plates and concrete floor, what can i do to minimize damage when dropping weights on the floor after clean and jerk?
>>
>>34850573
Get a lifting mat.
>>
>>34850374
I didn't respond to you in time but thanks a lot breh
>>
File: 6578.jpg (145 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
6578.jpg
145 KB, 1300x1300
While doing standing biceps curls with EZ-bar i've got pain into this spot (pic rltd) when releasing the bar back on the stand. What can be problem withs? Could be cause EZ bar (should i sue straight bar or do is in circuit machine)?
>>
>>34850806
Sounds like slight inflammation. Ice and rest.

Skip bicep curls next session. Substitute for an exercise that doesn't stress the wrist flexors as much.

i.e Chin Ups
>>
>>34850573
don't drop it.
>>
I've got a sharp very localized pain in my right lat when I flex it. Doesn't feel like normal soreness but doesn't feel like nerve pain either. What could this be?
>>
File: buttcops.jpg (122 KB, 469x750) Image search: [Google]
buttcops.jpg
122 KB, 469x750
I only have dumbbells, but I want to buy a curl bar. Because I just started, I want to save money by buying a naked curl bar and using my dumbbell plates to start.

Is bar thickness universal? Will my dumbbell plates fit on any bar I buy or do I have to buy a specific bar?
>>
why is Deadlift called Diddylift here?
>>
File: fatso.jpg (883 KB, 2082x1392) Image search: [Google]
fatso.jpg
883 KB, 2082x1392
>>34851147
Here on this tedious cut, went down from 94 kg to 86 already and still no sign of abs, how much fucking longer?!?!?! bf% estimate?? (im 173cm by the way)

thanks in adavance
>>
>>34851147
EY MATEY YOU RIPPIN ON THE DIDDLIEDONKERS???
>>
File: 1374606833746.jpg (26 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
1374606833746.jpg
26 KB, 435x326
So I came back to my home town and retardedly signed up to a shitty gym because my friends go there too.

There's literally no room for deadlifting, so I'd need to change it my full body program.
First two exercises are:

DEADLIFTS
INCLINE LEG PRESS

Can't deadlift, and they only have a horizontal leg press machine.

Wat do, boys? How do I replace em?

also
>mfw no squat racks in the gym
>mfw "you can use the smith machine"
>>
>>34851278

Ditch the gym, ditch friends. Eat big, get big.
>>
>>34850806
yea I had that too
it's because you're heavily engaging your forearms into your lifts

try to have a relaxed or neutral stance in your forearms when lifting anything bicep related, or it will just keep getting worse

>>34851237
shitty pic, 15-17%
>>
>>34850919

Bump, anyone got any idea what this could be?
>>
I've been lifting for about three months now, only break I took was a week off end of September. I really don't feel working out today, should I take the day off and come back Wednesday?
>>
File: 1446515861163.png (324 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
1446515861163.png
324 KB, 650x365
What are the best tricep exercises for gaining mass (rather than definition)?

So basically what works all 3 heads at once?
>>
Can i achieve ottermode in 8 months considering i go to gym 5 times a week and never skip ?
>>
>>34851638
look up rippetoes way of doing LTE.
>>
>>34851876
It depends on the program you do and your diet. If training is optimal, then yes.
>>
>>34852005
monday : legs and abs
tuesday : chest and biceps ( and legs)
wednesday : back and triceps (and legs)
thursday and friday: repeat arms , back and chest depending on recovery

on top of that 5 km ergometer (rowing machine) every day

i try to eat clean 3-6 times a day and will start taking whey soon

3x10 reps everything

will i make it ?
>>
>>34846996
I have a very light throat cold. Should I skip the gym? I don't want to but if i'm sick maybe I should take a few days off since my body is spending too much energy fighting off this cold and maybe I won't get as much out of my training
>>
File: medpulldownback.jpg (933 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
medpulldownback.jpg
933 KB, 2272x1704
Girls should do wide grip or narrow grip? Since getting wider is undersiderable and all
>>
>>34852041
I think your routine is bad
Use a common routine, PPL UB/LB
Also, 5k every day in a rowing machine? Are you fat?
>>
>>34852091
no , i just like rowing

also what does PPL UB/LB mean ?
>>
>>34852118
push pull legs
upper body/lower body
>>
>>34852131
i will consider this , thanks for the input
>>
>>34852084
wider grip doesn't equate to a wider back
>>
>>34852167
... so narrow grip make a wider back?
>>
If I'm still hungry fairly often on a bulk, should I eat more?

> 201 cm
> 202 kg
> 12%
> 2 years liftan

I'm eating 3800-4000 kcal each day, same meals bc meal prep. This is technically my TDEE + 500 or so. I'm gaining weight at around 1 lb a week. Jw if I should push it farther.
>>
>>34852203
That's some dumbass logic.
>>
>>34852231
wat

I'm 192 cm and 85 kg @ 12%. Post stats / pics.
>>
>>34852238
then what does each grip do then?
>>
>>34852255
Fucking google it, who cares? But just because something isn't true doesn't mean the opposite is true. That's bad logic and you're going to fuck yourself over.
>>
>>34852041
You should consider investing the first 3-4 months into a program like SS or SL, the muscle-size gains are close to the same as any other decent program if you're just starting while the strength gains are lightyears faster on SS/SL compared to bodybuilding programs. That strength can then be utilized on a bodybuilding program for more sweet gainz.
>>
>>34852278
>but everything in this world is the polar opposite of something else, r-right?
>>
>>34852278
This is the dumb questions thread if you didn't notice you aggressive goddamn retard
Either make yourself useful or fuck off
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-08-18-23-38-35.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-08-18-23-38-35.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>34852242
Currently at 80/100/125/150 kg lifts.
>>
>>34852299
no

>>34852305
suck my dick
>>
>>34852278
>coming to this thread just to ask who cares and tell people to use google

oh boy
>>
>>34852309
Pic is a bit old but I haven't taken any since.
>>
>>34852311
no thanks i don't like tic tacs
>>
>>34852231
>>34852242
>>34852309
>>34852314
Jesus fuckin christ I'm retarded, just noticed that it should read 102 kg.
>>
>>34852313
People who can't use google piss me off. Literally 90% of questions can be answered by Google. Some can't be, but what kind of cockhat do you have to be to go online and ask other people to google shit for you?
>>
Is 3x10 squats and 1xF planking enough to build abs given they're both done 3 times a week? My minimum plank time is 2+ minutes in the push up position.
>>
>>34852330
That's the whole point of the thread if it pisses you off then why are you here
>>
>>34852332
Cable crunches and Landmine 180s m8.

Don't forget to build chest, no pecs plus abs looks pretty bad.
>>
If I'm still hungry fairly often on a bulk, should I eat more?

> 201 cm
> 102 kg*
> 12%
> 2 years liftan

I'm eating 3800-4000 kcal each day, same meals bc meal prep. This is technically my TDEE + 500 or so. I'm gaining weight at around 1 lb a week. Jw if I should push it farther.
>>
>>34852373
If you go up in weight and don't stall on lifts then no, unless you want to do it for pure comfort.
>>
>>34852355
Don't worry, I work chest and back in my routine as well, thanks for the advice
>>
grip is failing me, bar is slipping on deadlifts
what do i do
>>
>>34851144
there are cheap bars like 28-31mm and Olympic bars ~50mm
>>
I use pic related to check my weight and bf%
How accurate are these?
5 days ago I weighed in at 170 with 13.7% bf
and this morning it sshowed 172.8 with 14.5% bf

I've been eating about 3000 cal a day so I don't know how it's possible that I gained that mush in just 5 days.
>>
File: taylor.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
taylor.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>34852631
forgot pic
>>
>>34851144
There are two types of plates, "standard" plates and "olympic" plates. Standard are ironically not very standardized, but they are probably what your dumbbells use (is the part where the plates go the same thickness as the part your hand holds?)

Olympic plates are what go on the barbells at the gym (as well as the ez-curl bars) and they have actual standardized measurements.
>>
why train legs if i look like a skip leg day meme with shorts on because of my lack of calves? oh and calve training doesn't work
>>
>>34852631
The weight is accurate, but the fat percentage is just a guesstimate.
>>
>>34852501
I'll be ordering from the same company, so I guess the chances are higher they'd be the same, but they sell the cheap plastic dumbbells (which I have) but also metal versions, which their curl bars are, which is where my problem lies.

>>34852693
>(is the part where the plates go the same thickness as the part your hand holds?)
Yeah, but they're pretty narrow. They're perfect for me, because I have tiny ass hands, but a lot of people seemed to feel the need to comment about the thinness in reviews.

Thank you both.
>>
I'm currently losing weight as a former fatty.

I'm doing 30 minutes on the elliptical, Doing light lifting, and eating 1500-2000 calories a day.

Will i be able to put on any muscle mass at all, or do i have to weight until done cutting weight, and then increase calorie intake while lifting?
>>
you can recomp over time if you lift heavy and eat at a very minor deficit. (250-500 a day)

Cardio will help you lose weight but you won't recomp doing it.
>>
>>34852792
You'll be fine for awhile, then you'll stall.
>>
>>34852774
>calve training doesn't work
Nah senpai you just don't train hard enough.
>>
Is it okay if I do dumbbell weight training (squat, benchpress, deadlift) for the first few weeks or so. I tried doing it with barbells but my hands are too weak and I'm paranoid about dropping it.
>>
>>34852830
Stall how? Like I'll stop putting on any more muscle, or i'll stop losing weight?
>>
>Estimating calories burned while weight lifting.

I've googled, obviously, and I know getting an accurate measure isn't reasonably doable without extra equipment. But I'm interested in getting at least a passably accurate measurement.

From my basic google search, I've gotten that a 185lb person would burn ~266 calories in a 1hr work out session, and since I weigh about 193, I figure that's a good number to use. However, I can only assume that 1hr session isn't 1hr of continuous exercise, and that it includes the rest between sets. So how much rest should I include to make sure i get an accurate time for my session? And more generally, is there a better way to estimate?
>>
do i lose macronutrients through diarrhea-ish shits? i sometimes get weird shits when i eat large amounts of milk products, do i still keep all the protein from them if i have a liquid shit?
>>
>>34853108
its ok m80
>>
>>34850806
Power through it, the pain goes away relatively quickly. I made all kinds of forearm gains with it which I like cause working the biceps alone while curling feels like a waste
>>
>>34851355
>shitty pic, 15-17%
17%? how long till abs?
>>
Is it better, for hypertrophy, to do more exercises for one bodypart fewer times a week, or less exercises but more frequently ?
For exemple if I go to the gym 3 times a week, is it better to do 3 chest exercises 2x a week, or 2 chest exercises 3x a week ?
The volume would be the same, but I don't know if it makes a difference.
>>
>>34853659
mostly depends on how developed they are
should start showing from <12
should look pretty sick <10
>>
can you guys rate my beginner routine:

full body workout 3x a week
20kg DB set, i can put 10kg on both and 20kg on only 1 DB

routine:
>3x5 squats
>3x8 pendley rows
>3x8 abwheel
>3x8 shrugs
>3x8 OHP / Arnold press
>3x8 tricep extensions
>3x8 curls/hammer curls

with 60seconds rest between sets i manage to do that in 60 minutes.
>>
>>34853746
Even for a beginner you should be able to handle more than 3 sets for everything. Increase rest time, increase sets, keep increasing weight and focus more on isolations rather than full body workouts all the time
>>
File: 5727562956.gif (471 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
5727562956.gif
471 KB, 300x300
>make a daytrip to another state to pick out an apartment
>father comes with me
>surprises me with McDonald's breakfast
>fuckitIllhaveacheatday.gif
>later we get QT taquitos
>finally end of the day family wants to go to Golden Corral

I haven't shit in two and a half days fit, I'm fucking worried. I just ate some tendies with fucktons of extra hot sauce, am I going to die?
>>
>>34853797
so make those 5 sets with 8 / 5 reps?
increase rest time from 1 a minute? what benefit is there?
and am i not isolating a lot with those exercises?
>>
File: ctb.jpg (53 KB, 479x560) Image search: [Google]
ctb.jpg
53 KB, 479x560
>>34853717
i like to thikn i have them pretty developed because i can kinda see them even with a layer on fat on it, look. Am i deceiving myself?
>>
>>34853700
There is at least one well thought-out study that I know of that shows a slight trend of better gains with higher frequency, but really from a practical standpoint the difference will most likely be neglible - As long as you're comparing two reasonable approaches and not two extremes.

Lower frequency can have certain benefits as well though, such as more rest time for your shoulder joint and stuff like that.

Do whatever you like. Both will work well.

>>34853746
On several of these exercises you will soon need to begin adding reps to the sets and/or coming up with more challenging exercise variations, simply because 20 kgs will be too light to elicit a training stimulus.
Squats 3x5 in particular isn't going to work for long. I recommend stubstituting it for high rep Goblet squats or Front squats. Split squats could be a harder variation.

Also, add push-ups.
>>
>>34853877
>Squats 3x5 in particular isn't going to work for long. I recommend stubstituting it for high rep Goblet squats or Front squats. Split squats could be a harder variation.

alright, will do anon thanks!
>>
>>34846996
I've been running PPL without rest , 7x per week, for 21 days now. I'm recovering fine and feel great, but I've only been barbell benching with 3x5 one day per cycle and OHPing on the other push day.
My bench hasn't gone up any, while my legs and back and smaller muscle groups like arms, calves, shoulders and abs are getting stronger.

What do?
>>
>>34853814
5 sets yes
More rest time so you can approach your next set fresher and keep form, if the rest time feels too long you are not lifting heavy enough.

You are spreading yourself thin, concentrate on certain areas on certain days. Monday - Chest and arms, Tuesday - Shoulders, back and legs etc that is just a crude example but you get the idea and always progressively overload, this is where I went wrong. You just cant stay on the same weight and exercise for too many weeks your body adapts too quickly to it
>>
>>34853799
yes, but you'll get over it.
>>
>>34853921
alright, will do, but theres only so much i can do with those lightweight-ish DBs ive got.

then again i went up from 3kg to 5kg and 7,5kg in 4 months, which is great for the weak guy i am.
>>
>>34853910
I should add that I also do 3x8 dumbbell incline press after my 3x5 flat barbell bench one day, and on the 4th day I do 3x10 dips and 2x15 cable crossovers after OHP 3x5.

So I hit chest with decent overall volume on both push days.
>>
>>34853943
I understand that's where I started too, start investing in more equipment when you can. You pretty much have to unless you want to start hitting the gym but having plenty of adjustable weights and at least a curlbar at home will go a long way and pay for itself
>>
>>34854013
a curlbar looks small enough that i could fit into my room
thanks anon, will look for one
>>
>>34854037
Just take the weights off when your done and put it under your bed. ezcurl ezlife
>>
>>34854059
might even be able to use the weights from my DBs
>>
>>34854075
They will fit, so will the spin locks so you can get a decent amount of weight on them in time
>>
File: 1438082991012.gif (95 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1438082991012.gif
95 KB, 245x245
So I've never really questioned this before but..
Lets say I do preacher curls 3x10, right?

Should I add more weight after each set?
Like 12x10 -> 14x10 -> 16x10
Or should I just go 14x10x3 ?
>>
>>34854101
nice!
>>
>>34854107
You should shoot for the same weight , that will put you near failure on the final set.
You could do a pyramid set where you raise or lower the weight, but then you would change the rep range each set.
>>
>>34853841
nah you're alright, you have a twopack going
gotta shed that fat tho
>>
>>34854153
how
>>
>>34854169
read sticky
>>
Can you chop a zinc tablet in half so that its 25 mgs a day instead of 50? Is there any extra benefits of getting 333% DV?
>>
>>34854186
less acne and zits, smoother skin
get 2mg copper with it
>>
My pull ups are fucking atrocious. I can bench, deadlift, squat, the whole nine yards with good form and good body weight to lifting weight ratio. But my fucking pull ups, I can get maybe 3 from a dead hang before dieing. Ican get 15 with about 30 lbs of help. How the fuck do I improve my pull up game? I dont skip shoulder days, but I feel completely useless.

Also: Friend of mine brings some welches fruit snacks (the little lunch packets). Says have one at the end of our work out, spikes insuline or somthing. How legit is this? Does it actually help with anything?

LAST questions: Need a good pre-workout. Couple threads said The Curse is good. I need a pick me up, but not something that will fuck me up. Miami Nights was some sketchy shit and fucked with me getting a hard on. had to stop it.
>>
I just got tendonitis, I've had it for a few days, and have had to skip pull and push. Should I do leg day, or should I just rest until its completely healed and risk nogains?
>>
>>34854254
Do pull ups every day. Do 4-5 sets spread during the day and do as many as you can.
>>
>>34854137
Aight, thanks bruh
>>
>>34854312
I should add that I would just be doing low-bar squats, calf raises, and leg curls.
>>
I have no idea how to cook. Making chicken and such sounds good, but im such a dumbass i don't even know where to get started, like how much do i buy? how do i defrost? what do i do with the leftover chicken that i don't cook? do i have to cook a pack of chicken all at once?
>>
>>34854474
Who the fuck raised you? a pack of feminists?
>>
>>34854312
>>34854429
I assume your tendonitis is in your lower half? No general medical knowledge here, but In the past, I have found that if its hurt, you wait for it to be better. You dont want to find out its too much when you ave 2 plates falling at you like I did. Find a threshold, and lightly hit it. Dont go "take of weight till the pains gone", you should be "Adding weight till pain starts.".

Also I believe its 2 weeks till you start seeing a reverse in gains. Give it a few days. might do wonders.

>>34854474
>defrost
I just leave it in fridge the night before
>how much
What can you afford? I usually get a weeks worth and set meal plans.
>Leftovers
Why waste? It can stay in the freezer for some time before use.
>Cook at once
Make a meal plan first, then you'll know what you need. Chicken is easy to cook. Cook todays, take out another pack and let it defrost in fridge over night.
>>
>>34854254
Try doing negative pull ups
>>
Still struggling to lose the remainder of the fat to hit my body goal, I've started lifting recently and making noob gains but I'm eating at a deficit so I know I won't gain any actual mass. Should I just start bulking or keep cutting?

Also I'm terrible with reigning myself in around food, should I just chug a liter of water before each meal so it forces me to become full midway through eating?
>>
if you go to bed eating, and you wake up hungry, does that mean you were at a caloric deficit?
>>
>>34854874
Height weight lifts please so we can advise you
>>
File: 4323434244.png (62 KB, 279x235) Image search: [Google]
4323434244.png
62 KB, 279x235
>>34854903
>this whole question
lmao
>>
>>34854932
6'4", 190lbs. Used to be 290lbs at beginning of the year, been cutting and running for the past 8 or so months. My lifts are shit, i just use 25lb dumbbells to do curls and overhead lifts, i don't have a barbell at the moment. i'm extremely new and don't even have a workout plan, i just go out and lift in my garage for a little while every day when i don't want to run. i think my bench is like 100lbs
>>
>>34854903
If hunger was a good indicator of how much you need to eat fatties wouldn't be fatties.
>>
>>34854969
its called, i crash diet because 500kcal a day takes forever, and sometimes i "binge" but i filled up mostly on carrots and fruit, which i feel good about still being low calorie.

but i did a few handfuls of raw oats which had me worried because that shit is caloric as fuck (guessing i ate around 500kcal worth)

but when i felt hunger pangs upon waking up it made question whether i still hit a deficit or not.
>>
what grip to use with dumbbell skull crushers?
>>
>>34854975
Good progress man. Now your next step is : get a gym membership asap (gym with barbells + squat rack), get SS the book, read it, start lifting and start eating more again. Don't be afraid to gain weight, it will be more muscle than fat if you eat properly. And by now you know you can lose the fat afterwards.
>>
I like wearing shorts but my shins keep bleeding from power cleans / deadlifts. Is there anything i can buy to cover that area or should i just sports tape it / wear gay leggings?
>>
>>34854976
i get that, but isn't timing a factor too?
or not at all.
>>
>>34855065
What do you mean?
>>
>>34855057
yeah i'm not worried about my actual pound weight anymore, i just hate that my body is a fucking funhouse underneath the clothes so I'm trying to build my upper body to balance out my love handles and jacked up stomach flab that won't go away unless i get hyper abs somehow

I'll probably join the 24 hour gym down the road soon, thanks for the advice man
>>
>>34855058
>Hitting your shins
Am I the only one who finds this weird? You should have a slight bend in the knee, but if your keens are over the bar that much your pretty much just doing a modified squat. I might not be visualizing correctly.

Also, compression pants under shorts can be fashionable, if thats what your worried about.
>>
>>34855149
It has to be hitting your shins. Think about it, the more efficient way to lift the bar is a straight line, and when you finish the deadlift the bar is kinda resting on your quads. So to get there in a straight line it has to be very close to your shins, possibly hitting them.
>>
>>34855116
timing of hunger pangs relative to the last time you ate.
>>
I've been doing PPL without rest for 21 days now. I'm recovering well and having no problems.

>except- my bench press, incline press and dips dips have been stalling even with 2 push days every 6 days
>push 1: flat bench 5x5, incline db 3x8
>push 2: OHP 5x5, dips 3-4x10, cable crossover 2x15-20

That's the entirety of my chest work.
I'm not getting stronger on any of the chest centric movements.

I was actually stronger about 3 months ago when I had less muscle and was slightly fatter, but I was benching 2-3 times per week then.
>>
Why do the natty cultists want to kill people who do cycles?

Like, just fucking do your own thing, fuckers. Jesus.
>>
>>34855149
you're supposed to keep the bar directly over midfoot
for 99% of people, this means sliding it along your shins.

but you should be doing that part of the lift slowly, even with power cleans
>>
>>34855257
Maybe 5x5 is too much volume? What about 3x5? Or you could try 3x8? Do you rest enough between sets? Maybe you need to eat more? Or microload?
>>
Hey guys, I've been lifting for a few weeks now but sadly my shitty ass local gym doesn't have a barbell rack, only a smith machine. So I've been using that for the whole time. Just recently I transferred to 24/7 fitness and god damn I can't even do 1pl8 with my arms going all over the place trembling and shit. I know this is my fault for using the smith machine, but generally how long will it take to get stabilized?
>>
>>34855276
You can do this part slowly with the power clean when you are learning them, but at one point or the other you gotta do it fast.

>>34855295

Start lighter, enough to not have you arms trembling all over the place, and progress progressively. You'll get there eventually, it isn't a race, man.
>>
>>34855295
I know at my local planetshittness, the smith bar is like 10lbs, and the free bar at the actual gym we go to now is 45lbs abouts. Its close to haveing another plate on there. I have noticed that my forms alot better if I dont try and bust out the whole set quickly. just go slow.
>>
>>34855287
I have done 3x5 some days, sometimes 4x5, and sometimes I only hit 3-4 reps on a set. The overall volume is more or less between 15 and 25 reps.
I've tried micro loading some.

I'm stuck on 160 lbs for 3 sets of 5,5,4 reps right now, with 90 seconds rest between each set.
When I was benching every other day on my strength routine 1.5-2 months ago, I was able to do 170x5,5,4,4,3 but weighing 143 lbs. I weigh 144 now.

I had started running PHUL 1.5-2 months ago and went on a month long cut which ended 3-4 weeks ago. My weight dropped from 143 to 138.
During the cut I only did flat bench a couple of times, which explains why bench went down THEN.

3-4 weeks ago upon finishing the cut howwver, I switched to PPL on a bulk and began benching again and only put up 155 for 5,4,3 reps at 140 body weight

>So in 3-4 weeks, my bench has only gone up 5-8 lbs, even though I've gained 4-5 lbs bodyweight, increased bench frequency and gained size on my arms, chest and shoulder measurements, and overall.
>>
>>34855453
Man how tall are you???
>>
>>34855453
The only variables that have changed are the rest time between sets, which has decreased by 100%, and the frequency and weekly volume- which have decreased slightly.

So obviously the first thing I'll do is expand my reat interval to 3 minutes.

If that doesn't work, I'll add flat bench to my second push day with some lighter work, perhaps 4x4 at 70% 1RM performed explosively, and maybe some singles at 80-95%
>>
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 1288x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 1288x1136
>>34855549
I'm 5'8". Here's my body about 4 weeks ago in the last morning of my cut

Bench is my worst lift by a decent margin, with OHP a bit ahead
>>
Starting a clean bulk after 2 months of keto (which is shit). I'm a 5'7" manlet, about 165lbs. Does 2500 calories and 180g protein sounds alright?
>>
>>34855592
If it was me, i would just eat way more and focus on bulking until i can bench at least 2pl8. But if you wanna stay lean like this you'll just have to accept that you're going to progress slow as fuck.
>>
>>34855633
180g of protein sounds like a number you pulled out of your ass. You don't need more than 150, considering you're probably a bit fatty.
Athletes can literally perform 100% with only 1.5 grams per kilogram of protein, so long as you're not cutting on a huge deficit.
If you're on steroids you would need more protein than normal, but I assume you aren't .

>>34855669
I'm not exactly lean bulking; I've gained half an inch to an inch on my smaller arm and a solid inch on each calf. 4 lbs in 4 weeks, and my plan is to keep going at that rate for 4-5 months.
I'm willing to go up a good 3% body fat.
>>
>>34853841
but like, if im currently 87kg wtih 17% bF that means that if i lose around 7-8kg of fat i will be at 10% and therefore have visible abs??

is it possible to lose 1kg of fat per week?
>>
>>34854254
>Also: Friend of mine brings some welches fruit snacks (the little lunch packets). Says have one at the end of our work out, spikes insuline or somthing. How legit is this? Does it actually help with anything?

It is legit. Most athletes do this for faster recovery, because they might train twice per day. I don't know how useful it is though if you are going to the gym three times a week.

Insulin promotes the absorption of glucose from the blood to muscles. Some bodybuilders also abuse insulin shots for this same effect.

http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/37/4/356.full

Don't get this confused with "anabolic window". That is bullshit.
>>
>>34855694
I got told by pretty much everyone I talked to that I should get 1g protein per lb. I usually took around 170, but got over it once in a while.
>>
File: wtsqcJK.jpg (92 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
wtsqcJK.jpg
92 KB, 640x960
>I just realized that that burger I ate while high last night was 1.2 thousand calories
>only have 200 calories left for today because of it
It's healthy to eat nothing but like... two salads for a day, right?
>>
>>34855881
Wait, I asked that wrong, let me ask again
>would it be better to eat almost nothing today or to eat normally and then cut down on my calorie excess that I usually eat on days I exercise, as today is a rest day
>>
>>34855705
pls this
>>
>>34855985
If you aren't afraid to die, it is possible with DNP.
So, are you going to risk your life to be a skinny faggot and have abs?
>>
>>34846996
Thoughts on using chalk when benching?

Today I nearly compromised myself on my last heavy bench set of the day, my hands were very sweaty and I found it difficult to get my usual, comfortable grip on the bar. This was not the case for my warm up and most my working sets..but its something that happens sometimes and its very annoying. My hands sweat up pretty easily when exercising. I was thinking of using chalk for such a situation...only using it as a last resort if I think a set will become compromised.

Opinions?
>>
>>34848542
you can't waste noob gains.

you can train for years improperly and make no gains.

then as soon as you start training optimally you will make "noob gains"

its just neurological adaptations to strength, perfection of form, and being at the point where you haven't reached diminishing returns.
>>
>>34846996
What routines can I do when I have just 2 dumbbells and 1 barbell with 2 x 2.5kg, 2 x 5kg and 2 x 10kg plates?
>>
>>34851278
>thinking you need a squat rack to do squats.
>>
>>34846996

It´s doing dumbell heavy rows letting it rest in the ground between reps meaningful? kinda in a pendlay row style
>>
Since I've suddenly added so much exercise from being a total couch potato, my TDEE-250/500cal is actually higher than my BMR used to be... Should I really start eating more than I used to eat in order to lose weight?
>>
>>34849804
Why specifically unless your cutting?
>>
>>34856125
the idea is you get a more full ROM
>>
>>34856149
>eating more
>to lose weight?
why?
if you feel full on less calories, why eat more?
that would just make you lose weight slower...

am i misunderstanding the question?
>>
>>34856179
Then for strenght gains/muscle gains for a 140 kg pendlay lifter, and so, improvement of the endlay row as principal upper back lift, would be better I guess?

Ill stick to them for a while and post results.
>>
>>34856062
Chalk is always good to use for any of the big lifts. Go ahead.
>>
im currently eating 1700 calories a day, and want to up it to 2000/day. should i slowly up it by 100 cals a week or just all at once?
>>
My chest is lacking in size in comparison to the rest of my body. How would I go about making it larger to be proportional in comparison to the rest of my body? How many reps & sets? Should I lift heavier for chest exercises? Should I cut back on other lifts and prioritise working on my chest? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>34856031
without such drastic measures, waht is the limit? what is realistic?
>>
>>34856204
I expected and can feed myself on max 1500 calories to lose weight but my TDEE is supposedly 2800 calories since I'm exercising many, many times more now.

I'm just wondering if it's bad to eat with such a huge deficit or if I should stick to the classic TDEE-500calories I've seen floating around here? Eating less would be easiest though?
>>
>>34855342
>progress progressively

Fuckin kek'd
>>
>>34856271
yes, of course, do more chest excesises... stop doing isolation of litle muscles if youre doing it, for example biceps.

Do this :
-4x12 bench press
-4x12 dumbell flyes
-4x12 incline bench press
-4x12 decline dumbell press

incorporate 1 or 2 times of this per week into your routine while eating well and youre guaranteed to have a very respectable chest in about 6-12 months
>>
File: 188232_f260.jpg (10 KB, 260x280) Image search: [Google]
188232_f260.jpg
10 KB, 260x280
Been doing SS for a few months now and got pretty nice gains. However, my squat form deteriorated and now I have some pain in the lower back (not in in the spine but on left side below hipbone). I want to take a break from squats for a while to heal and rebuild my technique after the break. I still making moderate progress with my presses and like the routine. What kind of stuff could I add that doesn't cause significant stress to my lower back like deadlifts and squats? I'm going to start going bouldering a couple of times a week as well.

Picture unrelated.
>>
File: Starting Aesthetics.jpg (256 KB, 1280x748) Image search: [Google]
Starting Aesthetics.jpg
256 KB, 1280x748
I apologize in advance for a question you've probably already seen before but I'm doing Starting Aesthetics, only my legs are fricken huge, really unproportional because I used to play soccer really seriously and trained legs like crazy, and I don't want to make myself even more unproportional.

So obviously skip the squat, but by skipping the deadlift, I know I miss out on a valuable compound lift; I'm assuming this is just legs and general back but I guess I'm a noob and not entirely sure.

What exercises can I do to compensate for not doing deadlift in terms of upper body?

Please help someone; I love you /fit/
>>
>>34856332
if you do fullbody you want to train chest first(muscle priority) if you do a split you want to hit chest more often(increased protein synthesis)

if you do this plus ading in extra volume(flyes dips etc) it wil get proportionally bigger to the rest, you could also do less shoulder pressing if you wanted to let the front delts be fresher for when you do the chest exercises but thats gay
>>
>>34856478
>soccer really seriously and trained legs like crazy, and I don't want to make myself even more unproportional.
dont train legs, seriously
these faggots think you cant get huge legs from cardio cause they never done it

unless youre going for a ultra buffed look, you dont need to isolate legs to have very athletic legs,

also remember, for aesthetics low body fat is king.
Even a skinny shit can pass off as aesthetic to some girls if they dont have fat, whereas if youre fat, not even muscles will make you hot
>>
>>34856478
Nothing, there is nothing that compares to what the deadlift does for your upper back development (I'm completely serious).
>>
>>34856517
Definitely dude; I know, I'm at about 11% right now and yeah I gotta cut more in a bit, but anyway now I'm trying to bulk up a bit.

And don't worry, I'm not working legs anymore, they're way to big; I was just hoping for a great back exercise or two to compensate for not doing deadlifts. If someone can help, that'd be really cool; I know tons of people on /fit/ know their shit enough to answer such a noob question.
>>
>>34856544
I totally realize that after browsing /fit/ for a while, but I'm just trying to pick up some scraps here.
>>
>>34856376
Thanks for the answers and advice. But, one more question. Can I continue doing other lifts while prioritising chest, and if so what amount of reps and sets should I do and should I do them at a lower weight? Thanks again.
>>
>>34856478
if you are newer hitting close to failure on your sq and dl sets and instead focusing on lifting as fast and explosive as posible your legs wil be sexy and athletic without being big and bulky
>>
File: SEYqB.jpg (19 KB, 450x301) Image search: [Google]
SEYqB.jpg
19 KB, 450x301
How do I into biceps? I'm lifting for 4 month and made a decent progress on most exercises, but still curling only 25lbs. I do hammer curls (30lbs) and concentration curls (25lbs) with some chin-ups from time to time, but see no progress. Am I missing something?
>>
I've started adding a 4th set where I go to failure (2-3 reps max usually) at a higher weight than my working weight to try to break plateaus - is this retarded?
>>
File: rack-pulls.jpg (99 KB, 885x654) Image search: [Google]
rack-pulls.jpg
99 KB, 885x654
>>34856478
So I did some research and it seems like rack pulls are a good alternative, as I understand them they're basically the back portion of a deadlift.

Are these gonna work legs at all? Because after not touching legs for like two years they still haven't shrunk much, I guess my muscles are predisposed for legs or something.

Really appreciate the replies I've been getting so far; you guys are pretty cool.
>>
>>34856426
Lighter squats

>>34856478
Don't be a pussy and squat and deadlift, your legs are not going to get much bigger and your upper body will catch up anyway, and you'll be happy to be that much stronger especially if you play soccer. Also nothing like these two lifts to increase overall muscle mass and more overall muscle mass equals better hormonal profile and metabolism for fat loss and muscle gain in the rest of the body, and mostly fat loss = "aesthetics".
>>
Canned tuna, eggs and chicken are the only cheap and easy sources of protein I know. What else is there?

Don't want to burn through my stash of kangaroo steaks yet and need some more variety.
>>
>>34856688
What program are you doing?
>>
>>34856851
quark and milk
>>
>>34856935
>quark
plain non-fat greek yogurt for Muricans
>>
wat are some good documentaries / movies that movivate you guys?
>>
>>34856918
SS but I'm on a permanent cut because I'm a fatty, all my lifts are stalled at this point after 5 months
>>
File: Tendinitis%20en%20muñenca[1].jpg (37 KB, 655x357) Image search: [Google]
Tendinitis%20en%20muñenca[1].jpg
37 KB, 655x357
I got tendinitis on my right wrist and shouldn't exert any force with it at all for a few weeks. Are there any back exercises I can do that don't rely on gripping anything?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.